RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Abide

New Plymouth Races

Just now, Memphis3 said:

Once I saw Bridget pointing at something I went gooooooooone 

Lots of races at NP and Awapunui how come bugger all at Whanganui ? Just asking 

The stipe was very quick on the scene. Might have been camped on the bend in anticipation.

NP and Awapuni?? Id say they're on a par in terms of punters confidence.

Oh well total focus now on a decent track down in Dunners - great course, great fields - cant go wrong NZ.

NZTR Website states Taranaki RI Abandoned, Following a slip in the first and a subsequent inspection, the track has been deemed unsafe for racing. As  stated the only way to deem a track unsafe for racing is to send jockeys and horses out there and hope for the best that they return safe and well.

Its a weekly joke almost now...Taranaki is a goat track more problems again...not enough water put on again...early in the week then the rains come so it becomes a ice rink....Yes they are taking away all the alternatives...and Wanganui I believe is under Reno too...industry run by morons....I was outspoken over New Plymouth and got shut down but it is a shyte track and cannot handle what it is being asked to do.

They must have known long before the first the track could be dodgy but once again the people who put on the show the owners, trainers and Jockeys are treated with disdain sent out to test the track and then rogered properly with the costs of getting to an abandoned meeting with pitiful compensation...no wonder owners and trainers are leaving one after the other...what possible incentive is there to stay with the amateurs running the industry.

Its exactly the same scenario as what happened last year with Trentham...too hard early in the week rain late does not get a chance to go in...pure and simple BAD TRACK MANAGEMENT......but wait and see NOTHING will change and NOBODY will be held accountable...as normal.🥵

Its a sad sign of an industry in decline. Shows the folly of only programming two NZ race meetings on a Saturday: one goes and there is nothing left until Aussie kicks in.

The costs of these abandonments must be getting devastating for connections. Ultimately many might start questioning the risk of travelling to distant meetings.

I have never been a fan of the NP track, always seems to be wet. Now they are wanting to pull down a grandstand to put up some stadium. And they don't even own the land. 

Why not get the local council to give them some money to piss off and build some proper facilities at Hawera? The council has heaps of money, they are spending something like $50m on new rugby facilities. They seem to be a few years behind the times when it comes to identifying the trends.

10 minutes ago, Littletramp said:

Interesting tactics from the rider on the favourite at the 900m mark. How often does he drift back and go wide of all other runners? Wonder if he had some idea what the track was like?

Certainly never looked a winning chance. I wonder if the ride will be questioned.

46 minutes ago, ClassAct said:

Biggest kick in guts is for Wingatui. Only mtg left in NZ and trackside rolling out race by race previews for Randwick, crossing back with 6min preview window. Insulting

I did notice that, very poor, especially when Otago has much better racing anyhow with a $100,000 feature. 

As long as industry participants lie down and be walked on the so called EXPERTS will keep collecting their fat salaries and raping the industry until it is well and truly Donald Ducked.But industry participants need to stand up and stand united for anything to change and that WONT happen.If the people who put on the show owners, trainers and jockeys refused to front up MAYBE people in the decision making places would start to listen...as it would hurt them in their industry pockets as it is now they get a free pass for the Mickey Mouse show to continue on down the road.

Continuing piss poor Wingatui coverage theme, first 2 at Randwick have run at least 2-3mins late, which means further reduced lead in time. As I said earlier, it is both insulting and disrespectful. Topped off with split screen prior to last showing Caulfield birdcage 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is ironic that the latest consultation paper regarding a new "professional" licensing system has been formulated by members of NZTR when their actions in recent times, including the state in which a race track has been presented today to race on, could not be further from being professional.

NZTR, please start listening to those in the industry who have come from grass roots racing and actually know their stuff.  Stop sending jockeys out as test dummies, when the track today could have been assessed before horses and riders were subjected to danger.  Stop telling us there are too many tracks in New Zealand and some must be sold to fund others.  Forget about synthetic or all weather tracks, what unnecessary and expensive injury causing white elephants they will turn out to be.  I realise the AWT money from Government cannot be used for any other projects in racing.  Do the right thing, reject the whimsical notion of a third AWT in the Manawatu and give the money back.  It will be cheaper in the long run as once all the tracks have been sold to fund the Palmy synthetic where the hell are the funds for ongoing maintenance going to come from?  The money would be better utilised on roading or schools.

We have purpose built turf tracks across New Zealand that have done the job for our country since pre-war days.  They may not have glassed in stands and cushions on the seats but ask any of today's owners if that mattered a toss.  Had owners been allowed oncourse today I think they would have welcomed straw bales and plastic cups.

3 hours ago, ClassAct said:

Biggest kick in guts is for Wingatui. Only mtg left in NZ and trackside rolling out race by race previews for Randwick, crossing back with 6min preview window. Insulting

Was fuming about that myself.   I had a runner in R4 and thought that perhaps we would get some mounting yard coverage and build into the race, but nope, as you say, replay of the randwick preview shoved down our throats.    Starting to wonder why I bother having horses in NZ, when it even appears those in charge cant be bothered to properly cover and promote NZ racing.

39 minutes ago, premixer said:

Was fuming about that myself.   I had a runner in R4 and thought that perhaps we would get some mounting yard coverage and build into the race, but nope, as you say, replay of the randwick preview shoved down our throats.    Starting to wonder why I bother having horses in NZ, when it even appears those in charge cant be bothered to properly cover and promote NZ racing.

Perhaps ask the new TAB CEO if he knows where Wingatui is.

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Certainly never looked a winning chance. I wonder if the ride will be questioned.

Doom, the Stipes here must be the worst in the world. You watch a carded meeting then read the reports. Woeful