RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Say No More (John’s) Charity – Sisters of Compassion Wellington Soup Kitchen.

A couple of weeks ago, Scooby gifted John a $50 bet for running our comps. John eventually accepted but said he would donate any winnings to a charity who does an amazing job – Sisters of Compassion Wellington Soup Kitchen.

His bet Argentia didn’t get cup. It ran 2nd which would have been a good result based on the competition format from the weekend, but unfortunately 2nd wasn’t good enough on this occasion.

So while The Sisters of Compassion didn’t benefit on that occasion, here’s an opportunity to ensure they do.

After running our comps for 2 years, I know the considerable amount of time and effort that needs to be put in to run these for our enjoyment…. and often frustration and angst at pickings winners when they should be losers and vice-versa.!!

These comps have always been free to enter, so to all out there how about a donation (no matter how small) that I will collect and pass on to John as recognition for the amazing job that he does for us, for him to pass on to the Sisters of Compassion.

I give you my word and absolute guarantee that all money received will be passed on.

P A Phillips

06-0589-0110076-10 

(totally up to you whether you put your Racecafe Sign-In name in the payment details)

Thank You everyone

Paul (Ponderosa8)

Thanks to Paul & Scooby and the others who have donated to this cause - very much appreciated.  If you have a look at their website (link below) you'll see on the Donation page that a donation of $200 supports a meal for 80 people.  Looks like we'll be helping to feed 80 people for a few nights.

Also check out this week's comp - entry thread up later this evening - Scooby has offered that the 50% of any collect from the winner's bet, that would normally go back into comps, be donated to the Soup Kitchen.  

https://soupkitchen.org.nz/

A nice video on the link too.

So far 8 people have donated for a total of $510.... thank you.

Say No More has again volunteered his time for another competition this weekend and Scooby has also put up the prize.... which we've mentioned before is free to enter.

Instead of making a deposit of $100 (for e.g.,) into your TAB account this weekend, how about making a slightly smaller deposit there and deposit the rest into bank account number:

06-0589-0110076-10 (P A Phillips)

I'm sure we all get to eat 7 meals a week so wouldn't it be heart-warming if we managed to feed everyone at the Soup Kitchen for 7 meals too...

So please show them the compassion of the Racecafe people and aim for a total of $1,400...

I look forward to being kept awake all night when the Banking app on my phone sends me an audible notification of a new deposit into the account...😴

1 hour ago, Basil brush said:

O.K. How many of us old codgers are trying to garner a few brownie points🤣

Good call Basil - the charity was founded by Suzanne Aubert who is in line to become NZ's first saint (although I'm sure that Aussie one was a Kiwi?).  Might not be a bad investment

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

11 donations so far for a total of $1,130.

Fantastic but keep them coming please..

Whilst $1130 is a nice total, it is only from eleven people!

Come on everyone else especially those who enjoy participating in the free competitions scored by John (Say No More). 
It’s a great cause. 

Yes it would be good to see more donate as we have close to a hundred on many weeks entering the comps...surely a spare coin or two would not be missed for many...you never know when you could need services like this and its not nice to fall on hard times and have nothing.

Hi All,

Insider gifted Say No More a $50 bet for running our comps, so he put the $50 on Aspen Colorado to run a place in the Oaks.  It duly obliged so that gave another $195 into The Sisters of Compassion Soup Kitchen. So the total is now up to $1,325.

For the "Hit the Bullseye" Comp on the weekend, Sayer won a $200 bet coming up this weekend with Goodison winning a $50 bet. As mentioned in the entry thread for that comp, 50% of any winnings to be retained by them while the other 50% will go towards the Soup Kitchen.

Scooby also gifted Say No More another $50 bet.

So after their WINNING bets on the weekend coming, we will then close off the thread and I will arrange for all money received to be passed over to Say No More for giving to the Sisters of Compassion.

While the initial aim was for $1,400 to feed 80 people a meal for 1 week, wouldn't it be great if we actually got to $2,000. So come everyone one last push, no donation is too small.. a $10 donation is 10 dollars more than nothing and 10 dollars more to the tally.

.....and then I'll stop dragging a dead horse

Thanks everyone

Paul (Ponderosa8)

You may have read on a different thread about Sayer's generiosity.

Instead of having a bet at the TAB with his $200 from winning the Bulleyes Comp over the weekend, he decided to just donate it straight to the Soup Kitchen.... a wonderful gesture..

So with a couple of other donations, the tally is now up to $1,655...

Hi All,

Over the last week, the only donation to the tally was the $39 from the collect off Polly Grey as mentioned above by Scooby.

Goodison won a $50 bet for his part in winning the Bullseye comp from last weekend of which 50% of any winnings were to go to the tally, but he didnt have the bet yesterday unfortunately.

So the grand total came to $1,694 which was higher than the initial target of $1,400 but lower than the "hoped for" target of $2,000.

I will be arranging for that to be transferred to Say No More's bank account tonight.... so its not too late if anyone wants to make a last minute donation.

To everyone who donated, thanks🤩.

To everyone who didn't donate, thanks for nothing😒

Regards

Ponderosa (Paul)

Many thanks to Pondy for doing this and to everyone who was generous enough to donate I am sure more than a few people won't be going hungry for the next wee while anyway...I would hope that we could think of others more often than we to those who have for one reason or another fallen on hard times..I believe always what you give to others comes back 1o fold in other ways...but thats just me.