RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

addington race 2 debacle

What an enormous muck up. 2 horses late scratched  ,I mean really late after they participated in the race. It may have been a small relief to the punters that they did not finish in the dividend bearing places.but even so a disgrace to all concerned. the horses baileys diamond and best trio had saddlecloths 5 and 8 but they were on the wrong horse (same trainer) therefore started in the incorrect barrier positions. did no one notice ? trainer. no ,drivers no,stipes no ,commentator no (although he can be forgiven) starter no. until after the race and then late scratchings were declared. . didnt help us and others who had reduced payouts . !!!!!!!!!!!!!🦸‍♂️

Agree dkc, absolutely. i have known rare times when a mistake like this where wrong number is on a horse but has been picked up by stipes in birdcage before race and driver returns to get it corrected. A simple check re horse number driver would have found this fault  yes if stipes could accept some blame  or offer an excuse would be helpful.... after all thats what they are employed to do. 

Love to know who alerted them to the mistake.

I see Johnny Morrison represented Dean in the room. So perhaps Dean wasn’t there, seen the mistake on TV and notified them. That's what you get for being honest.

16 hours ago, dkc said:

Love to know who alerted them to the mistake.

I see Johnny Morrison represented Dean in the room. So perhaps Dean wasn’t there, seen the mistake on TV and notified them. That's what you get for being honest.

I see Dean Taylor had a horse racing at Winton the next day so presume he was down there

Last word from me.... there are too many parts of this puzzle to be mere incompetence. !!! ps. and I have read the full transcript of evidence.and decision. 

Edited by john legend
added as evidence just on line

On 3/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, john legend said:

I am sure there would have been a much bigger enquiry if the two horses concerned had finished 1st and 2nd.  (which was possible) It is also difficult to believe a driver would not realise where his horse was supposed to start from.?

Not really. Probably don't  read the race card😋😋certainly had our winning dividends slashed but hey who cares its only money.

Sharpest tack in the box comes to mind😁😁