RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

The meeting that FIRES up NZ .....Karaka night !

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

How big a loss is Jamie Richards going to be to NZ racing...an outstanding trainer way beyond his years.

Not if you believe what a certain other site owner posts!!! Then again he's always right even when proven wrong.🙄 Probably explains his declining patronage

A great opportunity for a successful and intelligent young man. The HKJC don't  select new trainers on a whim, they do extensive research

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

How big a loss is Jamie Richards going to be to NZ racing...an outstanding trainer way beyond his years...and yes he has a team around him but so have many others before him...predicting he will be a kiwi flag bearer up there and don't think we will ever see him back here to train again...I think he will give the premiership up there a huge shake in years to come...wish him and Danielle all the best.

Absolutely, highly successful and professional both Jamie and Danielle. It isn't by chance that they are both the best at their professions ... what a team, I'm sure we will see them again one day.

2 hours ago, Palliser said:

Absolutely, highly successful and professional both Jamie and Danielle. It isn't by chance that they are both the best at their professions ... what a team, I'm sure we will see them again one day.

Maybe for a visit or for sales but not to train here again..he is gone for good...anyone who thinks he won't succeed and will be back in two or three years is way off track...he will get huge support and huge budgets from owners to buy the best...the guy is one out of the box...I think one of the best to come out of NZ. Oh and I know you can say he had the cattle...yes he did but he got great results with them...far better than any of his predecessors with the same access to the same cattle.Anyway just my opinion for what its worth.I think Mark Walker as good a trainer as he is has big shoes to fill...and all the best to him in doing that.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, TurnyTom said:

TM you certainly weave apologies for NZ racing and your latest effort is a delight.

HQ is Flemington a superb track it is where they run the MC, Melbourne Cup.

Enjoy the corporates and the manufactured crowd with the big punting purse and in 4 races we have odds on favs, no thanks give me HQ or Royal Randwick with their two  4 tiered public stands mostly full on Saturdays, that's 20000 on course.

Anyway when I lived in Auckland for 25 years rarely missed a meet in Greenlane and have fond memories of Boxing Day and NY day when NZ had racing. Sadly gone of course.

Gotta go race coming up at Randwick, want to see how my hundy goes

Your fond memories Tom.......7000 folk had many yesterday. Most had a great day . with many good divis as well !

The place has changed a lot in recent times and the facilities much better now...new stables superb !

You enjoyed 2 x great days annually there ......there are now 6 days excellent days racing annually now and the Karaka day is the one that has increased in t/o year on year the most in recent years.
By the way HQ is a restaurant in the Viaduct .

Bit of a stretch to compare NZ racing with Randwick......probably world class there ! Only Reefton and Kumara  in NZ match that it seems.

I note a few of the Aussie tracks were 'off ' yesterday and one meeting abandoned today cos cars and buildings on course were on fire....even Aussie has its bad moments !

The Ellerslie track has played pretty well in recent times and further upgrade imminent.

Keep betting on only Aussie races with only Aussie agencies .....but many on here are wondering why you not only feel so good about this , but feel necessary to jump on here regularly and remind us !

And I lived much of my life in South Island ,including your Christchurch  so I know a bit about Cantabs !

Thanks TM, I don't post that often really - just every now and then to keep balance.

Sure was a good day from all accounts.

Will stick with Royal Randwick and HQ at Flemington, tho agree one is developing a shocking leaders bias, but I am sure one of the 9 groundstaff is onto it

1 hour ago, TurnyTom said:

Thanks TM, I don't post that often really - just every now and then to keep balance.

Will stick with Royal Randwick and HQ at Flemington, tho agree one is developing a shocking leaders bias, but I am sure one of the 9 groundstaff is onto it

How could you possibly bet on 95% of tracks in NZ...just look at Trentham...I agree with you Tom on a lot of what you say but Ellerslie is one that seems fairly well managed and once its upgraded it should be world class.

Agree Leigh, my two favorite NZ tracks Riccarton and Trentham have serious issues and I simply cannot bet on them, I just hope the AWT at Riccarton is a success and from what I am hearing it will be, I hope so

Yes Ellerslie heading in the right direction but getting people on course seems the bigger issue

9 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Agree Leigh, my two favorite NZ tracks Riccarton and Trentham have serious issues and I simply cannot bet on them, I just hope the AWT at Riccarton is a success and from what I am hearing it will be, I hope so

Yes Ellerslie heading in the right direction but getting people on course seems the bigger issue

It is funny how it works eh. My local track, Ellerslie, I seldom have success at. Trentham...sometimes. Riccarton  - always manage to find a winner there. No real idea why. 

I agree that some of our tracks need a spruce up. Facilities at Ellerslie seem better. Cup of tea, decent sandwich, chips for the lad. All seemed in order on a very busy Saturday last weekend. 

On 1/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, Leggy said:

Mine is too. Used to go to Ellerslie every year for the Jan 1/2 festival as I said but not since they were disbanded. Not much interest in restricted races as I said and probably have better things to do than waste time even watching them or betting on them. That's just me. But enjoy the night out.

Sounds you were a regular in a previous era.......probably some 20 years since there were meetings on successive days Jan 1 and Jan 2.

