RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Inca collapses further

So last week Judge Neave throws out all but one single race fixing allegation now, and there’s no betting irregularities or money trail on that one race ……yet the media stooges say nothing 

C’mon media, don’t be spineless, report the facts as this matter grinds on to the inevitable collapse ….if I know about it you must know too

10 million plus wasted, absolutely wasted, because there never was any evidence to substantiate the race fixing, PEDs, and blood doping allegations 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, Iraklis said:

Oh gawd P4P, bloody Inca shite aint goin away anytime soon.....

Cheers Iraklis

They’ve scored a huge own goal though 

The industry narcs ……WTF….where are they now ?

The wasted Police resources …whilst the mosque gunman operated under their noses in the exact same geographical arena 

It’s symptomatic of a shambles at the RIB investigative level, not to mention their evidence which is embroidered with lies from RIB staff and their advisers

Just one great huge stain on an industry that’s now, as a consequence, in very big trouble 

What I don't get is why no one has been held accountable yet for this shambles, aint it about time some one looked into it? it's bizarre.....I mean the way the whole sorry saga broke it was as though heads were about to roll, thennnnnn nada.....WTF is right 😉

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

What I don't get is why no one has been held accountable yet for this shambles, aint it about time some one looked into it? it's bizarre.....I mean the way the whole sorry saga broke it was as though heads were about to roll, thennnnnn nada.....WTF is right 😉

Cheers Iraklis

Agree 

Have you read the evidence and all the transcribed surveillance  ?

Some of it is absolutely fxxxing bizarre 

It’s impossible to comprehend what they were thinking when they commenced this investigation 

As for their expert witness, god forbid … he declared at the start of the investigation that the world’s best driver was going to be extradited from the USA …. FFS …that was superseded only by the brain dead investigator who told the police “taking a blood” was doing a “Lance Armstrong”

Yeh P4P, some of it, I got so pissed off with the whole bloody shambles I gave up on it; I just can't believe how they could've done what they did, big bloody splash over the news an TV and for what? ah nah summit needs to be done ay, people were hurt lives affected and all these yrs an dollars later nada? on rumour, inuendo and surmise 😡

Cheers Iraklis

8 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh P4P, some of it, I got so pissed off with the whole bloody shambles I gave up on it; I just can't believe how they could've done what they did, big bloody splash over the news an TV and for what? ah nah summit needs to be done ay, people were hurt lives affected and all these yrs an dollars later nada? on rumour, inuendo and surmise 😡

Cheers Iraklis

Where's that harness racing knocker Martin Van Beynon now? Crooked journalist.

Harness racing corruption allegations: Legal argument may go to High Court

3 0 

The Racing Integrity Board’s bid to access police information with a view to prosecuting harness...
The Racing Integrity Board’s bid to access police information with a view to prosecuting harness racing figures already involved in the Operation Inca investigation appears headed to the High Court. Photo: George Heard / NZ Herald
A legal argument governing the Racing Integrity Board’s ability to seek prosecutions related to the police investigation into alleged corruption and drug use in the harness racing industry appears destined for the High Court.

Some Canterbury-based defendants charged during the Operation Inca probe led by the National Organised Crime Group have sought to prevent the transfer of evidence from investigators to the RIB, the industry watchdog.

Operation Inca, a covert surveillance and undercover operation, initially charged 13 harness racing figures in 2018 following an 18-month investigation into race-fixing and the supply of recreational drugs.

Judge Raoul Neave indicated the legal argument may be ruled on by the High Court when updating prosecutors and defence counsel in the district court last Friday.

Neave acknowledged he “parked” the argument when revealing some charges had been discharged.

The dropped counts and those still pending are subject to suppression orders so cannot be detailed but on Friday three drivers, a trio of owners and two trainers had charges either discharged or bids to have charges dismissed declined.

Applications for charges to be dismissed – some on the grounds of insufficient evidence – were lodged under section 147 of the Criminal Procedure Act on May 25, 2020 so the decision-making process has been time consuming. 

Mike Clement.
Mike Clement.
RIB chief executive Mike Clement, a former deputy police commissioner, was philosophical about the prospect of the then Racing Integrity Unit’s application to access police files being handled in the High Court.

“We might be in a holding pattern waiting for those matters to be dealt with. It’s a police prosecution, it’s in a criminal jurisdiction which the RIB has no role in,” he said.

The RIU application was made in 2018 and inherited by the RIB when the RIU and Judicial Control Authority for Racing were superseded by the new body in July last year.

The RIU did succeed in sanctioning a then-rising Canterbury harness racing star in July 2020 after being able to access police evidence.

Matt Anderson was banned for six months by the JCA for supplying the drug ecstasy to other drivers and refusing to supply information to racing investigators about the drug deal.

Anderson had previously been arrested by police in 2018 during Operation Inca and subsequently pleaded guilty to three charges related to the possession and supply of ecstasy.

Judge Neave discharged Anderson without conviction before the RIU laid its charges.

Meanwhile, Canterbury harness racing trainer and junior driver Cam Jones has been charged with administering a substance to a horse on race day after RIB investigators completed a stable inspection at his training base on December 10.

Following the visit, the Jones-trained Johnny Nevits was scratched from that night’s New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club meeting at Addington.

Under harness racing rules horses are not allowed to be administered any substance on race day.

A hearing date is yet to be set for Jones to enter a plea.

ODT

On 2/23/2022 at 9:22 AM, Iraklis said:

it's a bloody shambles no matter how you look at it

Law is never a straight forward subject unless your in China. 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:52 AM, JJ Flash said:

RIB chief executive Mike Clement, a former deputy police commissioner, was philosophical about the prospect of the then Racing Integrity Unit’s application to access police files being handled in the High Court.

“We might be in a holding pattern waiting for those matters to be dealt with. It’s a police prosecution, it’s in a criminal jurisdiction which the RIB has no role in,” he said.

The RIU application was made in 2018 and inherited by the RIB when the RIU and Judicial Control Authority for Racing were superseded by the new body in July last year.

The RIU did succeed in sanctioning a then-rising Canterbury harness racing star in July 2020 after being able to access police evidence.

Did the underlined piece set a precedent?

This is the crux of the issue-  access to evidence. and whether the RIB can go after a licensed person who has been convicted of a criminal offence. The other issue is at what cost is this to the respective parties, Seems to me  the accused are spending a lot of money to keep name suppression.

10 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Law is never a straight forward subject unless your in China. 

Did the underlined piece set a precedent?

This is the crux of the issue-  access to evidence. and whether the RIB can go after a licensed person who has been convicted of a criminal offence. The other issue is at what cost is this to the respective parties, Seems to me  the accused are spending a lot of money to keep name suppression.

The accused pay their own legal fees 

The ignorant who pursue them use industry money and resources 

There’s also the not insignificant matter of who lies the most, and if a self professed RIB expert claims that “taking a blood” is Lance Armstrong, or that using a common osmotic diuretic salt is “a performance enhancing drug” then we need to push back 

The RIB has no obvious integrity, they’ve been corrupted by stupid uneducated ex cops who think they’re tough guys, and sadly they’re aided and abetted by a JCA that’s now no more than puppets, “guns for hire”, who have no empathy or integrity 

It’s hard to understand how we got to this but it’s desperately sad and disappointing to those who’ve given their lives to the industry 

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The accused pay their own legal fees 

The ignorant who pursue them use industry money and resources 

Agreed but  my concept of "cost'  was not purely monetary. I was thinking of reputation as well and should have said so more directly