RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Say No More (John’s) Charity – Sisters of Compassion Wellington Soup Kitchen.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Many thanks to Pondy for doing this and to everyone who was generous enough to donate I am sure more than a few people won't be going hungry for the next wee while anyway...I would hope that we could think of others more often than we to those who have for one reason or another fallen on hard times..I believe always what you give to others comes back 1o fold in other ways...but thats just me.

Absolutely agree Scooby - one of my Mum's favourite quotes (or bible verses) was "you reap what you sow".

Thanks to all who donated (and Paul for organising) - we ended up sending $1,750 to the Soup Kitchen on Monday.   Haven't heard back from them yet - I'm guessing they don't have a lot of back office resource (probably volunteers) to respond to emails/donations - but I know the money will be put to good use.

Apologies for not confirming this sooner.   Thanks to Paul's organisation and the generosity of Scooby and a number of others on this site, we ended up donating $1,750 to the Sisters of Compassion Soup Kitchen - photo of the receipt below.

This receipt will generate a tax credit of nearly $600 which we will in turn donate to a couple of charities - half to the Soup Kitchen again, and the other half to a charitable trust that works to aid the preservation and rehabilitation of native birds, and particularly the Mohua in the South Island.  Interesting thing I didn't know until recently - the Mohua is the bird that appears on our $100 note, and was Bird Of The Year in 2013.

Along with the receipt, the Sisters of Compassion sent a letter thanking us for the donation, which finished with a very nice:

May God bless you and protect you.
Ma te Atua koe e manaaki, e tiaki hoki.

Hopefully he/she might send a winner or two our way as well :)

image.png.bf536af220ad5fddfeb23867ae46a30e.png

5 hours ago, say no more said:

Apologies for not confirming this sooner.   Thanks to Paul's organisation and the generosity of Scooby and a number of others on this site, we ended up donating $1,750 to the Sisters of Compassion Soup Kitchen - photo of the receipt below.

This receipt will generate a tax credit of nearly $600 which we will in turn donate to a couple of charities - half to the Soup Kitchen again, and the other half to a charitable trust that works to aid the preservation and rehabilitation of native birds, and particularly the Mohua in the South Island.  Interesting thing I didn't know until recently - the Mohua is the bird that appears on our $100 note, and was Bird Of The Year in 2013.

Along with the receipt, the Sisters of Compassion sent a letter thanking us for the donation, which finished with a very nice:

May God bless you and protect you.
Ma te Atua koe e manaaki, e tiaki hoki.

Hopefully he/she might send a winner or two our way as well :)

image.png.bf536af220ad5fddfeb23867ae46a30e.png

Great to see we made some difference in some lives...thanks to you John and Paul and to everyone who contributed...thats a good amount for us to aim to beat next time we find a worthy charity to support...👏