RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TimTimTimbo

I know Addington has a shitty start from a mile

But running a second quarter in 30 and change as embarrassing. 1:56 is way too slow for these horses. I guess I've been over here too long in the USA but they should be running the 1st half of miles over there in better than 56. Particularly on tracks like Ashburton and Winton, especially with the better class of horse. They have the right idea at Menangle and that is a perfect track for high speed but back there IMO, there needs to be more mile racing and there is no reason why some of the top horses cannot run in 1:50 at Ashburton or down south.  Granted that bigger fields there are suited to longer distances for the most part but I always thought it would be better for the sport if they had more mile racing that didn't have pedestrian 1st. halves.

I guess I am spoiled here when I see 3yo trotters running in 54-55 seconds for the 1st half mile routinely.

As I said that startin gpoint is awful but running that second quarter in 30 plus meant that Oscar Bonavena had no shot.  Had they run that in 28 or better, he wins for fun