RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Tauherenikau Postponed

MEETING NEWS

Tauherenikau Postponed

The Tauherenikau track was inspected this morning at around 10am by the RIB and Club representatives. The track had received approximately 50mm of rain through to Sunday morning with more significant rain to come during Sunday. There is currently some surface water on the track and inconsistencies with the surface. In the interests of safety the decision has been made to not run this race-meeting tomorrow. Further information will follow.

Another one bites the dust- excuse the pun

Same shit different day...but once again nobody will be held to account for any of this...our racing is a joke and the people who are running it need to be thrown out they dont have the interests of the sport at heart only their own self centred selfish interests are first to them.How can we have so many people so called running the industry and pulling huge salaries and we have a second rate product being served up...oh thats right they cant even get the races to be safely run...how long will the industry accept this???

2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Same shit different day...but once again nobody will be held to account for any of this...our racing is a joke and the people who are running it need to be thrown out they dont have the interests of the sport at heart only their own self centred selfish interests are first to them.How can we have so many people so called running the industry and pulling huge salaries and we have a second rate product being served up...oh thats right they cant even get the races to be safely run...how long will the industry accept this???

Don't panic. Salvation is on the way. If the AWT was up and going at Awapuni they could have thrown both Taranaki and Tauherenikau together and held 17 odd races today in PN. Probably even throw in the Hawera trots and have 28 races on a boomer raceday.

Mrs Stodge is in Napier and tells me it has rained there all night heavily and is still "chucking it down" this morning.

2 inches of rain is a lot for any course to take in a short period of time and it is your summer so is that kind of rain expected usually? I suspect not.

Tauherenikau have probably been unlucky.

The question however is whether, in the light of an anticipated forecast of heavy rain, it might have been possible to set up, at short notice, a card on the AWT. It's something that happens here in the winter if we get a forecast for snow or frost especially at the weekend, the BHA will program an extra AW card for the Saturday afternoon to ensure a minimum of two and ideally three meetings in the UK to generate betting income.

4 minutes ago, stodge said:

Mrs Stodge is in Napier and tells me it has rained there all night heavily and is still "chucking it down" this morning.

2 inches of rain is a lot for any course to take in a short period of time and it is your summer so is that kind of rain expected usually? I suspect not.

Tauherenikau have probably been unlucky.

The question however is whether, in the light of an anticipated forecast of heavy rain, it might have been possible to set up, at short notice, a card on the AWT. It's something that happens here in the winter if we get a forecast for snow or frost especially at the weekend, the BHA will program an extra AW card for the Saturday afternoon to ensure a minimum of two and ideally three meetings in the UK to generate betting income.

They dont have any other options as the options are either closed down by them or Donald Ducked as too much racing on them. Its a shambles mate but dont worry they will still get their big fat salaries and tell everyone how wonderful a job they are doing for the industry...it makes me want to throw up...🤮

7 minutes ago, Leggy said:

What AWT?

I thought there was a track at Cambridge which was an all-weather surface.

Presumably an emergency programme could have been created to act as a contingency  if it had seemed the weekend's racing was at risk.

2 minutes ago, stodge said:

Presumably an emergency programme could have been created to act as a contingency  if it had seemed the weekend's racing was at risk.

Thats to much fore thought for these muppets...most of the people in charge dont have a clue about racing or the participants involved...so it makes it tough to get sensible decisions such as planning... anything... done.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

"Nobody held to account" .  Pretty hard to give the rain god a good smacking but for many around the country this weather is a god send the  grass situation was getting desperate so for many rural people this is a blessing . If the AWT  at Awapuni actually happens then other options will be available , we are still waiting .

Dont agree this meeting should have been under watch all week...they knew weather was coming and it should have been able to be moved to another location but they cant do that as all the alternatives are either closed down or Donald ducked as too much racing...this is not about just one day its about the demise of the industry and we the participants just seem to whinge and moan but we still let them use us as a doormat as they drive the bus off the edge of the cliff so to speak...If we are to change anything we ALL need to stand up and say enough...until then nothing will change...nothing.They cant even get the programming of races right how could they possibly have the foresight to think oh shit rain coming this week what's our plan B...plan B to them is Bullshit with a capital B ...and keep telling themselves how great they are at doing it.

18 minutes ago, stodge said:

Not sure you'd want to move a CD meeting to the northern region. They already have Tauranga today, Ruakaka Wednesday and a premier meeting at Te Rapa next Saturday. What about the SI horses already there or on the way? That would be a huge amount of extra travel. Don't see that as any kind of practical solution. Doubt many of the CD horses engaged would travel that far. Maybe if the AWT was in at Awapuni.

This my 2nd cancellation in four Northern trips over the last three years.  Very frustrating, very expensive and really is not good enough.  We have very accurate weather forecasts nowadays.  Contingency plans and watering plans should be put in place to ensure this doesn't happen.  Never saw meetings cancelled in the 70's on these same tracks.  I don't remember any more falls than we have now, in fact I would be sure there were less ... why?  Wrong grasses, not deeply rooted enough?  Jockeys riding too short?  Too much or not enough watering?  I don't know, just throwing ideas out there ...