RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

The Race

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

After watchin the Boxseat preview, it's done nothin for my nerves 🤪 but, I reckon I'll stick to cheerin the mighty SouthCoastArden on Thurs, boy oh boy he and Treacherous have a job ahead of em....

Cheers Iraklis

Are you 'Crusin' for a the Aussie 'bruisin' from the second row Rakman ? That'll ease the nerves lol.... 

They're trying to make it a big night with entertaining betting options ( if I read David Branch right) but I would have liked to see some race incentives like the leader at the mile and for super fast half mile splits but I think the lure of $900K will make it a bit different from the usual Cambridge lead/trail scenario. 

Well guys its nearly here 😀 the big one is just around the corner now, I'm so fricken nervous for me favs, but that's ok I'll have a couple of medicinals and I should be right (or a total wreck) by the time The Race rolls round....all the best to the contestants, fight fair, touch gloves, lets get it onnnnnnnn....😆 woohoo!!!! go Team Kiwi Harness!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Well guys its nearly here 😀 the big one is just around the corner now, I'm so fricken nervous for me favs, but that's ok I'll have a couple of medicinals and I should be right (or a total wreck) by the time The Race rolls round....all the best to the contestants, fight fair, touch gloves, lets get it onnnnnnnn....😆 woohoo!!!! go Team Kiwi Harness!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Geez mate, the old Janitor feeling bit weary, hope I can stay awake until The Race. My picks: 

Spankem

Stylish Memphis

Self Assured

All the S's

Ooh yep little bit delicate this mornin so I'll be brief...now that was a race 😀 Self Assured what a horse! Majestic Cruiser friken bloody awesome, made ground when he had no right to! Spankem the usual honest little champ, South Coast Arden too much to do.....so great to hear the buzz of crowds, heaps of cheerin em home wowee Cambridge! too much you guys 👏 👍 why do you think hangovers were invented, can't see the need to be frank....

Cheers Iraklis

13 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Ooh yep little bit delicate this mornin so I'll be brief...now that was a race 😀 Self Assured what a horse! Majestic Cruiser friken bloody awesome, made ground when he had no right to! Spankem the usual honest little champ, South Coast Arden too much to do.....so great to hear the buzz of crowds, heaps of cheerin em home wowee Cambridge! too much you guys 👏 👍 why do you think hangovers were invented, can't see the need to be frank....

Cheers Iraklis

Good to hear from you mate, Been wondering where you were!! Need a shot of something this morning mate? 😊

Self Assured the best pacer in NZ and he proved it. Lightly raced and his best is ahead of him.

Majestic Cruiser, wow

Spankem was huge considering his lack of recent racing

Southcoast Ardern weak effort, beaten before the turn, battled bravely. Send him back to the All Stars. 

Ricky May?? What was he thinking? Mach Dan charged from the gate and May looked he wanted lead at any cost... then he pulls out. WTF? that stupid move changed the whole race. Mach Dan left parked, race over for him. I do not understand why May was given the drive? One of the strangest decisions I've seen in my 50+ years of harness racing fandom I give you the tip.

Can't wait for next year, mate.

Janitor mate, that's bit harsh for me fav SouthCoast, he did a power of work and he got worked over hard when goin round for the lead, he put up bloody good effort and stuck to it even when he was gone, certainly wouldn't call it weak effort at all....send him back to the AllStars give over 🤨

Cheers Iraklis

6 hours ago, lamour said:

Exactly.  Why would you give the drive to someone who has only won a premiership, over 3000 races, 7 New Zealand Cups plus most other group 1,s and over $33million?  Insanity 

Irrelevant in this case.May was the wrong choice for this race and track. I think they would have been better off with Herlihy,  Zac or David Butcher who know the track well. 

6 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Janitor mate, that's bit harsh for me fav SouthCoast, he did a power of work and he got worked over hard when goin round for the lead, he put up bloody good effort and stuck to it even when he was gone, certainly wouldn't call it weak effort at all....send him back to the AllStars give over 🤨

Cheers Iraklis

I don't think he did any more work than Majestic Cruiser or Self Assured. The first three home were a class above the rest most of them were beaten before the straight.. Southcoast Ardern wasn't the only horse that struggled, Alta Orlando was gone at the same time, Mach Dan poorly driven gone, Hot and Treacherous not classy enough, Stylish Memphis made ground but too far back last at home turn. I was disappointed that Trainor didn't push her at the start as he said would happen. Once he pulled back four on fence he had no chance. 

Self Assured will probably win it again next year if he is still around.

Oh come on Janitor, not only did he have to work hard to get around them (no drag up), but again to take the front, and then there was no let up; they only got past him 50 odd out reckon he'll be a bloody tired boy today....

Cheers Iraklis

14 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Oh come on Janitor, not only did he have to work hard to get around them (no drag up), but again to take the front, and then there was no let up; they only got past him 50 odd out reckon he'll be a bloody tired boy today....

Cheers Iraklis

I said he battled bravely, but they got past him at the straight entrance mate. Geez you must had a few! 🤣🤣

Aside from the first three the rest battled and held ground, none except Stylish Memphis ran on. 

