RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Matamata races

I can’t really comprehend why the TAB or NZTR want to run a race meeting on a Wednesday, a low key meeting ,  the first race at 2.38pm and the last at 7.34pm.

You guessed it, I do have one in the last, but I am not the only one complaining about it!

Your thoughts?

4 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

I can’t really comprehend why the TAB or NZTR want to run a race meeting on a Wednesday, a low key meeting ,  the first race at 2.38pm and the last at 7.34pm.

You guessed it, I do have one in the last, but I am not the only one complaining about it!

Your thoughts?

Looks like the racing gods agree with you :)

Personally I like it because it means I can finish work and enjoy watching (and betting on) more midweek NZ races than I would if they started around midday.

Of course I'm not the one who has to get horses to and from the track, and get up at sparrow fart the next day, etc....

No, down at the stables working, I was taking my own horse over and doing the strapping as well.

Shame for the club, they don’t frame the meeting times!
I understand say no more, but we as the providers of the product don’t get a say in these decisions.

A few in the last race were from over the Bombays, they wouldn’t have seen their bed until at least 10.30pm by the time they got their horses done.

6.30 pm plenty late enough!

Another joke another meeting cancelled...WTF is going on nobody seems to be able to prepare a decent safe even track these days...its such a joke...why will nobody listen and fix this FFS.

Yes Chris no sense in twighlight meetings still gonna be nobody there for this type of day...but thats the muppets running the show.

MEETING NEWS

Matamata RC | Wednesday 26 January | RACE DAY

Race Morning
Weather: Cloudy
Track: Slow 7
Rail: True | 10mm Rain Overnight
Weather and Track updated at 6.45am Wednesday 26 January

Matamata%20-%20NZ%20Going%20Report%20-%2

Tuesday Afternoon
Weather: Cloudy
Track: Dead 6
Rail: True 
Weather and Track updated at 4.22pm Tuesday 25 January

Tuesday Morning 
Weather: Overcast 
Track: Dead 6
Rail: True | 12mm Rain Last 24hrs 
Weather and Track updated at 7.52am Tuesday 25 January

CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE
Matamata%20-%20NZ%20Going%20Report%20-%2

Monday Morning 
Weather: Showery
Track: Dead 4
Weather and Track updated at 10.45am Monday 24 January

Monday Morning 
Weather: Overcast
Weather and Track updated at 9.06am Monday 24 January

Withdrawal Morning 
Weather: Fine
Track: Dead 5
Weather and Track updated at 8.03am Saturday 22 January

Nomination Morning 
Weather: Fine
Rail: True | 30mm Irrigation This Week | Irrigating 8mm Today 
Weather and Track updated at 7.53am Friday 21 January

For your info Chris.

Advised to stakeholders 13 December 2021 

Twilight series targets wagering window
A proposed schedule of twilight meetings, which was flagged in the NZTR Directions Paper released in October, will commence on Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at Matamata.
The licence time changes have been approved by TAB NZ and the full schedule, which runs through to 30 March, is listed below.
“NZTR had identified an opportunity to enhance our wagering footprint by broadcasting New Zealand thoroughbred races into Australia at this time of day,” NZTR CEO Bernard Saundry said. “This was supported by advice from TAB NZ and our Australian wagering partners.”
“While the primary focus of the twilight series is to drive greater wagering, both domestically and internationally, NZTR clubs may also see the trial as an opportunity to create an on-course experience for customers, drive attendance and additional direct revenue,” he said.
TAB NZ estimates the twilight series could provide an uplift in domestic turnover of $2million, while NZTR’s Australian wagering partners estimate an increase of around 15% in turnover.
Recognising the fact that twilight meetings impact participants, specifically trainers with staff and horses having to travel back from meetings which finish after 7pm, NZTR has attempted to keep these meetings close to key training centres where possible. For the purposes of this trial there are no twilight meetings in the South Island.
Submissions for the Directions paper closed at the end of November and were received from a wide cross-section of participants. This included responses to questions regarding other twilight alternatives NZTR might consider and whether twilight meetings should be more widely spread; and whether there would be support for further changes to the calendar should the twilight series prove successful.
For the purposes of the trial, NZTR has worked with the meetings that were already set in the calendar for this season to avoid disruption. If the trial is successful, and considering feedback from the Directions paper, venues at which the twilight meetings would be held in future seasons could be revisited.
The full schedule is:
12 January, Matamata RC
19 January, Waikato RC
26 January, Matamata RC (moved from 24 January)
2 February, Waikato RC
9 February, Matamata RC
16 February, Racing Tauranga
23 February, Auckland TRI@ Pukekohe
2 March, Hawkes Bay RI
9 March, Otaki Maori RC
16 March, South Waikato RC (Matamata)   

38 minutes ago, ,knight star said:

Why was it not tfansferred like RITA told us cambridge track was put in to stop lost of meetings  just  more spin from  them 

Not all horses like Cambridge syn. I tialled one there then she had to be boxed for a month so for her welfare I wouldnt go back with her.

1 hour ago, ,knight star said:

Why was it not tfansferred like RITA told us cambridge track was put in to stop lost of meetings  just  more spin from  them 

From memory not a single meeting has ever been transferred to the AWT. That was the whole justification from winston and NZTR to justify the massive outlay. Not a good look so far.

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

For your info Chris.

Advised to stakeholders 13 December 2021 

Twilight series targets wagering window
A proposed schedule of twilight meetings, which was flagged in the NZTR Directions Paper released in October, will commence on Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at Matamata.
The licence time changes have been approved by TAB NZ and the full schedule, which runs through to 30 March, is listed below.
“NZTR had identified an opportunity to enhance our wagering footprint by broadcasting New Zealand thoroughbred races into Australia at this time of day,” NZTR CEO Bernard Saundry said. “This was supported by advice from TAB NZ and our Australian wagering partners.”
“While the primary focus of the twilight series is to drive greater wagering, both domestically and internationally, NZTR clubs may also see the trial as an opportunity to create an on-course experience for customers, drive attendance and additional direct revenue,” he said.
TAB NZ estimates the twilight series could provide an uplift in domestic turnover of $2million, while NZTR’s Australian wagering partners estimate an increase of around 15% in turnover.
Recognising the fact that twilight meetings impact participants, specifically trainers with staff and horses having to travel back from meetings which finish after 7pm, NZTR has attempted to keep these meetings close to key training centres where possible. For the purposes of this trial there are no twilight meetings in the South Island.
Submissions for the Directions paper closed at the end of November and were received from a wide cross-section of participants. This included responses to questions regarding other twilight alternatives NZTR might consider and whether twilight meetings should be more widely spread; and whether there would be support for further changes to the calendar should the twilight series prove successful.
For the purposes of the trial, NZTR has worked with the meetings that were already set in the calendar for this season to avoid disruption. If the trial is successful, and considering feedback from the Directions paper, venues at which the twilight meetings would be held in future seasons could be revisited.
The full schedule is:
12 January, Matamata RC
19 January, Waikato RC
26 January, Matamata RC (moved from 24 January)
2 February, Waikato RC
9 February, Matamata RC
16 February, Racing Tauranga
23 February, Auckland TRI@ Pukekohe
2 March, Hawkes Bay RI
9 March, Otaki Maori RC
16 March, South Waikato RC (Matamata)   

That's ok then. Obviously a lot of thought has been put into the whole concept by some well paid consultants. Just a pity these great thinkers were let down by humble track workers.