RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

Lay Of The Day - 8 Week Comp - Results thread

A lull fills the valley,

a few still on their knees, but the gruffmeister continues his unbelievable run  of NO lives lost.   😯

Fred and Richie scrape thru with two excellent short pricers (actually my picks too, but I changed tact 🤣 )

Week 7 Results (one week to go)

We started with around 60 and 17 make it through to the final week - congrats to you all.

This week we lost Bazza, Archer, Rooster C, Mikenz, Kingsbeer and Charlie B (the latter two through inactivity).

Alan goes into the final week with a lead of 89 points.  Ohokaman lost his first life and dropped to 3rd.  Richie and Mempis were big movers up the table while Fredd and Crusty also had very good days.

Good luck to all in the final week - offer stands if you want to message your picks.

image.png.8166acb80ef918da1ca81709f092ae1c.png

I think I've only lost 3 lives, we have 4 dont we?

Dont matter anyway now, once  Lord Cosmos won that was it anyway.

An interesting concept though, someone will win, whoever that is  they will have done well.

Final Rounds picks

All remaining Jokers played this week.  Early races of interest are Hawera Race 2 where Alan has a joker play on The Stoney One and Rotorua Race 3 where a number of entrants have Aris Aris including a couple of joker.

Good luck all! (except those on Sinarahma as I've got that one in a few multis)

image.png.99cc313ebf66a78c450e28cfd3ae976f.png

Scooby with a nice tally today to climb into the top 10.

My earlier post overlooked Richie who has two short priced favourites to come.  He also needs Character to win for Alan and needs his two favourites beaten at an average dividend below $2.

image.png.6b2fc035ca5441c22e30b277edc8b9ac.png

Final Results

Congratulations to our winner Alan.   Hit the lead in week 2 and never looked back.  Slight stumble in week 6 to come back to the field but ran away with it in the end - never took the cautious approach (nice) - congratulations Alan.

SingaporeSling with a strong finish to jump from 8th to second in the final week and round out the prize getters.

Eight entrants eliminated today, and only nine make it through to the end.  Ohokaman completes the top 3 and Gruff has the honour of being the only entrant not to pick a winner (although he only took part in seven rounds).

Prizes:

Alan: $350 bet
SingaporeSling: $150 bet

One bet (win and/or place) with half of any collect kept by the winners and the other half recycled into future comps.  Message Scooby with your bets next week and post them on here.  Be sure to give Scooby enough notice.

Thanks all - over and out!

image.png.9849a3aeeefebc7cb62a0670f51dd82f.png

Well done Alan, a stellar effort - and again a big thanks to Say No More, who seems tireless, and to Scooby for his generosity.

Not sure about the next step, which means actually having to now find a winner - that may be a stretch and seems much harder than picking losers!.

cheers, Singapore Sling

Thanks say no more and scooby for running the comp and sorting the prizes was an awesome 8 weeks really appreciate the time and effort put into these. Now to turn my form around and pick a winner not a looser. Thank you to all other competitors who kept me on my toes Richie and I were 2nd and 3rd after week 1 and were first and second going into week 8 really enjoyed it