RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Niranjan Parmar Outstanding!

I've always been a fan of Te Akau based apprentice Niranjan Parmar.

Just watch Race 1 at Avondale today aboard Pozzi Vibe and view his outstanding horsemanship to stay with the horse!

Congrats to winning South Island based rider Tina
Comignaghi who is also riding in great form.

33 minutes ago, arjay said:

Think Opie may get a holiday for his ride on Brando

Not so sure Arjay, few moving about there and no contact, we see tendencies for horses to follow others moving in and out on a regular basis.

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Not so sure Arjay, few moving about there and no contact, we see tendencies for horses to follow others moving in and out on a regular basis.

T Yanagida (GERMANICUS) - Admitted a charge of careless riding in that he permitted GERMANICUS to shift inwards near the 150 metres dictating BRANDO (O Bosson) inwards, which in turn dictated PROVIDENCEPROVIDES (W Pinn) inwards into the line of CAVALLO VELOCE (S McKay), which clipped a heel of PROVIDENCEPROVIDES and blundered badly.

1 hour ago, MissJools said:

T Yanagida (GERMANICUS) - Admitted a charge of careless riding in that he permitted GERMANICUS to shift inwards near the 150 metres dictating BRANDO (O Bosson) inwards, which in turn dictated PROVIDENCEPROVIDES (W Pinn) inwards into the line of CAVALLO VELOCE (S McKay), which clipped a heel of PROVIDENCEPROVIDES and blundered badly.

Dictating inwards? Brando was the first to move inwards albeit marginally but everytime we see head ons we see a horse shift the other follows to varying degrees, there was no contact so what was stopping Bosson holding his line? Nothing that unusual really, look at Carte Blanche at Avondale, if Spratt had of maintained her line the horse goes close to winning. It's a fine line MJ but stipendary stewards reports are not that accurate. 

5 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

Anyone think that Wolverine was going to sail past the eventual winner. Had a fair heap of momentum up at the time. 

I think she had her chance but had just come to the end of her run when the incident happened JMO.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I think she had her chance but had just come to the end of her run when the incident happened JMO.

I think so too. Only four strides off the post and MB was pulling away at the post. Do you think Opie backed MB? Favourite was never going to win apart from coming around the turn Via the Cape. JMO.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I think so too. Only four strides off the post and MB was pulling away at the post. Do you think Opie backed MB? Favourite was never going to win apart from coming around the turn Via the Cape. JMO.

I think he had the choice but his colt just seemed to get lost...maybe first time this ws of going...can bring them undone...he looks a nice horse for next year though.

16 hours ago, MissJools said:

It looked ugly at the time,and admit to having only watched head on twice. Cavallo Veloce lucky to stay upright I thought.

10 hours ago, Idolmite said:

No. And I was on Wolverine. 

Interesting assessment in more ways than one 🤔it cost Wolverine its chance to win with contact, surely theres the tech out there to translate how fast each horse was travelling at point of interference. I didnt have a bet but I'm sure if mulebacker did he'd have a far better case here... mavern belle was running out under pressure ,Wolverine had its momentum stopped 65m from the post at the end of a race. Not flash

Absolutely the right decision.

Enough doubt that the second horse was going to get up without the interference so benefit of the doubt goes to the winner.  Hard to overturn a Group 1 when the winner won by over a length.  And not just my wallet speaking here :)

13 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

agree gruff but I do think she had peaked on her run and it was very close to the line...tough call either way I would have thought as arguments for both but I do think the result was fair.

Agree it was a tough call in that 2022 and we still rely on people in a room to decide something that needed to be decided on the track, that chance was taken from the Wolverine Camp . You interfere you shouldnt get any benefit of doubt close to 4 seconds from the finish

Watching the race I thought this Wolverine  is going to win here. Then I thought she had cost herself by ducking in. Head on showed that MB caused the interference. Wind taken completely out of the runner ups sails. No wonder it looked like she peaked. No interference it would have been very close. JMHO

35 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

Watching the race I thought this Wolverine  is going to win here. Then I thought she had cost herself by ducking in. Head on showed that MB caused the interference. Wind taken completely out of the runner ups sails. No wonder it looked like she peaked. No interference it would have been very close. JMHO

Yes. You cannot say categorically Mavern was going to win surely,but  with the rules of racing the protestor needs to prove their case beyond doubt, nigh on impossible watching two angles on a video ( where's the flemington birdseye view ?)if we knew how fast each horse was travelling when Wolverine was stopped (head on shows an overlap) then we wouldnt need to involve people in a room who get it wrong 3 times in 10. The previous 65 metres looks to put ¹¹this margin inside a neck and MB was running out under pressure while Wolverine maintained its line..but hey it's just an observation 😆

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I must admit, watching the race I thought Woverine was going to get there. I think the length margin was probably the deciding factor in the end. So if you are going to interfer with something do it properly so there is a decent enough margin to create doubt.

Niranjan was brilliant

Very true Doomy but as u say the interference at least cost it that margin, but that never seems to factor into the argument .What if Wolverine fell or lost its rider?  Similar to the incident with Sarah mcnab on Scotch, that horse not only lost its chance to win but missed out on a certain placing. What happened there 🙄  Fair go 🤔

1 hour ago, Peter R S said:

This post was about the riding skills of N Parmar!
Scooby, maybe he would have got On The Bubbles home in both its last 2 races, (tongue firmly in cheek)!

Haha...not even the hulk could have carried him to get 2000M Lol...but they have had a ton of fun with him a bloody handy horse...some friends of mine are in him and have had some good nights out thanks to him LOL....🍾