RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

When does covid end as an excuse?

35 minutes ago, Midget said:

Can anyone justify why Trackside was not allowed into the Inquiry room to hear the hearing into the protest into the G1 at Awapuni today.

Further, what was the protocol those cowboys at Avondale (I am a member) were operating under today? I didn't have a starter there today so no email about oppressive rules but certainly did not look as though there was an open invitation to support the race day. As usual the track looked in great nick--not so much the amenities!😎

If this covid shit doesn't end soon I will be pulling out of racing and breeding in Aust.I am unable to attend sales as either a breeder or buyer. I have horses with trainers and unable to go to the races yet I can go where I like,shop where I like etc.No masks etc. What the bloody hell is wrong with the racing and breeding fraternity.

Aidan Rodley said it like it was on trackside - if the trackside crew were in the room with masks on how was it any different than interviewing a jockey after the race or the now groups of 200!!! allowed in a room anywhere else on course with no masks etc 

Excluding trackside didn’t make sense and like all said added to the theatre  

Some will call me cynical but this is the situation, as I see it.

Purei Hoiho Nati O Aotearoa is angling for further taxpaying funding.  With our present regime in power, to get taxpayer funding one must carefully lick the haemorrhoids on those in power.  Part of that "suck up" procedure is to pay excessive attention to the Kung Flu bulldust.  I call it bulldust because;

(a)   I am polite.

(b)   I have spoken with twelve acquaintances who have had Covid-19 and each one of them told me that it is one-fifth as bad as a hangover on Coruba.

So our beloved pastime of horse racing is prostrating itself at the altar of political correctness, in the hope of gathering some government largesse.  I think that is deplorable.  My wife tells me that if my idea of fun was sipping a soy de-caffeinated latte served up by a rug muncher, or tail gunner, in deepest rainbow Wellington, I would have different attitude to life.

I got the Bot 3 weeks back started with burning watery eyes and razor throat that came on from nowhere, then it mimicked a bad hangover (bottle of red and white wine and a half of bubbly, 2 days low blood pressure could hardly stand but the feature was the relentless headache. Awful.improved to day 4 felt good but then suffered flu like symptoms like a serious detox for 10 days ...bad flu at worst. Origin? Anyones guess but affected most in house hold who are jabbed up 3 doses . That's life, move on or we are heading down the WHO controlling World Health path .... very bad idea indeed but  'our' Governnent are on board .... this isnt the last we see of restrictions

18 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I got the Bot 3 weeks back started with burning watery eyes and razor throat that came on from nowhere, then it mimicked a bad hangover (bottle of red and white wine and a half of bubbly, 2 days low blood pressure could hardly stand improved to day 4 felt good but then suffered flu like symptoms like a serious detox for 10 days ...bad flu at worst. Origin? Anyones guess but affected most in house hold who are jabbed up 3 doses . That's life, move on or we are heading down the WHO controlling World Health path .... very bad idea indeed but  'our' Governnent are on board .... this isnt the last we see of restrictions

Gawd damn, that's the second dose in a year and a bit ain't it, smells like the bot, bit late for chilli now, but chicken soup and rest seems to work ...  ;)