RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CeeTee

I have to agree with short stuff on this one………

Jacinda is holding the country to ransom with these silly draconian rules.

The UK is about to rip the Band-Aid off with zero restrictions in the next week or so. No testing required, no masks, no QR code check ins. They have come to the realisation the data regarding the seriousness of Covid is not in actual reality as serious as they initially thought it would be. 

As someone who has recently recovered from Covid within the last week I can tell you from personal experience it’s not that serious. A sore throat, a headache for a day. I had one day off work, that’s it (I am double vaccinated).

Why can’t Jacinta use Australia and the UK as living real time examples of how to effectively manage this pandemic? It’s really not that hard. Isolating for 24 days is an absolute joke and completely unnecessary. The sooner NZ elects a new government the better.

In finishing I have the best bet in 5 years coming up at the end of Feb (this one should go a bit better than short stuff’s effort Pierre Joseph a few years ago. 

Death, taxes and Espiona in the Surround.

Thank me later. Good punting

For you maybe it was not so serious but thats not the same for everyone....people who have underlying conditions are dying from it and for everyone to say lets go open slather is being a bit selfish in my opinion.I for one would not like to catch it..and I am sure there are many who feel the same.

There have been 53 deaths in New Zealand from COVID in two years.  In normal times there are 500 deaths per year in New Zealand from influenza.  Check the stats on how many have died as a result of the Pfizer vaccine.  There have been many more seriously affected by the vaccine to date, including those involved in racing.  Jockeys would be one of the most fit and healthy group of people in the country so, my questions are how many of them have previously felt the need to get a flu vaccination and, how many will put their hands up to be vaccinated when the next deadly virus comes around?

Edited by Hi Ho Silver
Typo

You twist it to suit yourself...that was not my question the reason why only 5o+ deaths is it was not widespread and was stamped out quickly...this is different...and most of the ones who died had some existing conditions..so do we just say or sorry but so we can open up the weaker ones with existing conditions we are going to sacrifice them???? Is that fair???

Hi Ho - there have been 53 deaths in NZ and whilst they may have had Covid, they HAVE NOT died from Covid. Covid may have accelerated their death but it was not caused by Covid. They had more severe symptons, which caused them to die. As an example, the UK results are - 

Of the 50,335 deaths that occurred in March to June 2020 involving COVID-19 in England and Wales, 45,859 (91.1%) had at least one pre-existing condition, while 4,476 (8.9%) had none. COVID-19 deaths where there was no pre-existing condition between March and June 2020 are included below, this can be found on table 5.

• No pre-existing condition: England and Wales – 4476
  • No pre-existing condition: England – 4169
  • No pre-existing condition: Wales – 294

So whereas the media are all saying 50,000 deaths in the UK ONLY 4,476 have been the result of contracting the virus. Why does the media have to be so dishonest?

Hi Fredd, I totally agree with everything you say.  Media are paid to be dishonest.  I don't think you or I have twisted anything to suit ourselves.  Those with pre-existing conditions could make the choice to be vaccinated as the no jab no job policy possibly did not apply to them.  As this is a racing site I think mention of jockeys also coming under the no jab no job mandate, despite being self employed, worthy.  Jockeys hold the strongest hand of any other sector group in the racing industry.  As a group if they decide not to be boostered because the daily testing has proved what we already know about their health, who is going to make them?

1 hour ago, Hi Ho Silver said:

There have been 53 deaths in New Zealand from COVID in two years.  In normal times there are 500 deaths per year in New Zealand from influenza.  Check the stats on how many have died as a result of the Pfizer vaccine.  There have been many more seriously affected by the vaccine to date, including those involved in racing.  Jockeys would be one of the most fit and healthy group of people in the country so, my questions are how many of them have previously felt the need to get a flu vaccination and, how many will put their hands up to be vaccinated when the next deadly virus comes around?

53 deaths WITH covid

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

You twist it to suit yourself...that was not my question the reason why only 5o+ deaths is it was not widespread and was stamped out quickly...this is different...and most of the ones who died had some existing conditions..so do we just say or sorry but so we can open up the weaker ones with existing conditions we are going to sacrifice them???? Is that fair???

Yes that is fair, don't mandate an injection for the young and healthy because you're scared the injection doesn't work for you. You can hide if you're scared of omicron 

1 hour ago, Fredd002 said:

Hi Ho - there have been 53 deaths in NZ and whilst they may have had Covid, they HAVE NOT died from Covid. Covid may have accelerated their death but it was not caused by Covid. They had more severe symptons, which caused them to die. As an example, the UK results are - 

Of the 50,335 deaths that occurred in March to June 2020 involving COVID-19 in England and Wales, 45,859 (91.1%) had at least one pre-existing condition, while 4,476 (8.9%) had none. COVID-19 deaths where there was no pre-existing condition between March and June 2020 are included below, this can be found on table 5.

• No pre-existing condition: England and Wales – 4476
  • No pre-existing condition: England – 4169
  • No pre-existing condition: Wales – 294

So whereas the media are all saying 50,000 deaths in the UK ONLY 4,476 have been the result of contracting the virus. Why does the media have to be so dishonest?

In the UK they arw dropping mandates as they had a release of data. They had to release how many people have died solely of covid. The figures which are 180,000 WITH covid have now dropped to 17,000 Of covid in 2 years. To put that in perspective 20,000 people die of flu in the UK EVERY YEAR. So less people have died from Covid alone than the flu....

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

The latest on bush telegraph is that MIQ is to be abandoned come end of April. The nutters at MOH and MBIE must have finally come to their senses. No doubt Cindy will take all the credit  with some classic PR spin from her team of 47😘

She needs it her numbers are crashing thank god for that...cant wait to see the back of her.

Are you guys getting this....and this is the point. The official line has been that 155,678 people had died of Covid in the UK. A public  commission was requested on the matter because Reiner Fullmich is about to launch an international legal action against certain parties. Looks as though he has a small team of 60 international lawyers working on it with the support of 1100 additional lawyers supporting them. They asked for the official numbers.

Turns out it was 17,000. In the same period, pneumonia dropped what? ....you guessed it....19,500. They're also having a huge crack at the PCR tests. Seems as though you can't distinguish between the flu and covid due to low cycling rate - 35.

Makes you want more answers...