What has happened to Krug? He never got into the race... he might need a spell?

Nah Janitor, should've said 100 out; just re-watched race heaps today, to see why they slapped MarkP for his whip use etc 😄 Krug got caught in the shuffle back then tried 3 wide he was gone burger long way out, that's why Majestic Cruiser had to go for home when he did.....me fav may not have done the job but I loved every minute of the race, it was a beaudee, wonder when we get another one?

Cheers Iraklis

59 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Nah Janitor, should've said 100 out; just re-watched race heaps today, to see why they slapped MarkP for his whip use etc 😄 Krug got caught in the shuffle back then tried 3 wide he was gone burger long way out, that's why Majestic Cruiser had to go for home when he did.....me fav may not have done the job but I loved every minute of the race, it was a beaudee, wonder when we get another one?

Cheers Iraklis

It was a huge run from Majestic Cruiser especially considering Grimson couldn't pull the removable earplugs because the cord broke. So he finished like a runaway freight train with earplugs still in... amazing

the Aussies are staying for the Auckland carnival. Majestic Cruiser should win at least one race during the carnival?

Yes, it was a great race.

Yeh Janitor, heard they were thinkin of stay around, it's bloody great to have em here for Auckland racin should make for interestin watchin, pretty sure Self Assured be at Auck too so they get a chance to have another crack at him; Majestic Cruiser wow, his run was enormous, shudder to think if those bloody plugs came out, hell he might of done another round for fun 😆

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh Janitor, heard they were thinkin of stay around, it's bloody great to have em here for Auckland racin should make for interestin watchin, pretty sure Self Assured be at Auck too so they get a chance to have another crack at him; Majestic Cruiser wow, his run was enormous, shudder to think if those bloody plugs came out, hell he might of done another round for fun 😆

Cheers Iraklis

Hey that's good news if the Cruiser hangs around for an Auckland Cup bid. Gammalite and I'mthemighty Quinn have taken Cups to Aussie before from the 'Wrong way round ' circuit.

I'm a bit Bruised that the 'Cruiser'😅 hadn't cruised past Marky Boy (Too good again the young son of Roy) so hopefully he (majestic Bruiser) can do some Iraklis Bruising Real soon !! 😉

Pure mate, yuh Ozzie bruiser nearly cruised it 😆 but Self Assured is summit else, my bruiser (SCA) got cruised, and I got bruised from to many Cruiser's (not my tipple of choice I might add) 🤣 Alex Park has been a happy hunting ground for Ozzies in the past, it's been awhile, but hey reckon the Coast and his mates will be apart of the Auckland romp, and who knows a Pure bruisin be handed down 🤗 

What did yuh think of the race though? nothin like seein the big bangers throwin down, loved every minute of it.....

Cheers Iraklis

Super race - first two wonderful, though Spankem did almost as much midway work as SCA and came home well. SCA disappointing by his previous efforts - certainly not "the beast" in this race ( to the mile in 42 is not that fast for even average horses). Krug surprised me - I gave him no show after his Aussie trip but 3 wide the last lap and he never gave it away up the straight. Disagree with the earlier comment re Jack T and Stylish Memphis - he did hold them all out from number 1 and only relented after the winning post first time. Mach Dan - agree with all on here re R May - yes wonderful driver in the past - but his style certainly no suited to this horse - he made a claim for the lead (he didn't even have the whip out) but an aggressive Aussie driver (or any of the Butchers) would have keep going instead of giving up after 150 m. Alta Orlando - just didn't seem to want to be there and  the Treacherous horse made up the numbers (maybe next year)

It was a great race and congrats to Cambridge. The future will depend on the financial shakedown. Happy days for the first 3 home sure but the rest a very expensive exercise. There is a locked in contract for 2 more years but is tricky if  slot holders pull out then wish to trade their slots. But lets stay positive, only hope that it gets even bigger in the future.  

On 4/15/2022 at 7:54 AM, Thejanitor said:

Good to hear from you mate, Been wondering where you were!! Need a shot of something this morning mate? 😊

Self Assured the best pacer in NZ and he proved it. Lightly raced and his best is ahead of him.

Majestic Cruiser, wow

Spankem was huge considering his lack of recent racing

Southcoast Ardern weak effort, beaten before the turn, battled bravely. Send him back to the All Stars. 

Ricky May?? What was he thinking? Mach Dan charged from the gate and May looked he wanted lead at any cost... then he pulls out. WTF? that stupid move changed the whole race. Mach Dan left parked, race over for him. I do not understand why May was given the drive? One of the strangest decisions I've seen in my 50+ years of harness racing fandom I give you the tip.

Can't wait for next year, mate.

Pretty much on the mark TJ. No disrespect to mango but SCA a four length better horse with All Stars and Nat. Cruiser had recently won at 2300 I think and would have won that at 2300. Astute drive by the young guy. Thought Self Assured could sit out and still win which he did. Spankem did as Spankem does. As for the also-rans, not really any excuses and let's face it, only three can fill the first three places. Good bit of innovation though. Let's hope the seven figure incentive can attract a top field next year.