RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Shoot the presenter

15 hours ago, Hall said:

OMG you ugly misogynist person  my language could be quite gross and uncouth but I am a well educated and a well informed person,.

Who gave you the right to criticise what training have you had in this industry I know this person and she has a great knowledge of the horse industry. 

As far  as I am concern you certainly dont qualify to ridicule anyone what is your profession I am gobsmacked at this thread 

Berri thinks he is an expert on all subjects so don't waste time on him Hall- you'll only end up stooping to his low level IMO

Don't need to apologise. Made an observation that most would agree with. Anyone who has been watching my comments on Trackside presentation over the last ten years will see a common thread and they do agree with most of these comments. Even this thread proves it. 

This event was simply a continuation of that thread of thought. The industry is in the shit because the basics aren't being done well and need to be. It's not a matter of knowing everything because no one does, but there are common threads in respect of why this industry is in such a mess and I don't see many flash comments that could be construed as being constructive. I will not be one of those that isn't vocal, or caught up in some mamby pamby PC let's not have a winner so that we don't offend the others, type of person. People have to get a back bone to call things as they are. We have to become relevant so what does that look like? What do we need to rely on, or what should reasonable expectation be, in relation to media? That is the core of this thread.

3 hours ago, Berri said:

Don't need to apologise. Made an observation that most would agree with. Anyone who has been watching my comments on Trackside presentation over the last ten years will see a common thread and they do agree with most of these comments. Even this thread proves it. 

This event was simply a continuation of that thread of thought. The industry is in the shit because the basics aren't being done well and need to be. It's not a matter of knowing everything because no one does, but there are common threads in respect of why this industry is in such a mess and I don't see many flash comments that could be construed as being constructive. I will not be one of those that isn't vocal, or caught up in some mamby pamby PC let's not have a winner so that we don't offend the others, type of person. People have to get a back bone to call things as they are. We have to become relevant so what does that look like? What do we need to rely on, or what should reasonable expectation be, in relation to media? That is the core of this thread.

I think you should be apologising for suggesting she be shot

Yes .. have to agree there is an absence of decent presenters overall. I wonder whether they get the proper training to be fair. Also unfair to pick on Phillipa really, long standing presenters like Rodley still stammers, stutters and giggles like an excited kid, Sweeney sighing and ruffling papers all the time. I must say that Phillipa needs to give up trying to commentate on the dogs, she's actually worse than Rosanowski lols. I think Popplewell is pretty good, but like someone said none of them are perfect and each annoy in some way, some more than others. I mute Rosanowski for instance both presenting and commentating, he loses his audience with his verbal you know what. Pretty poor what is dished up for us, after all we pay to watch Trackside .. they seem to have nothing to offer. I hear they are doing a Trackside soundtrack, noticed a lot of interludes filled with music now sigh.

38 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

I think you should be apologising for suggesting she be shot

Oh come on....if you really think I literally meant that the person needed to be shot you're jumping over Beeches Brook blindfolded.  Be sensible....that's as bad as calling me a misogynist....

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Oh come on....if you really think I literally meant that the person needed to be shot you're jumping over Beeches Brook blindfolded.  Be sensible....that's as bad as calling me a misogynist....

That's what you wrote.. is that the only part you wrote that you did not actually mean?

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Has this become a thread discussing the plights of Kiwi women?

Stick to the topic.

No one seems to go on the sports forums so I thought I'd just drop that in here aye, some of the females I believe they believe are better than perhaps they are, I'm not knocking them, they do get a lot of media coverage though and I have to admit some of the womens cricket has been very good  but apart from netball we ain't excelling in many team events

But it is what is I guess but I have said before the hype over the netball and the knighting of a coach who  really saw a team win a couple of the key matches was a bit of overkill, no mean achievement, granted but knighthoods go to exceptional people achieving exceptional things over a long time.

Maybe if it happened another time or two then that's exceptional but just to change course the Sir  title given to the ageing mayor of Invercargill possibly proves any pillock could get one, in this hyped up world we seem to be in.

6 hours ago, Berri said:

I actually thought you were a better man than that you said disparaging things about the girl and you cant even own it and say sorry...disappointing...she cant help the way she has to talk...and for you call her out about that and her voice deserves an apology...maybe I am old school...criticize her for not doing a good job if thats what you think but why the need to attack her personally???

What I couldn't work out is Pip Morris is a Greyhound person. No issues with that but why is she presenting Australian galloping races? So we have all these gallop people presenters and yes they have there regions but surely one can do Australia with some knowledge? And I understand covid may be the issue but just say if it is and let us work out our own opinions.

There are limited resources online to learn about NZ Racing and a few characters on racecafe jeopardise the game.  How so? Young kiwis are punching keywords into search engines looking to learn more about NZ Racing, they stumble across these forum boards and immediately think they're inadequate & not the right fit.  My suggestion - racecafe needs a private sub category for long standing members & participants to discuss topical manners behind public eye, we can't have someone who actively owns and races horses throwing haymakers at potential investors

Berri , before you start slagging off Presenters , learn how to spell properly pal.

It must be a tough gig dealing with approx 400 horse/dog names in a 4/5 hour shift.

Your comments resonate of someone who Trackside have taken no notice over many years.

Get that spelling right first old son before anyone takes you seriously.

14 hours ago, mikenz said:

No one seems to go on the sports forums so I thought I'd just drop that in here aye, some of the females I believe they believe are better than perhaps they are, I'm not knocking them, they do get a lot of media coverage though and I have to admit some of the womens cricket has been very good  but apart from netball we ain't excelling in many team events

But it is what is I guess but I have said before the hype over the netball and the knighting of a coach who  really saw a team win a couple of the key matches was a bit of overkill, no mean achievement, granted but knighthoods go to exceptional people achieving exceptional things over a long time.

Maybe if it happened another time or two then that's exceptional but just to change course the Sir  title given to the ageing mayor of Invercargill possibly proves any pillock could get one, in this hyped up world we seem to be in.

Knighthoods, damehoods or whatever it is, probably knights for males dame for fems lol, just think I'd clarify that.

Gee I might get one for my service to the TAB.

On 3/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, Hall said:

OMG you ugly misogynist person  my language could be quite gross and uncouth but I am a well educated and a well informed person,.

Who gave you the right to criticise what training have you had in this industry I know this person and she has a great knowledge of the horse industry. 

As far  as I am concern you certainly dont qualify to ridicule anyone what is your profession I am gobsmacked at this thread 

Pull your head in. 40 years ago Berri probably had more global knowledge and experience of the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries than the entire current Trackside presenting team.

18 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Pull your head in. 40 years ago Berri probably had more global knowledge and experience of the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries than the entire current Trackside presenting team.

So does that give him the right to personally criticise the girl...criticise her job by why her personally...I am sure even you would agree thats not right...or maybe not.🤔

Suggestion..What about Trackside asking Steve McKee to do some work for them.He is well spoken, knows the industry backwards, he has owned horses trained in the SI, so would know the form from there.

He was won many racing quiz's, so his racing knowledge is 2nd to no one.

Also he could chair a panel of tipsters, who each week give there selections, with the TAB sponsoring the bets and the winner after,say 4 weeks can donate the winnings to a charity of their choice.The following week you could follow it up with bragging rights and bag the other tipsters and the other tipsters can bag jockeys as well ,in a humorous way. They could also give the ride of the week and the shocker of the week from a jockey.

The programme could also feature a serious segment where the wows of the industry can be discussed and improved on.

Trackside need to come up with fresh ideas that will generate increased turnover and make it compulsory viewing.

Steven can only play so much golf and after playing against him,i cannot see any room for improvement. So this may be a real option