RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Licketysplit

I note a youngster in the first at Ellerslie today with the same name, though two words, and I'm reminded of the Licketysplit of the 60s trained by Trevor McKee I think. Became an open company sprinter but I saw her after a twoyear old win at Ellerslie and was astounded. She was a tiny grey filly and I recall thinking her legs were like those on a deer she was so spindly but , boy, she could run like one.

Yes, Blue, you have a great memory.

Todays Ellerslie R1   two year old winner Lickity Split is yet another Turn Me Loose winner.

I have been trying to access the original Lickity Split's form..

She was, as you recalled a real flyer. Happy thoughts of her front running performances.

Like Pipe Dream

There are marvellous people on here like Gubilline who will paste The race record of the original Lickilty.

Rev

Blue Licketysplit was bred in 1966 by Shifnal out of Purple Planet. A lot of the Shifnal mares were small. She was owner-trained by Cliff Fenwick at Takanini. She won 10 races from her 52 starts. Like her current namesake she won on debut at Ellerslie on the 2/11/68 ridden by Des Wyatt. Her best win was the Bowen Handicap at Ellerslie on the 12/4/71 ridden by Brian Andrews.

arjay Licketysplit won twice at Rotorua. 28/11/71 ridden by Bob Skelton and the Rotorua Cup meeting on the 12/2/72 again ridden by Bob. Sharda won the Cup ridden by Ray Brown who sadly died in Australia a few days ago. The double paid $179.60.

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Blue Licketysplit was bred in 1966 by Shifnal out of Purple Planet. A lot of the Shifnal mares were small. She was owner-trained by Cliff Fenwick at Takanini. She won 10 races from her 52 starts. Like her current namesake she won on debut at Ellerslie on the 2/11/68 ridden by Des Wyatt. Her best win was the Bowen Handicap at Ellerslie on the 12/4/71 ridden by Brian Andrews.

Thanks Gubes. Knew you would come up with the goods. Cheers.