RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Excessive use of penalty's

Severe suspensions and fines .

M Cameron (LICKETY SPLIT) - Admitted a charge of using the whip in three consecutive strides followed by a further four consecutive strides after a pause of one stride on his mount LICKETY SPLIT inside the 100 metres. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee suspended M Cameron’s licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Saturday 26 March up to and including racing on Saturday 9 April, 8 national riding days and imposed a fine of $3,500  . 

J Parkes (SOUND) - Admitted a charge of excessive use of the whip in that he struck his mount SOUND six times prior to the 100 metre mark. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee imposed a fine of $1,000.

E Nicholas (HIT THE ROAD JACK) - Admitted a charge in that she struck her mount HIT THE ROAD JACK eight times prior to the 100 metre mark. After considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee suspended E Nicholas’ licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Wednesday 23 March up to and including racing on Wednesday 6 April, 7 national riding days.

Now these races pay back to 10th , nothing more frustrating for an owner seeing his horse cruze into 11th , these riders are competitors and deserve better  . As time goes on there will be plenty of older horses realizing they no longer have to try , this is over the top .

It gets worse , x love racing article .

Lickety Split scores gutsy Group One triumph.

Clearly headed shortly afterwards by Dynastic, Lickety Split refused to give in as she fought back to defeat the favourite by a nose, who held out stablemate Maven Belle by a head for second, with Desert Lightning charging home from last to finish close-up in fourth.

"Clearly headed" ,its obvious without Camerons strong ride the horse would have been beaten ,. $3500 fine for doing his job well that's crazy .

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

It gets worse , x love racing article .

Lickety Split scores gutsy Group One triumph.

Clearly headed shortly afterwards by Dynastic, Lickety Split refused to give in as she fought back to defeat the favourite by a nose, who held out stablemate Maven Belle by a head for second, with Desert Lightning charging home from last to finish close-up in fourth.

"Clearly headed" ,its obvious without Camerons strong ride the horse would have been beaten ,. $3500 fine for doing his job well that's crazy .

I dont agree with the rule BUT how long before someone who loses by a short margin in a big race lodges an objection ..that would be interesting because actually the rider broke the rules to win the race...its possible to happen and this is what happens when things are left to interpretation ...just my two cents worth.

39 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

BUT how long before someone who loses by a short margin in a big race lodges an objection .

Not if but when and will no doubt be an overseas case first to set a precedent for RIB to follow

I know it's different strokes for differen folks but wathed a non-descript race from Aussie yesterday when the jockey used the whip every stride down the straight- never let up for a second. Horse was three lengths in front on straightening and won by 7.

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

It's just a shocker that you can win a big race like that or any race for that matter by cheating and still keep the win.

Cheating, RUBBISH it's a stupid rule driven by  social media . My grand daughter  was tasked with a assignment on the evils of grey hound racing (i hate dog racing) anyway she told me how bad it was until so I asked her where she was getting her information from , SOCIAL MEDIA yes that's what's driving this madness social media . I asked her , If animals are treated so badly how could you possibly expect them to perform , animals must be in peak condition if they are going to perform , they must be fed  the best and maintained with passion , if not treated correctly it's not possible to win (good point grandad she said) . Now back to LICKERTY SPLIT it was asked for an extra effort and it obliged and no doubt it will have gone home to luxury treatment and will perform well again , no damage done and a heap of cash in the bin  , on the other hand HUMANS are killing each other around the clock in Ukraine , the horse has a better deal .

On 3/15/2022 at 9:43 AM, shaneMcAlister said:

I can't understand why we must have the same track ratings as Australia yet we don't have the same corrrective aid (whip) rule as Australia.  That is no limit inside the final 100.

If that's true then it's time the Jockeys and trainers had a chat with the rule makers ,  Ausse rules should be followed when so much of our racing profits are dependant on Australian punters  .