The good old days when BYO families packed the infield on New Years Day.

Much more relaxed and comfortable now . Go some time you may be pleasantly surprised . 

Anticipating your next comment...."at what cost to industry  , heavily subsidised by small clubs etc etc " , I was amused by your recent comparison with Ellerslie and the once a year West Coast clubs " . Maybe you were kidding !

16 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Good on  ya Tom !

Dunno about the balance as you definitely lean to supporting the more negative views on NZ racing.

And in a recent post you say you prefer Riccarton and Trentham but to balance that you say you only bet on Aussie races.

I think it only natural that one paints a picture  of the posters on here who are mainly anonymous. There was a post a while back where the thread was about the top 5 racecourses in NZ.I think you were the only poster who never had Ellerslie in the top5. Along with some of your other posts with a very strong South Island bias I pictured you as the folk who used to sit at the rugby [ Crusaders v Blues ] with a sign 'I hate Auckland '. Even tho supporting the Crusaders myself , I laughed very hard when after an intercept near line Carlos Spencer ran the length of field and then casually walked over to the crowd and placed the ball in the corner...then kicked the conversion ! 

Interesting too that you love the new Randwick set up ,with the new stand etc when my experience of Australian racing...in the flash stands ...is a jacket and tie and even in searing heat , men may not take off their jackets...A far cry from the bowels of the Shirley TAB. 

Hope to see you in the North sometime and host you at a decent meeting , including a trip to HeadQuarters in the Viaduct ,and we'll get your glass half full !

By Richard Callander
02:58pm • 25 January 2022
Comments

I'm back in the seat after a brief spell in the paddock and there's plenty to talk about – so here it goes!

MOST OUTRAGEOUSLY INCORRECT TWEET WINNER OF THE YEAR ALREADY!

If you are starting 2022 with the goal of writing the silliest and most ridiculous tweet of the year, I’m sorry but the race is over.

Bloodstock agent Andrew Williams has claimed victory a long way out from the winning post – with over 11 months still to run.

Williams claimed Racing NSW and Peter V’landys have shown complete arrogance by not rolling out the red carpet and enticing Kiwi trainer Jamie Richards to train in Australia.

You just have to laugh when people get out of their lane.

On top of that, the man who has made a lot of his income from decisions made by V’landys and Racing NSW claimed they have been too busy playing mind games with Victoria and missed what could have been “one of their biggest strategic moves”.

Excuse me while I laugh a bit more.

Well said Henry. Complete arrogance shown by @racing_nsw and Peter V'landys. To busy playing mind games with VIC, yet this could have been one of their biggest strategic moves https://t.co/gHVtRPB9T7

— Andrew Williams (@AWilliamsBldstk) January 22, 2022

V’landys has made Sydney the envy of nearly every other racing jurisdiction but Williams isn’t happy.

We get to see the best of the Te Akau horses here in Australia that Richards prepares but realistically the majority of them would struggle at the provincials.

Where would Mr. Williams like Richards to train in Sydney? Are there vacant stables I’m not aware of? 

The likes of Waller, Baker and Neasham came to Australia and Richards is welcome to do the same.

How do you think the current trainers would cop it if Racing NSW rolled out the red carpet for Richards with stables and a bunch of horses?

Mind you that isn’t the role of Racing NSW. 

The regulators role isn’t to offer a training business and set up to a foreign trainer.

Mr. Williams is earning big money buying horses, many of them expensive. Why is bloodstock so expensive?

Well, Mr. Williams, it’s because of the work done by Racing NSW and Mr. V’landys who continually add millions of dollars to the prizemoney pool year after year and give your clients the confidence to keep reinvesting.

At the recent hugely successful Magic Millions sales, Newgate supremo Henry Field spoke on the topic.

“It’s a sign of the strength of the industry. It’s a sign that the broad participation across all levels of the market. It’s just that we are in a golden era,” Field said.

“Racing is in a golden era.”

If the industry is in such a ‘GOLDEN ERA’ could the ill-informed attack by Williams on Racing NSW and Peter V’landys be because NSW powerbrokers are more focused on continuing its successful approach of building participation, the promotion of the industry, the financial returns to owners and participants and building a healthy bottom line rather than the pattern of black type races?

Did I strike a chord?

Andrew, again in the words of high profile breeder Henry Field, “Racing is in a golden era”, and to quote the great Jack Nicholson:

“I (PVL) have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide (your income), and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way”.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, Gruff said:

Must say very enjoyable day and a happy vocal crowd , probably the best place to be in Auckland today by a margin.I noticed one of the stable hands injured in the back parade ring ,hope all is well . Thanks Tassie....

You wouldn't of guessed we were on the cusp of another of aderns restrictions watching racegoers condense around the back of the members stand today,great to see some normal Human behaviour and unvaxed in attendance 

I hope the stable hand is alright too. He lay there for at least 35 minutes waiting for an ambulance without even moving. There was one on course and there was no race running so they should have atte3nded to him. It was not good enough. He got totally bowled by a horse and somone that was there at the start reckons his rib had punctured through his skin. If the case internal bleeding could have been a big problem and he was left to wat for ambo.