RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Tavistock as a broodmare sire

You got me looking at the breeding of others in the first three, in the big races in Aussie yesterday, Berri.

Courtesy of the ANZ Bloodstock News site the following are from NZ families --Hitotsu, Fireburn, Mr Brightside, I'm thunderstruck, Icebath, Nerve not Nerve, , Straight Arran, Cap Estel

2 hours ago, Breeder said:

You got me looking at the breeding of others in the first three, in the big races in Aussie yesterday, Berri.

Courtesy of the ANZ Bloodstock News site the following are from NZ families --Hitotsu, Fireburn, Mr Brightside, I'm thunderstruck, Icebath, Nerve not Nerve, , Straight Arran, Cap Estel

Perhaps NZTM can do a story on this and get some attention on it

And don't forget the Zabeel influence in many of these dams especially the Tavistock Zabeel cross.I search most dams of good winners especially the city ones and it is surprising how many have Zabeel back in their dam lines.Yesterday a mate phoned me as his Moshe horse which he bred won its first race over 1000m.He bought a 20 year old Zabeel mare because of my harping on about Zabeel mares. 

I wonder about Fireburns sire Rebel Dane.There is no doubt he was an exceptional racehorse and is a good looker but in five generations there is him and one other stakes winner. He has of course left another stakes winner to Fireburn but again in the wet.Lets hope he can go on with it.I see the owners are calling for expressions of interest from studs to stand him.Bit sad for Glen Eden that stood and promoted him over the past few seasons.