RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Trackside it's not getting better

Having to put up with the bare minimum is just not good enough. Race 5 from Riccarton has an inquiry, race finishes at around 3pm .. 3.20 next race from Tauranga is run etc, and still nothing from Rodley, Popplewell presenting from a cave given the muffed echos, or Emily in studio.

5 hours ago, Palliser said:

Having to put up with the bare minimum is just not good enough. Race 5 from Riccarton has an inquiry, race finishes at around 3pm .. 3.20 next race from Tauranga is run etc, and still nothing from Rodley, Popplewell presenting from a cave given the muffed echos, or Emily in studio.

If you haven't got anything nice about Trackside, then why do you watch it? 

I know the feeling - when you've had a bet and your days enjoyment depends on the result of an inquiry. 

Fair call in my opinion and good on ya for voicing concern, it should be an easy fix so hopefully they see this and connections can pick-up and improve. *cough* would a presenter/journalist on course fix this?

I hear on ZB this morning one of the sports commentators was quoting the numbers watching super rugby on tv was around 90 to 100 hundred thousand, that's not including streaming, I wonder what the breakdown is on pay tv and delayed, I wonder where and how they get these figures.

I wonder how many watch trackside, if its changed since going off free to air, how many stream off website, would be interesting.

Same could be said for audio since radio died, how  many listen to simulcast , saturday arvo on senz and those who use to listen to trackside that dont bother at all.

In the radio ratings radio sport had around 3% listeners, not many,  racing probably less again, not everyones in to watching or listening to sport, less racing.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:18 PM, Idolmite said:

3rd vs 4th? So the horse/jockey that finished third was protesting a horse/jockey that finished behind him?

Yeah, had it anchored for 4th in a first 4 , put in a protest on behalf of 4th and owned up to an infringement unseen by the stewards around the 500 mark, bit like Golf pros calling a rules breach on themselves.