RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Big Bad Bolt

Well I for one absolutely enjoyed the viewin from AlexPark 😀 and cheered my ass off in the first when Bolt For Brilliance and his mate TonyH made the front and won it fair and square, Sundee tried hard, but when Bolt is in that mood, in his house, yeh nah, he's guna hand out a beatin every time, shame the South never saw the best of him, but last night that was the best of him (BFB) he's a big boy now, not that big gangly teenager anymore....High Grove, geez the Dunn's got summit there my my my, TrueFantasy easy as yuh like, Merlin and Seve won't be the last time these 2 draw swords, MagicFour boom! howzat! Self Assured smooth assassin phffftttt 👍

Over the ditch; yes guys stayed up to watch our reps: Krug (2nd), fully expected him to dish out an ass whuppin, but hmmmmmm; StylishMemphis, smashed em all, from the back over 1609m in 1.50.6; BadToTheBone (7th) oh dear; Temporale, kept the aussie gun honest pushin him home for a bloody great 2nd.....hey Janitor mate 😀 see yuh ol fav ToughieM won last night as well

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Well I for one absolutely enjoyed the viewin from AlexPark 😀 and cheered my ass off in the first when Bolt For Brilliance and his mate TonyH made the front and won it fair and square, Sundee tried hard, but when Bolt is in that mood, in his house, yeh nah, he's guna hand out a beatin every time, shame the South never saw the best of him, but last night that was the best of him (BFB) he's a big boy now, not that big gangly teenager anymore....High Grove, geez the Dunn's got summit there my my my, TrueFantasy easy as yuh like, Merlin and Seve won't be the last time these 2 draw swords, MagicFour boom! howzat! Self Assured smooth assassin phffftttt 👍

Over the ditch; yes guys stayed up to watch our reps: Krug (2nd), fully expected him to dish out an ass whuppin, but hmmmmmm; StylishMemphis, smashed em all, from the back over 1609m in 1.50.6; BadToTheBone (7th) oh dear; Temporale, kept the aussie gun honest pushin him home for a bloody great 2nd.....hey Janitor mate 😀 see yuh ol fav ToughieM won last night as well

Cheers Iraklis

Yes, there was some great racing during the weekend. 

Bolt For Brilliance won easy, no excuses for the rest. 

Highgrove is class but I like the look of the Nairn trained El Conqueror, a powerful gelding by Sebastian K. He is green and didn't handle the track but never gave up. Watch for him next season!

True Fantasy, too easy. She's the next Amazing Dream.

Merlin class, huge runs from Seve and Son of Mac

Good to see the Reid man win a big one again. Again there were some amazing runs from the beaten horses especially Franco Mac that was miles back at one stage.

Self Assured lengths better than anything else in that field and he proved it. Jogged in.

I felt a little sorry for the connections of Franco Mac. Outstayed both Akuta AND Franco Indie and still didn't win the race. Going in anyone would have thought "nab that pair and we're home", but no. Was a great race though.

Hopefully the meeting grows, as when you've only got 6 races and one race has 3 horses in it, and another 5 horses, it takes some of the gloss of what should have been a superb night. Instead it was a night with some hi lights, the 3yo C&G race being easily the best (although I admit i didn't see BFB beat SS).  

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

I felt a little sorry for the connections of Franco Mac. Outstayed both Akuta AND Franco Indie and still didn't win the race. Going in anyone would have thought "nab that pair and we're home", but no. Was a great race though.

Hopefully the meeting grows, as when you've only got 6 races and one race has 3 horses in it, and another 5 horses, it takes some of the gloss of what should have been a superb night. Instead it was a night with some hi lights, the 3yo C&G race being easily the best (although I admit i didn't see BFB beat SS).  

Yes, Franco Mac was huge... one of the best runs I have seen for a while, reminiscent of Laver in the Jewels! All Stars have got three quality horses. First, I thought Akuta the best. Then Franco Indie, but after Saturday's run Franco Mac must be the best of them? It's certain that these three will dominate G1 this season. 

Bolt for Brilliance was brilliant. As an earlier post said, few are as good at setting a horses as Tony Herlihy. He knew the race was his before he lined up and drove it like it. SS couldn't get near him.

