RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Keneperu

The "Praying Mantis" suspened again

But is it constructive advice if it has a strain of criticism to it and it is widely repeated on a public social media site.

I've watched a fair few  Harness races and videos and form opinion of the various skills and traits of the participants.

The lad in question here I see as bright , cheerful , popular participant who has handled the pressure of driving , even in Group races pretty well.

Obviously he has great support from his family ,owners and others in the Industry.

In general I'd say he is a real asset to attracting young folk to the industry and a credit to it. A star of the future  !

If I felt peeved enough to criticise him I'd go to those close to him with my concerns and if I was concerned about his actions causing harm to others via accidents I would speak more directly and personally to those around him . The personal approach usually ensures direct actions/changes/improvements.

The stipes and Industry heads are there to enforce rules etc.

So if anyone has genuine concerns then I'd suggest a different approach , and step behind the veil of anonymity and state your name at least .

7 hours ago, tasman man said:

But is it constructive advice if it has a strain of criticism to it and it is widely repeated on a public social media site.

I've watched a fair few  Harness races and videos and form opinion of the various skills and traits of the participants.

The lad in question here I see as bright , cheerful , popular participant who has handled the pressure of driving , even in Group races pretty well.

Obviously he has great support from his family ,owners and others in the Industry.

In general I'd say he is a real asset to attracting young folk to the industry and a credit to it. A star of the future  !

If I felt peeved enough to criticise him I'd go to those close to him with my concerns and if I was concerned about his actions causing harm to others via accidents I would speak more directly and personally to those around him . The personal approach usually ensures direct actions/changes/improvements.

The stipes and Industry heads are there to enforce rules etc.

So if anyone has genuine concerns then I'd suggest a different approach , and step behind the veil of anonymity and state your name at least .

Some of what you say is fair enough but what is stating ones name have to do with it? 

Does not matter who is saying it as long as it is taken on board.

I don't care who you are, no matter what you have to say.

14 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

I don’t think it is relevant how many winners I have driven, but since you asked and you say I go on, then I will.

I have driven winners and lots of races and have been in the game a long time, hence my name tag.

I was driving when there was a lot of competition, so juniors did not get the opportunities they get today.

The fields were a lot bigger, always full fields up to 18 horses; there was a running rail and no passing lane.

The rules were a lot different like the push out rule, whip rules etc.

I’m telling you this because you question if my advice is coming from a valid source, I believe I know a fair bit of what I am talking about.

The bottom line here is, I’m trying to help and give some constrictive advice.

But if his parents can’t accept constructive advice from others then I feel sorry for him, but I can understand having a son of my own, we do mollycoddle them.

In that case you'd be better, in my opinion, to introduce yourself and offer your advice and assistance (which may or may not be accepted) instead of anonymously nutting off on the Internet. It doesn't read like 'constructive criticism' to me. Merely attack after attack. 

12 hours ago, Idolmite said:

In that case you'd be better, in my opinion, to introduce yourself and offer your advice and assistance (which may or may not be accepted) instead of anonymously nutting off on the Internet. It doesn't read like 'constructive criticism' to me. Merely attack after attack. 

Introducing myself will not achieve anything, all that will do is give ammunition to detour people from the facts, and that is, the boy needs to listen to someone.

That goes for any young driver that wants to do better and learn.

Baxter - what a drive - always said he was a good driver 🤣. But credit where it is due - seen that horse fly to bits several times from the same possie (in the trail) because of rough hands and he certainly was a lot quieter in the cart today and his hands weren't calling for a cab all the way down the straight. Thought their whole team went well today without much luck rather than the usual driver error. Keep up the good work Ben. 

On 3/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Keneperu said:

How many more horses will he knock over before he gets a permanent holiday.  Young Hope reins going everywhere knocks Williamson Cantfind abettor man for 6. Hes just come off a holidayfor the same thing. Be interesting to see if any action taken. (I see he got 4 days)

He's  a decent young fella but those reins flying around his head not good. The "praying mantis" or stick man i call him but in a nice way! Surely a senior reinsman should take him under his wing and help him because one day he is going to cause a serious accident

Surely it's retirement time after that display - knocking out Kohli trouble - he has absolutely no control of his horses - did the praying mantis drive on Michael Caine earlier in the day - legs and arms flapping all over the place with no control of the horse

Great drive today from the "praying mantis". Mossdale Mac. Watch the head on up the passing lane. Funny as🙁🙁🙁. Bloody sad really and yes correct no control looking around and took a few out in later race.

Wonder if our stipes took any action?

On 3/23/2022 at 4:11 PM, Nina Hope said:

Check the last start stats of those horses Spike city???

If I am ever hacked off with someone I will tell them…or I’ll have a bitch to a mate and then I will let it go. 

You however hide nameless and keep coming back to throw some more shit comments every chance you get???  You are small minded, gutless, ignorant and a coward Spikecity…

Orders of favouritism for 9 drives yesterday - 1 3rd placing - at least it boosts other horses odds. This is not throwing shit - reality

3/1

14/13

2/2

2/2

4/4

2/2

1/1

11/10

1/2

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Orders of favouritism for 9 drives yesterday - 1 3rd placing - at least it boosts other horses odds. This is not throwing shit - reality

3/1

14/13

2/2

2/2

4/4

2/2

1/1

11/10

1/2

For goodness sake man. This thread died a natural death over 12 months ago. Have you really been watching every one of the young man's drives for over a year, writing them all down, monitoring and collating the results, just waiting for him to have an "off day" thus giving you a chance to revive it? You poor sad soul. You really do need to find another hobby. Like watching paint dry or watching the grass grow, for example. Both would happen and give you a result more quickly than this task has over the last 12 months *shakes head*

EDIT; in fact, the post you replied to is over 18 months old. Is this really what you do with your life?

He has done a really good job driving Muscle Mountain IMHO.  Passionate about the industry.  His overall driving stats are good.  Along with many others he makes a valuable contribution to our industry.