RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Charlie Bukowski

Still no Stipes report ..

Obviously still trying the resolve the fall. It looked to me like both the leaders changed their line and closed the gap on the faller. The outside horse only seemed to move in slightly if you look at it in relation to the mown strip. The inside horse moved the most and closed the gap the faller was about to go through. Both jockeys would be in trouble I would say but probably Asano, I think it was, more so.

The stipes report from Trentham is FINALLY up on loveracing.nz,  was reading it earlier this morning. K Asano (BURGUNDY ROSE) - Admitted a charge of careless riding in that he permitted BURGUNDY ROSE to shift outwards when not sufficiently clear crowding SCOTCH which struck a heel near the 50 metres dislodging its rider. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee imposed a suspension of his licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Saturday 26 March until the conclusion of racing on Saturday 23 April, 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, MissJools said:

The stipes report from Trentham is FINALLY up on loveracing.nz,  was reading it earlier this morning. K Asano (BURGUNDY ROSE) - Admitted a charge of careless riding in that he permitted BURGUNDY ROSE to shift outwards when not sufficiently clear crowding SCOTCH which struck a heel near the 50 metres dislodging its rider. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee imposed a suspension of his licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Saturday 26 March until the conclusion of racing on Saturday 23 April, 4 weeks.

No both riders admitted shifting so both he and Kate Hercock were suspended for the same amount of time.

So both Asano and Hercock guilty of negligence. Both guilty of causing Sarah McNab to fall from Scotch denying Scotch from a placing and stake money.  It doesn't seem fair that the owner will face a bill of $840 from NZTR or will they waive this fee. Yeah right.

The owner should have some come back at these riders because NZTR will just take the fee from future stake money if the owner refuses to pay the fee. 

The main thing here is Sarah, I hope she is doing ok. Is there any news ?  For what it's worth both jockeys involved were on the track when Sarah was being attended to, and both were visibly shaken. Mistakes happen, but like I say the only thing that really matters at this stage is Sarah.

I understand that Sarah was taken to hospital and discharged and went home last night but no doubt battered and bruised. Palliser i agree that it is important that Sarah is ok but these are 2 senior riders who at the 100 metre mark were only thinking of themselves and the prize. They know what can happen when they ride negligently as they did and if they don't then they should not be licenced. I'm sure a drunk driver who has just killed somebody would also be visibly shaken. The only difference here is the drunk driver probably wasn't aware of what they were doing. i think both riders have got very light suspensions with no fines considering the negligence and disregard for other riders and horses. If you get the opportunity to watch again, the gap was huge but closed very quickly because neither rider attempted to straighten their horses. Lets hope that these riders learn for their mistakes and are now aware of what can happen.

Understand your frustration Tony.

Hope Sarah is Ok , she was getting carved up all day .

Hope she's ok for her Wedding next Saturday, thoughts are really with her in that respect also.

Yes Katie came in but Asano was the main culprit, from the rail to centre track without any attempt to straighten. If Kate gets 4 weeks , Kozzi should get 8 weeks.

I see Laking got 9 days for a brush while pushing out on a horse that wasn't going to figure in the finish , and a fine.

Allpress got 5 days on Stumpy for another brush, not great riding but suspensions surely not commensurate with the crimes.

Gotta say the stipes and system seem totally inept.

Injured Macnab upbeat with big day looming

By
 NZ Racing Desk
 - 

SARAH-MACNAB-RACE-IMAGES-PHOTO-PETER-RUB
Injured jockey Sarah Macnab is looking forward to her upcoming wedding. Photo: Peter Rubery (Race Images Palmerston North)

Multiple Group winning jockey Sarah Macnab is counting herself fortunate, despite suffering serious injuries in a race fall at Trentham.

Macnab hit the turf in an incident in the closing stages of Saturday’s Listed Lightning Handicap (1200m) when her mount Scotch clipped heels and fell.

The 22-year-old now faces up to six weeks on the side-line, but sees the situation as a glass half-full one with a major life event on her calendar to look forward to this weekend.

“It could have so much worse so I’m happy with the outcome, I was very lucky and I’m getting married on Saturday in Wanganui so that will keep me entertained,” Macnab said.

She will tie the knot with fellow jockey Sam O’Malley with the couple to make their home in Marton and the challenge of fitting her wedding dress with her injuries won’t be taking the smile off her face.

“It shouldn’t be too bad – I’ve dealt with a lot worse. I’m a bit sore, but that is to be expected. I was discharged from Upper Hutt Hospital on Saturday night,” Macnab said.

“I had to go back to Wanganui Hospital yesterday (Monday) for a double check-up and I’ve dislocated my shoulder and broken the top off the humorous.”

Macnab parted company with the Chrissy Bambry-trained Scotch in the Lightning 50 metres off the post when the five-year-old son of I Am Invincible was looming into contention and set to take a gap between Can I Get An Amen and Burgundy Rose.

Kate Hercock, who rode the winner Can I Get An Amen, admitted she allowed her mount to shift inward in the incident and was suspended on a careless riding charge until April 24.

Runner-up Burgundy Rose’s jockey Kozzi Asano also pleaded guilty to a careless riding charge in that he permitted Burgundy Rose to shift outwards when not sufficiently clear, crowding Scotch.

Asano, who was also suspended on Sunday, was outed for four weeks for the incident.

Macnab has been advised that her injuries are unlikely to require surgery.

“They want me in a sling for four weeks and then it should be okay. I’m hoping to be back in five to six weeks because, at this stage, I don’t need an operation as the bone is sitting where it should be,” she said.

Macnab has ridden 37 winners of more than $1 million in stakes this season, including the Gr.3 New Zealand Cup (3200m) aboard Mondorani for trainer Kevin Myers, with whom she served her apprenticeship, and the Gr.3 Gold Trail Stakes (1200m) aboard Bellacontte.

She also finished a close second in the Gr.1 Tarzino Trophy (1400m) with Spring Tide in her first ride at the highest level.

Macnab has ridden 157 winners so far in her career that was severely interrupted in 2018 when she sustained serious head injuries in a race fall at Woodville.

She is from a successful racing family and made an impact early on as an amateur rider and won the Duke of Gloucester Cup and the Flair Amateur Jockey Series while still at secondary school.

Macnab became the third member of her family to win the Cup, with grandfather David winning three while uncle Scott has also been successful in the coveted prize for amateur jockeys.