RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Keneperu

The "Praying Mantis" suspened again

How many more horses will he knock over before he gets a permanent holiday.  Young Hope reins going everywhere knocks Williamson Cantfind abettor man for 6. Hes just come off a holidayfor the same thing. Be interesting to see if any action taken. (I see he got 4 days)

He's  a decent young fella but those reins flying around his head not good. The "praying mantis" or stick man i call him but in a nice way! Surely a senior reinsman should take him under his wing and help him because one day he is going to cause a serious accident

18 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I heard a few have tried but obviously not successfully

Glad someone else has noted this, he has been around long enough, had enough wins, and drives, you would think by now he would have got better.

All the same, it took David Butcher, Peter Ferguson and Mark Purdon a few seasons to actually start being good drivers, same as Ben, they had the horses that made them look better than what they were.

2 hours ago, Keneperu said:

Seems now you do the "crime" then you choose when you start the "time".

HRNZ fast losing credability?

Could be wrong but dont think the fields were out for Friday Addington when the "praying mantis" knocked one over last Saturday.

I asked this question and got a reply from the Stipes, there is a 7 day deferment rule, I can't copy e-mail as would be breaking privacy rule.

Apparently it is there to stop frivolous Appeals. I can't find anything in the rules so not sure if this is one of there own recommendations or if it is actually a rule.

All the same, he gets to drive in 8 races before his suspension starts. Don't like seeing the young ones get penalized to much, but 3 suspensions in two months. ?

11 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Will get another holiday for squeezing Tim Williams - absolutely hopeless - get on these Hope horses while he is out

Yes another holiday. Sure creating chaos on the track.

11 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Will get another holiday for squeezing Tim Williams - absolutely hopeless - get on these Hope horses while he is out

Thanks 45 years. Had to be some reason and yes 3 suspensions in a very short time. Bit of a worry!

On 3/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Keneperu said:

How many more horses will he knock over before he gets a permanent holiday.  Young Hope reins going everywhere knocks Williamson Cantfind abettor man for 6. Hes just come off a holidayfor the same thing. Be interesting to see if any action taken. (I see he got 4 days)

He's  a decent young fella but those reins flying around his head not good. The "praying mantis" or stick man i call him but in a nice way! Surely a senior reinsman should take him under his wing and help him because one day he is going to cause a serious accident

How long are you allowed to hang your leg down, Baxter, he had his leg down the whole length of the straight.

Another bad habit this lad has is following to close, I've seen many driver flick their head when he is following them.

Someone needs to have a talk to him before he causes some major damage, as he's not getting better.

16 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

In gallops , jockeys get stood down and referred to the Riding Master ala Sam Wynne , who hasn't been seen on track since and the Khetoo kid who was pretty pretty bad at Ascot Park.

Maybe kid needs to swallow some pride and talk to his mentors.

When he is suspended, look who they put on the horses, Ricky May, Blair Orange, John Dunn, Mathew Williamson etc, I'm sure anyone of these drivers would be worth listening to.

Check the last start stats of those horses Spike city???

If I am ever hacked off with someone I will tell them…or I’ll have a bitch to a mate and then I will let it go. 

You however hide nameless and keep coming back to throw some more shit comments every chance you get???  You are small minded, gutless, ignorant and a coward Spikecity…

Hi there Nina, I think those comments are bit harsh towards Spike; hey, Ben was suspended for gettin summit wrong, it's not like he was suspended for no reason for what happened, I guess Spike is bit gutted at what happened and felt the need to post as he did....punters, from what I've experienced get bloody rattled when summit happens to the horse carryin their hopes and dreams so to speak 😀

Cheers Iraklis

5 hours ago, Nina Hope said:

Check the last start stats of those horses Spike city???

If I am ever hacked off with someone I will tell them…or I’ll have a bitch to a mate and then I will let it go. 

You however hide nameless and keep coming back to throw some more shit comments every chance you get???  You are small minded, gutless, ignorant and a coward Spikecity…

I think you need to concentrate on teaching Ben or getting him some advice from other drivers, I think he has been around long enough to be one of our top drivers, yet......

Could you talk to him about how close he trails on the drivers head in front of him , I have seen many times the driver in front of him throw their head back because he is climbing over them, Jack Ryan was a good example, have a look and see Nathalie getting annoyed, at the same time look where all the other horses are as far as following distance. Could cause a major accident one day.

And get him to straighten his arms, hold the rains up a bit further, Muscle Mountain was a good example of him having them to far back, and how can you pull a horse back to you while your leg is hanging down.

These issues need to be address if he wants to go to the top.

7 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

I think you need to concentrate on teaching Ben or getting him some advice from other drivers, I think he has been around long enough to be one of our top drivers, yet......

Could you talk to him about how close he trails on the drivers head in front of him , I have seen many times the driver in front of him throw their head back because he is climbing over them, Jack Ryan was a good example, have a look and see Nathalie getting annoyed, at the same time look where all the other horses are as far as following distance. Could cause a major accident one day.

And get him to straighten his arms, hold the rains up a bit further, Muscle Mountain was a good example of him having them to far back, and how can you pull a horse back to you while your leg is hanging down.

These issues need to be address if he wants to go to the top.

You do go on, don't you. Extremely repetitive. 

Just as a matter of interest; how many winners have you driven?

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

You do go on, don't you. Extremely repetitive. 

Just as a matter of interest; how many winners have you driven?

I don’t think it is relevant how many winners I have driven, but since you asked and you say I go on, then I will.

I have driven winners and lots of races and have been in the game a long time, hence my name tag.

I was driving when there was a lot of competition, so juniors did not get the opportunities they get today.

The fields were a lot bigger, always full fields up to 18 horses; there was a running rail and no passing lane.

The rules were a lot different like the push out rule, whip rules etc.

I’m telling you this because you question if my advice is coming from a valid source, I believe I know a fair bit of what I am talking about.

The bottom line here is, I’m trying to help and give some constrictive advice.

But if his parents can’t accept constructive advice from others then I feel sorry for him, but I can understand having a son of my own, we do mollycoddle them.