RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Copy That misses top honours in apparent HRNZ blunder - and bosses won’t even explain

How can a horse who won the most money, the most races and the New Zealand Trotting Cup not win the Horse of the Year title or at the very least the Pacer of the Year?

The only explanation is that Harness Racing New Zealand made an administrative blunder.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-that-misses-top-honours-in-apparent-hrnz-blunder-and-bosses-wont-even-explain/

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 12.27.16 PM.png

Shit, I got told it was bloody downright rude, to not reply to someones email even if it's just to acknowledge receipt of it; I mean are we not talkin about HRNZ our National governin/organisin body for Harness Racing? yeh nah, reckon, they owe an explanation and or sincere apology harrrrrd to Copy That's connections etc; geez, is this how far we have sunk? that we treat one of the few STARS (like we've got hundreds of em, NOT) of our sport left racin here in NZ? god forbid Copy's owners take him off shore as well (oh please Mr Butterworth etc don't do that).....it's too bloody bizarre. HRNZ this aint a great look; get on the blower and speak to Copy's connections, man up and sort it!

And speakin as a huge fan, how dare HRNZ treat the mighty Copy That like that...disgustin guys, bloody disgustin  😡

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Shit, I got told it was bloody downright rude, to not reply to someones email even if it's just to acknowledge receipt of it; I mean are we not talkin about HRNZ our National governin/organisin body for Harness Racing? yeh nah, reckon, they owe an explanation and or sincere apology harrrrrd to Copy That's connections etc; geez, is this how far we have sunk? that we treat one of the few STARS (like we've got hundreds of em, NOT) of our sport left racin here in NZ? god forbid Copy's owners take him off shore as well (oh please Mr Butterworth etc don't do that).....it's too bloody bizarre. HRNZ this aint a great look; get on the blower and speak to Copy's connections, man up and sort it!

And speakin as a huge fan, how dare HRNZ treat the mighty Copy That like that...disgustin guys, bloody disgustin  😡

Cheers Iraklis

I understand what you are saying mate. But I am quite happy with Bettor Twist getting Horse of the Year. I thought she was awesome, so powerful and strong. I think the hard three year old season has knocked her as she is not as sharp this season. Yet?

I didn't even think about Copy That until Mr Lichter's post appeared. It is a personal choice by those who get to vote and I am not one of them. Just my opinion, mate. 

I just find it ludicrous that the horse who won a NZ Cup and many more (15 for the season) didn't even get a look in, if you read the article you'll see he fit the criteria even includin new season etc, at the very least someone from HRNZ needs to clarify matters asap....just check out the following:

COPY THAT: 11121182531111129121413110

BETTOR TWIST: 44121111211211112213419

SUNDEES SON: 11511214211311131

Cheers Iraklis

Lamour mate, don't see why not? it's only fair to those involved that all genuine enquiries by email be answered....I'm not sayin any reply from HRNZ should be posted in the public eye but all enquiries of any nature should receive some kind of acknowledgement, I mean c'mon, people have a right to query things and as HRNZ are our governin body they should front with a reply, orrrr, is there a reason why they have gone to ground on it? got a bit of a dodgy feel about it....  🤨

45yrs mate, that absolutely sux!!!! and does anyone know what the secrecy thing is all about? and who are the voters?

Cheers Iraklis

23 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Lamour mate, don't see why not? it's only fair to those involved that all genuine enquiries by email be answered....I'm not sayin any reply from HRNZ should be posted in the public eye but all enquiries of any nature should receive some kind of acknowledgement, I mean c'mon, people have a right to query things and as HRNZ are our governin body they should front with a reply, orrrr, is there a reason why they have gone to ground on it? got a bit of a dodgy feel about it....  🤨

45yrs mate, that absolutely sux!!!! and does anyone know what the secrecy thing is all about? and who are the voters?

Cheers Iraklis

I think the media do the voting mate?

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

When you say media Janitor mate, are we talking purely Newspaps? or does that include TV, Radio etc etc....

Cheers Iraklis

all media I think. Geurin gets a vote and Greg. I am not sure to be honest. Someone wise like JJ will know?

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

I just find it ludicrous that the horse who won a NZ Cup and many more (15 for the season) didn't even get a look in, if you read the article you'll see he fit the criteria even includin new season etc, at the very least someone from HRNZ needs to clarify matters asap....just check out the following:

COPY THAT: 11121182531111129121413110

BETTOR TWIST: 44121111211211112213419

SUNDEES SON: 11511214211311131

Cheers Iraklis

No disrespect my old mate but the above figures are not the whole story. Sundees Son has the best form line and performance. Bettor Twist as good if not better than Copy That. The media and those voting never said anything about Copy That? I presume they vote for a selection of horses? If Copy That wasn't among them and the likes of Guerin didn't say anything...??? Strange case mate, I give you the tip??? That doesn't alter the fact that I think Bettors Twist deserved it in my opinion of course mate!

Yeh I get where your thoughts lie Janitor mate, I don't blame yuh either BettorTwist is mighty mare, however, the numbers do go some way in the story he (CT) banked $778,598 from his busy racing schedule above, yuh don't do that if your a slouch. And that's the point, no one knows if Copy That was among those to be voted for? and no one, from those in the know can find out any info from HRNZ. Hence the article written. Mate he won a NZ Cup fair and square, it's gotta count for summit.

Cheers Iraklis

BettorTwist better than the Copy.....nah not for me 😀

16 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh I get where your thoughts lie Janitor mate, I don't blame yuh either BettorTwist is mighty mare, however, the numbers do go some way in the story he (CT) banked $778,598 from his busy racing schedule above, yuh don't do that if your a slouch. And that's the point, no one knows if Copy That was among those to be voted for? and no one, from those in the know can find out any info from HRNZ. Hence the article written. Mate he won a NZ Cup fair and square, it's gotta count for summit.

Cheers Iraklis

BettorTwist better than the Copy.....nah not for me 😀

One of the weakest Cup fields and Copy That given an easy jog in front. Best two rivals both drew badly too. 

i would rank then Bettor's Twist and Sundee's Sun, equal footing, Copy That next up.

Those form lines of the cream of the crop are all so damned impressive especially for us mere mortals that look forward to something like 456789003199 etc. get the point  year after year ,decade after decade .lol.but seriously the extended season seems to be too much for some of our so called leaders. I don't think the owners of the picket line form  are particularly concerned re. awards but it does say more about HRNZ, thanks Mr Lichter