RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Stick1

Te Akau Arrive In Style

What Te Akau charge is totally up to them.  It's like a coffee shop charging $6 for a coffee as opposed to $4.50 for a coffee, if the market can stand it then so be it.  Te Akau would have some overheads that other outfits don't, higher marketing costs, high communication costs with owners etc too.  I am sure that a business the size of Te Akau's would have to encounter some bad debts too that have to be rightfully spread across the business.

What I find hard to take is the media projection that only DCE can buy good horses.  Why whenever a Te Akau horse wins that the article has to say how much the horse cost and that is was purchased by DCE, whereas that is not the case for other stables.  I think this angle tends to make the casual public think that the only way for success in racing is to join Te Akau.  

On 4/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, scooby3051 said:

Nobody forces anyone to take part...you sound like you wouldn't so thats your choice...as it is to all the people who do join in its their own choice....its easy to sit on the side lines and knock people if you think they are doing so wrong get out and have a go yourself instead of taking potshots from the sidelines. And NO I do not have any allegiance or association with TA other than knowing David Ellis...but I just think they cop a lot of flack most of it just jealousy...IMHO.

Didn't say anything about forcing people to join just passing on the users pay system that operates now more with big syndicates that can suck up all costs without notice really no need to jump on the jealousy bang wagon as they do promote racing under their banner

The interesting thing to me (if my intuition is correct) is that initially the TA syndicates were full of Mum and Dad members as they provided a way for people looking for a small interest, often first timers in the game. Now however due to their high success and professionalism, I believe people who have already been in the ownership game (probably with limited success) are joining up.  That is a good measure of their performance and good for them (but it’s not for me).

I am continually amazed at the sheer number of owners listed in many of the successful Aussie winners, so spreading the ownership far and wide is very evident nowadays.

Crow you said this......

They even charge a fee per horse to wash the colours used but they would have clean ones for each horse not. Ask poor David it any of his syndicate owners have any of the trophies won as he has  got a good system going you pay and I gain.

I have enquired about this and what you say is not correct...cheers.

13 hours ago, pole said:

I do not know what the problem is with using a Helicopter.

I can remember One day at Trentham  Michael Walker arriving by chopper.

Peter Ryan using his fixed wing plane to fly jockeys to race meetings.

Craig Grylls has his pilot license and also owns his own plane, I remember last year Craig traveling from the Waikato to ride at Ruakaka, and he didn't want to deal with Auckland traffic.  So he flew his plane up to Ruakaka and he took another Jockey with him.  He also got a chance to fly over the home straight and have a look at the track.  Also, it's quite common for Sir Peter Vela to arrive at a race meeting in a helicopter.

19 hours ago, Leggy said:

Of course trainers charge for washing and ironing colours. It's part of the training job and that time is built into the fees one way or another.

Show me one who has a colours cleaning charge in the invoice as crow suggested...or will you now twist that as well as you always seem to try to do.