RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Aspen Colorado

Been unlucky and certainly should of won the Oaks, looks like an Australian Campaign is on the cards but where would you go? Ethereal in 2001 and Scarlett Lady in 2011 completed the Roses/Queensland Oaks double, this Horse looks very capable of achieving the same feat, there is a Victorian 4yo gelding with the same name so potentially Our Aspen Colorado goes on from there to win the Caulfield Cup.😀

39 minutes ago, frankie said:

The filly is off to Chris Waller in Sydney with its first mission the Queensland Oaks, if there is time.

Thanks Frankie, both Ethereal and Scarlett lady raced in NZ around 3 weeks before starting their campaigns, and both ran in the Manuatu Classic around April 8th before that? potential changes around quarantine and travel may of changed but outside of that you're home and hosed 😀Screenshot_20220329-212201_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220329-212054_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Been unlucky and certainly should of won the Oaks, looks like an Australian Campaign is on the cards but where would you go? Ethereal in 2001 and Scarlett Lady in 2011 completed the Roses/Queensland Oaks double, this Horse looks very capable of achieving the same feat, there is a Victorian 4yo gelding with the same name so potentially Our Aspen Colorado goes on from there to win the Caulfield Cup.😀

ive sought the help of a local shrink to straighten me out after having this going for an absolute motza in the nz oaks

it hasnt worked , i still wake up in the middle of the night screaming Ashvin Ashvin ...........faaaaaaaaark me dead !!

i'll come good, but it could take time 

nice horse.

😜

2 hours ago, Nerula said:

Time was 2.31 and change, was this track, tempo or class of this edition?

Typical of NZ Racing, stop start tactics seem to be the norm , 34.4 home in the oaks with OAC 34.7 with a chequered run.Track was perfect ,leaderboards 2.39 St ledger win must be close to a track record. The week before we were seeing 1.22 1400s and 2.22 2200m . For every good ride theres a pile of 'bad' , look at Chris Dell, he has been more pro active and getting results instead of sitting and waiting almost hoping for a good result . Where are the 'freegoers?

Interestingly the on Pacers who were responsible for the 2 min 2000s were involved in a few 2.18 2200s at Ellerslie? We know the tracks topographical nature is conducive to 2.07 2100s so the variables are numerous...always enjoyed the Avondale Cup 2.12s, real racing.😃

On 3/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, Gruff said:

All here for you Gruff       Bax joins forces again with Waller (loveracing.nz)  

5 hours ago, eljay said:

Will she stay in Oz or return home?

Undecided at this stage - apparently the standard of care over there is very, very good. Getting her across the Tasman is really expensive.

Itz a tough game alright. What was the sale price may I ask? Must say I didnt get the 'itz' , just didnt seem to fit Aspen Colorado and probably better suited to something geared up to a cart but hey just my superstitious opinion, will be interesting to see when or if it's used again on a Kiwi Thoroughbred in Australia. Looking  forward to see her offspring though ..but not  Itzoutofaspen please😆

Gruff, she has a full sister (Sweet but Psycho), a yearling, and a half brother (Canyoulovemeagain) a 2yo by Satono Aladdin. Both in NZ - I think the 2yo is with Chris Gibbs.

I was involved with a horse years ago, Back Pocket. Her offspring were Out of Pocket (we were) and Pocket Edition, which were clever names.