RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hangfire

TAB Goodwill Gesture

Can't you see that the TAB, punters and all industry participants, as detailed in my first post, are inextricably linked. At this point increasing returns to punters is not high on the priority list.

1 hour ago, Talk1 said:

Can't you see that the TAB, punters and all industry participants, as detailed in my first post, are inextricably linked. At this point increasing returns to punters is not high on the priority list.

What? Don't punters significantly fund returns to the other stakeholders you mention? As a punter, my return is related to the number of bets I have. If those are reduced by abandonments, then my return is diminished.

5 hours ago, Leggy said:

What? Don't punters significantly fund returns to the other stakeholders you mention? As a punter, my return is related to the number of bets I have. If those are reduced by abandonments, then my return is diminished.

But Leggy, the costs to the trainers, jocks and owners doesn’t diminish does it? Owners get 19 cents in the dollar return on their investments. Punters, if they bet well, get 86 cents in the dollar. Who wins in that scenario?

Work it out.

John

7 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

But Leggy, the costs to the trainers, jocks and owners doesn’t diminish does it? Owners get 19 cents in the dollar return on their investments. Punters, if they bet well, get 86 cents in the dollar. Who wins in that scenario?

Work it out.

John

Neither win do they? And yes Insider, I'm also in the silly bugger club as not only a punter and an owner, but a licence-holder as well.