RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Abide

New Plymouth Races

On 2/15/2022 at 9:09 AM, Hi Ho Silver said:

We are racing again at New Plymouth on Friday.  What has been done with the track to ensure a safe racing surface since the races were abandoned 10 days ago?

I reiterate what has been done with the Taranaki track since being put off?  Todd Treweek is in charge of all NZ racecourse preparation.

Time to transfer to Stratford!!

This is absolute rubbish. One horse gone down twice and then another today so over the 2 days 3 horses have done the 9 hour trip. What were they doing. Rain was always predicted for today are they start of on a dead 4. Any idiot would know if the rain came when it did that this was going to happen after last time. The cost of $800 per horse is a hard one to have to take on the chin

All expenses, not a token amount, should be reimbursed by NZTR promptly. They have a full responsibility to present a safe track to race on, they have failed to meet a suitable standard to meet that criteria. Therefore, like any normal business, the costs have to be meet by those who have incurred losses to fulfil the commitment made by acceptances confirmed by NZTR.

Whomever is in charge of track management should receive a second warning on his employment record as a result of this debacle.

John

This is why our racing is stuffed...it is a shyte track has been for years, but they forced Stratford to close, and trying hard to get rid of Hawera and Waverley and the New Plymouth club does not even own the land the club is on...come on FFS people need to stand up and say enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! But once again nobody will be made answer for anything...they will just add more fat cats to the trough and feel good about the shyte job they are doing.When will there be someone employed with a knowledge and an interest in racing to fix this utter shambles...no wonder people are leaving in droves to Aussie..horses and trainers.

59 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Fark

My horse has gone down twice now (9 hour round float trips) for the Oaks Prelude and abandoned twice. 😠.   

There will probably be another meeting there soon Ted. Aim for that. What are the float fees? 7-800 round trip?

24 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

This is why our racing is stuffed...it is a shyte track has been for years, but they forced Stratford to close, and trying hard to get rid of Hawera and Waverley and the New Plymouth club does not even own the land the club is on...come on FFS people need to stand up and say enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! But once again nobody will be made answer for anything...they will just add more fat cats to the trough and feel good about the shyte job they are doing.When will there be someone employed with a knowledge and an interest in racing to fix this utter shambles...no wonder people are leaving in droves to Aussie..horses and trainers.

Course proper looked outstanding at Foxton this morning. Oh that's right, we don't race there any more.

28 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You pretty much wrote my sentiments. Everyone please understand this: New Plymouth is not up to scratch. Pure and simple. 

I've had 2 people ask me today to put something on here about what a joke this is. One a "small-time" daily punter who the TAB completely ignores because he's not a big-noter like farcical organisations like BGP etc; the other a prominent North Island participant in the industry who can not believe how these mistakes keep happening.

The "attention seekers" of this industry are killing it, while the perennial battlers keep saving them and propping up the racing game. Its probably time for them to branch out and run their own industry. They'd teach these "pretenders" a thing or two about being realistic, authentic, and looking after the welfare of all participants - not those who think they are privileged economically, genetically, or geographically. For too long the wrong groups have been looked after or received lop-sided favoritism. It's time to push the reset button.

56 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

All expenses, not a token amount, should be reimbursed by NZTR promptly. They have a full responsibility to present a safe track to race on, they have failed to meet a suitable standard to meet that criteria. Therefore, like any normal business, the costs have to be meet by those who have incurred losses to fulfil the commitment made by acceptances confirmed by NZTR.

Whomever is in charge of track management should receive a second warning on his employment record as a result of this debacle.

John

NZTR to pay the expenses or the club who isn't presenting the track suitable to race on. If it was to come out of the clubs pocket I bet there will be some changes going on in preparation for next time. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

NZTR to pay the expenses or the club who isn't presenting the track suitable to race on. If it was to come out of the clubs pocket I bet there will be some changes going on in preparation for next time. 

Yes. Pretty simple. Clubs which present a track unsafe for racing pay all expenses for horses and staff that have presented for the meeting. This would be standard business practice. If they don't have the resources to produce a satisfactory surface then NZTR need to provide them, albeit equitably. If they still can't do it they should be closed until they can.

High time Racing Minister Grant Robertson stepped in and placed the dysfunctional NZTR into Administration. Replace it with a body similar to the old Racing Conference. This would save millions of dollars in salaries and allow mainly voluntary club representatives to take control again of racing for the benefit of participants.

52 minutes ago, gubellini said:

High time Racing Minister Grant Robertson stepped in and placed the dysfunctional NZTR into Administration. Replace it with a body similar to the old Racing Conference. This would save millions of dollars in salaries and allow mainly voluntary club representatives to take control again of racing for the benefit of participants.

And while he's at it, replace the TAB board which now seems to run everything with the old style Racing Authority. And get rid of any directors and management who don't know anything about Racing. There isn't really time left to bring them up to speed. There must be plenty of other boards that need random people to get their gender and race ratios compliant

And the exact same reason the races are off today as two weeks ago..FFS how can they not learn its not rocket science...and this is the problem...nobody and I mean nobody takes any responsibility for the cock up...oh well stuff the owners they will get a couple hundred bucks and have to accept it...its wrong...so so wrong.