Actually Lee, the more I look at that horses run, if I was that horse (CO) I would've pulled up and said to the driver 'look dude, you bloody run it an I'll drive, here yuh go' 😀 even one of the ladies watchin race said to her mate what's this guy up to (the driver of CO) the horse was driven from pillar to post....all I can say is Magic Four took the whole of the straight to get past Akuta he fought for his win, but Franco Mac, damnnnn now that was freight train incomin if ever I saw one.....

Cheers Iraklis

15 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Actually Lee, the more I look at that horses run, if I was that horse (CO) I would've pulled up and said to the driver 'look dude, you bloody run it an I'll drive, here yuh go' 😀 even one of the ladies watchin race said to her mate what's this guy up to (the driver of CO) the horse was driven from pillar to post....all I can say is Magic Four took the whole of the straight to get past Akuta he fought for his win, but Franco Mac, damnnnn now that was freight train incomin if ever I saw one.....

Cheers Iraklis

Iraklis,

Not Big Bad Bolt , but I heard the 3 yr old race was very exciting..........you usuallu concentrate on the champs/winners.

What did CO do wrong ? How was the horse driven from pillar to post ? Was it a fast run race /times ? Was CO a favourite and well drawn etc ?

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Tasman, why not Big Bad Bolt? you may not be a fan I am; and, watch the race see for yourself re Classy Operator....

Cheers Iraklis

Duh....I refer to fact your post Big Bad Bolt has deteriorated into strong criticism about a promising young trainer/driver who you allege 'over drove' a horse pillar to post....I took that meaning the whole race !

I have checked the tape...... I saw this.......the horse had disappointed in its lead up race in a lower class small field ,where it was favourite and appeared to over race in the one/one.

It was in this big race now ,racing two or more outstanding 'Group 1 horses. As a young horse CO had a Group placing and had raced commendably in the Jewels.It was eligible for this big race where every starter guaranteed a nice stake of at least $5k.

It was drawn very wide , and this plus the above saw it outsider of the field............Many group races can become processions and folk on here label them as boring !

The driver ,obviously decided to have a crack for the lead ,as did another 'roughie'. Maybe the young driver had seen Robbie Close the previous night ,upset the Group 1 mares race by crossing to the rail and taking a sit ! 

So the young driver ...had a crack.....he went flat out for 250 metres before not quite crossing then eased back to rail and took a sit where he remained for roughly 750m before deciding to get away from rail ,and possibly over racing ! The whole time the horse travelled easily and clearly under a hold as the race dwardled thru a 30 plus sectional ,then a 32 plus sectional ...thats 32.

When the sprint went on at the 450m the young drivers charge couldn't go and dropped away rather sharply considering it had only done 250m at tops. The driver at that stage prior to the 400m did nothing to agitate the horse and let it ease right down.

I can't see off the tape where the horse was driven from 'pillar to post' as you claim.

As it turns out the race was hugely exciting with a great finish......an unexpected result too. Could have been different had drivers just sat back in conservatively fashion.

And there was a skirmish early in the race which  may  have influenced the outcome as well.

They seem to be the 'facts' as per the tape......I still hunting for the pillar to post driving , I saw a 250m burn !

Tasman and even bigger DUHHHH to you! you started your post with 'not Big Bad Bolt' I asked why not? and lastly, I am only commentin on wat I saw, and in fact at one point that horse half carted and almost impeded the eventual winner, personally it seemed like he didn't know where he wanted to be, an observation; hence pillar to post comment! you see what you wanna see and I couldn't give a rats patootie for all the rest of your 'I checked this and that' if you can't see what I and others are on about, then you can't, simple; what happened on the night happened, there it is.....and by the way post hasn't descended into strong criticism, there happens to smilie/laughin faces all over the place, it was good natured, when did havin a laugh about an observation become a crime to you? perhaps you could do more laughin? yeah.....

Cheers Iraklis

PS. if those were really the 'facts' per the tape, instead more the facts as per you, I doubt that horses run would've even been mentioned in the first instance, just sayin...