RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Abernant

NOVERRE

Rip van w an amazing racehorse but from a somewhat under rated direct family in the UK. Others know more than I on that, just relaying what I was told. 
to my eye has some nice broodmare sire names in his pedigree.

nice 2000 guineas win in a weaker year than usual.

Not being facetious at all but three races and a break then four races on easy ground and broke down beyond repair. Do breeders consider this as possibly a weakness or do they look only at the Savabeel influence compared to, say, The Chosen One who lacks nothing on breeding either? Just asking.

Interesting comment. I think it ended up in hindsight being the price paid to get the necessary experience and fitness into a horse to get to the 2000 guineas  - and win. often the most educated and professional get the job done - and clearly the stable is good at that.

the race is in November remember, and can take its toll on a 3yold…It’s not easy.

But you would think he couldn't be more expensive than ZED at $6k. I was hoping someone with pedigrees knowledge would give insight.. Without promoting or knocking the horse, or do they only do that once runners on track proving there theory.

Some pretty stout bloodlines there…..3 wins including Group 1 2000 Guineas and G3 War Decree Stakes…plus 3 placings from 7 starts.

Ligament damage caused the retirement so we probably didn’t see the best of the $800,000 colt.

195ADCCE-0A94-4245-B880-2EE1B59D4389.png

2 hours ago, Blue said:

We hear it a lot " we probably didn't see the best of him". I tend to think we probably did see the best of him. He obviously couldn't stand up to any more racing as he was showing signs prior to the 2000 Gns.

Clearly he was a very talented horse, so his best was all in front of him if he stayed sound.