4 hours ago, Hi Ho Silver said:

I reiterate what has been done with the Taranaki track since being put off?  Todd Treweek is in charge of all NZ racecourse preparation.

Time to transfer to Stratford!!

Who is responsible for Preparing a track for raceday is The Club and staff

3 hours ago, Contentious said:

This is totally unacceptable!

But where does the new CEO of NZTR come from?

Before the Trentham abandonment Alan had rung Bruce to tell him they hadn't prepared track properly, last time he did say it wasn't a management fault but this time they follow the Trentham preparation to a tee and got same result. Go Figure Carey at it again he can only give the rating that suits keeping fields full and you get there and they change as it happens more times than not at NP

Let’s set a few things right here guys.

I left this morning from Cambridge at 8.00am with 3 horses onboard.

Rusavy and Side Eye to race, another taken down for an owner of mine to pick up from the track as she has been retired.

I checked the NZTR website, a Dead 4, perfect.

By the time I got to the outskirts of NP, I could see there had been a few showers, nothing of much consequence.

I unloaded my horses and put them in the yards over by the 1600m mark, didn’t need to cover my horses as it was quite warm, and they were happy. Another couple of light showers occurred over the next hour or so, nothing of too much note.

I went for a walk out on the track, dug my heel of my boot (not a riding boot) into the track and left a nice indent on the track.

Perfect footing I would have said. All 80 kegs of me, so you can imagine what a horse footprint would have done.

So next thing I hear the races are Called off, jockeys not happy.

I hear there was a delegation of senior riders went out to view the track.

3 didn’t want to ride and one did, so that was  end of it.

300mm of rain has fallen on this track, including the day the last meeting was called off, and that would t have penetrated into the track, for fucks sake, blind Freddy could see that it was there, remembering the last meeting was called off because of surface water, and you think the Track manager is to blame for that?
You are a gullible lot if you fall for that one…

The jockeys are meant to be professionals, a good trainer here in Cambridge approached me the other day with a good idea, a group of senior jockeys rotating, should go to the course that is being raced on that morning and gallop two horses on that surface if there is any doubt about the meeting going ahead, no doubt they would want to be paid, NZTR could stump up there with the money coming from Jockeys fines, no use sending them out with an umbrella, some wouldn’t know which end to put in the ground!
Tongue in cheek!
So as I waited for my owner to come and pick up his mare, I walked the entire track, digging my heals into what I thought was a perfect surface, and if anything, after the first, a downgrade to a dead 5, possibly a 6.

I rang Carey Hobbs, he was gutted, two galloped in the morning, no problems, then this pops up after a few light showers, sad for him, his club, sponsors etc…

What I am saying here is what a lot of trainers are thinking, but they won’t speak up/ out, I am speaking on their behalf, and note I don’t hide behind a bogus name, I am here, shoot me down, but something has to be done to correct this.

I realise OSH plays a big part in this once the Jockeys wave the white flag, but just recently some have gone in with pre conceived negative thought and think this doesn’t help matters whatsoever.

Anyway, just my thought, along with a lot of others, but what would I know, an ex Hurdle rider!
That could be the key to it, run Highweigths as the first race, we never wavered when sent out there to test run the track, food for thought!

Thanks for the post Chris but there must have been some concerns or 3 out of 4 would not have said we won't ride...I am sure they would want the riding fees to...no doubt.

There needs to be a panel and a decision made BEFORE all this money is spent by everyone involved to get the meeting run. BUT I firmly believe the track there has issues and a lot are caused because it is being asked to run to many meetings, and can not handle it. This time maybe there were mitigating circumstances but the previous two issues were their own doing. But whatever or whoever is the cause it needs rectifying for sure, this is totally unprofessional and unfair on the people who end up footing most of the bill...the owners.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Expand  

You pretty much wrote my sentiments. Everyone please understand this: New Plymouth is not up to scratch. Pure and simple. 

I've had 2 people ask me today to put something on here about what a joke this is. One a "small-time" daily punter who the TAB completely ignores because he's not a big-noter like farcical organisations like BGP etc; the other a prominent North Island participant in the industry who can not believe how these mistakes keep happening.

Big Noter ? Like BGP ?

Fark me, I've been in this game a lot longer than you sunshine and the the BGP seems to be run by decent down to earth people and is probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in my lifetime in Racing.

A similarity to the on course Jackpot days.

One of their 1st Punters Clubs garnered over $250k , the TAB should have sacked their whole marketing Dept right there and then !

Don't worry the TAB ignore me and I spend plenty with the arseholes, can't even watch a trial video on their mammoth website that cost $2. Surely that's what it cost ..

Chill man , get on board and cheer home Iff I Get Paid ( another amazing initiative) in the 1st at Ellerslie.

No financial interest to me at all but I will be cheering it on.

Looked a bit green 1st up but hopefully OP can steer her home