RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Why would anyone firebomb Tim Mills house?

Cops investigate suspicious blaze at Jockey Club boss' home

Sam Sherwood13:12, Feb 28 2022

Canterbury Jockey Club chief executive Tim Mills pictured in 2012.
JOSEPH JOHNSON/Stuff
Canterbury Jockey Club chief executive Tim Mills pictured in 2012.

Police are investigating a suspicious car fire at the home of Canterbury Jockey Club’s chief executive.

Emergency services were called to the blaze at the club’s house on Racecourse Rd, Christchurch about 12.30am on Monday.

Chief executive Tim Mills said he and his wife were woken to the sound of a tyre exploding.

“I leapt out of bed, saw flames and [an] orange glow out the window and my wife rang the fire brigade.”
Mills rushed to get his garden hose and saw the back left tyre of his work car on fire.

“I managed to get around with the hose and get things slightly under control by the time the fire brigade arrived. The car was damaged and the side of the house was scorched, but it was one of those things that could’ve been a hell of a lot worse,” Mills said.

“The fire brigade did say we weren’t far away from it being a lot more significant.”

A police spokeswoman said the fire was being treated as suspicious and the investigation was ongoing.

Mills said he did not want to speculate as to why someone would want to set fire to his car, which was currently being repaired.

“It’s hard to imagine a reason why anyone would want to do something like that,” he said.

“I would just hope that there’s someone out there that knows something and have got enough courage to realise that what was done was particularly stupid and dangerous and [they] should be held to account for it.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/127908722/cops-investigate-suspicious-blaze-at-jockey-club-boss-home