RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Congrats Jamie Richards And All The Best For The Future

What a great way to sign off as a winner, thanks for the memories you have given everyone over the past few years and from me and everyone at RaceCafe  I want to tale this opportunity to wish you well in your new and daunting venture In Hong Kong. I am sure you will chart a course to success and continue to fly the NZ flag high up there with plenty of winners in the coming years. May I wish you and Danielle every success with your future happiness together and all the success in the world that will come with the hard work and dedication you will no doubt continue to display in the next chapter of your career and your lives together.

Also wish Mark Walker and the new Te Akau team success in the upcoming season.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Well said Scooby. I'm sure he will create a lot more interest in HK racing in NZ. Where will his horses come from and do we know who any of them are so far?

I heard (2nd hand) that Jamie alluded to the fact that maybe the first 3 home in the Levin Classic were headed to HK with him. I did not hear the post-race interview to that effect but somebody else may have and can confirm or otherwise.

11 hours ago, chevy86 said:

I heard (2nd hand) that Jamie alluded to the fact that maybe the first 3 home in the Levin Classic were headed to HK with him. I did not hear the post-race interview to that effect but somebody else may have and can confirm or otherwise.

I dont think that would be right Imperatriz is a filly for a start.

TA have dribbled some lesser lights to Kranji over the years. They would have done their homework on the sorts of horses needed there so I'd be mildly surprised if there wasn't a plane load being assembled, destination HK, though just mho.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

TA have dribbled some lesser lights to Kranji over the years. They would have done their homework on the sorts of horses needed there so I'd be mildly surprised if there wasn't a plane load being assembled, destination HK, though just mho.

Its not so simple...first of all you need permits...I believe he will start with a smaller team and build up from there.it will take a bit of time but results will surely come.

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Its not so simple...first of all you need permits...I believe he will start with a smaller team and build up from there.it will take a bit of time but results will surely come.

Jamie's move was announced early December so it's a fair bet something was in the wind well before that so I'd say there's probably been planning going on for up to six months to support the move. No doubt there will be added interest  in Singapore racing from Kiwis once things kick off which is good all round for the industry.

1 minute ago, NextPlease said:

Isn't there a quota of trainers in HK, so presumably Jamie would get some of the stable of whoever's contract has expired?

He will get some leftovers for sure...but he will also build new owners which I am sure the Self obsession connection will help a lot there 🤑...he is a smart young guy he will work things out and be a huge success just my opinion but hope he smashes them up there it would be good for NZ.

20 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

What a great way to sign off as a winner, thanks for the memories you have given everyone over the past few years and from me and everyone at RaceCafe  I want to tale this opportunity to wish you well in your new and daunting venture In Hong Kong. I am sure you will chart a course to success and continue to fly the NZ flag high up there with plenty of winners in the coming years. May I wish you and Danielle every success with your future happiness together and all the success in the world that will come with the hard work and dedication you will no doubt continue to display in the next chapter of your career and your lives together.

Also wish Mark Walker and the new Te Akau team success in the upcoming season.

Did you hear Jamie and Danielle are engaged?  The question was popped last week!!