RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bestbets

Whip Rules

I finally caught up with the replay from Ellerslie on the 9th Jan and watched Race 5 where La Crique beats The Perfect Pink and see that Opie gets 6 days. Personally, I think its rather concerning that from my view he hits the horse 4 times and not in consecutive strides. C Grylls uses the whip 5 times in consecutive strides and nothing said at all. 

I guess this is all over the minority group of animal lovers that seem to get a louder voice than anyone and are changing the way racing is conducted. Next target will be the Zoo once they finish with the racing industry and ruin it. The parasites of the woke world continues and everyone bows to their demands well time to give them the i finger salute and fight back.

Would of Levante won if not given the whip 7 times seeing the margin was so close. And how is a jockey who is emotionally driven in a tight finish meant to all of a sudden stop and think bloody hell I better stop hitting the horse and lose the race. I know as a punter I'm going to start losing interest in betting in large amounts if my selection loses from not been ridden out.

Personally losing the few good jockeys we have left to suspension all the time isn't good for the game, give them a fine and be done with it and stop running like babies because some animal nutters want to stop racing.

6 hours ago, bestbets said:

I finally caught up with the replay from Ellerslie on the 9th Jan and watched Race 5 where La Crique beats The Perfect Pink and see that Opie gets 6 days. Personally, I think its rather concerning that from my view he hits the horse 4 times and not in consecutive strides. C Grylls uses the whip 5 times in consecutive strides and nothing said at all. 

I guess this is all over the minority group of animal lovers that seem to get a louder voice than anyone and are changing the way racing is conducted. Next target will be the Zoo once they finish with the racing industry and ruin it. The parasites of the woke world continues and everyone bows to their demands well time to give them the i finger salute and fight back.

Would of Levante won if not given the whip 7 times seeing the margin was so close. And how is a jockey who is emotionally driven in a tight finish meant to all of a sudden stop and think bloody hell I better stop hitting the horse and lose the race. I know as a punter I'm going to start losing interest in betting in large amounts if my selection loses from not been ridden out.

Personally losing the few good jockeys we have left to suspension all the time isn't good for the game, give them a fine and be done with it and stop running like babies because some animal nutters want to stop racing.

The Funny thing about all this is most people involved in this industry are Animal Nutters.

This whole perception in this scenario is the word "WHIP".

When you bring up the word whip, people think pain and suffering, which in my view is wrong with the whips of today.

If you go back some years ago when the whips were made, they are completely different from the ones used today.

The whips are padded and soft, where as years ago they had leather flaps which could be soaked in water to make them hard and when you riders like W Skelton J Dowling and R Vance, they along with others could leave stripes on a horses rump. I have no doubt that this can't happen now, we have come a long way in horse welfare and another positive is the banning of spurs, these  items could inflict more pain than whips, they had very small heads on them , not much different to a large nail and did leave small puncture holes in the horse.

I think that NZTR tried to appease the masses, but clearly got there policy and or policing wrong and Opie Bosson"s case is a perfect example of that

We are now well behind the 8 ball on this. https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/swedish-racing-bans-the-whip/

Jockeys in Sweden will no longer be able to use the whip for encouragement when the new racing season begins in that country on Apr. 10. Swedish racing authority Svensk Galopp has published a new rule that will allow jockeys to carry the crop, but only use it “to ward off a dangerous situation.” Recently, jockeys in Sweden have been allowed to hit their horses three times in a race. The whip, however, has not been allowed in jumps racing or for 2-year-old racing.

Helena Gartner, project manager of the Scandinavian Racing Regulations Committee, said, “The use of the whip in Sweden has been discussed for years. The regulations have changed gradually and the foam-padded sticks were introduced some years ago, but now it is time to ban the use of the whip completely. Whip use in horse racing simply does not belong in 2022.”

On 1/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, bestbets said:

A comment from K Myers today "Racing only sport in the world where you can break the rules and still win"

13 minutes ago, Crow said:

A comment from K Myers today "Racing only sport in the world where you can break the rules and still win"

That's the ludicrous thing about it, you either have it or don't 

2022 says you don't, they can enforce it correctly and we have moved on with knowledge

5 hours ago, Crow said:

KMyers a great trainer but possibly doesn't watch many other sports.

Break the rules in most sports and you get a warning or penalty while the race / game in progress .

Examples from race sports , in yachting a boat may have to perform an extra turn or walking race a competitor receives warnings before disqualification.

If he referring to whip rules , is disqualification of the horse one of the remedies ?

If not then it is a rule that can be broken without disqualification of the horse ,but with a penalty to the transgressor ........just like in many sports of the world !

58 minutes ago, tasman man said:

KMyers a great trainer but possibly doesn't watch many other sports.

Break the rules in most sports and you get a warning or penalty while the race / game in progress .

Examples from race sports , in yachting a boat may have to perform an extra turn or walking race a competitor receives warnings before disqualification.

If he referring to whip rules , is disqualification of the horse one of the remedies ?

If not then it is a rule that can be broken without disqualification of the horse ,but with a penalty to the transgressor ........just like in many sports of the world !

So you are suggesting time penalties for any contact over the threshold, maybe in increments of 0.01 on top of other relevant fines and penalties. Sounds fair

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

So you are suggesting time penalties for any contact over the threshold, maybe in increments of 0.01 on top of other relevant fines and penalties. Sounds fair

If you happen to watch a bit of sport all penalties are dealt with at the time of incident and the other side is awarded an advantage haven't seen that in a race finish any where in the world

1 hour ago, Crow said:

If you happen to watch a bit of sport all penalties are dealt with at the time of incident and the other side is awarded an advantage haven't seen that in a race finish any where in the world

Not always.....in cricket ,time wasting and other penalties are after completion.

ie.....a % of match fee or fine. 

Ditto many sports.

3 hours ago, tasman man said:

Not always.....in cricket ,time wasting and other penalties are after completion.

ie.....a % of match fee or fine. 

Ditto many sports.

Though that would be a fine  and yes they do get to keep the win but a least you get the point of the matter