RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Time for a look at the 1200m start point at Trentham

The doubt about the 1200 at Trentham has been around for a long time.

Remembering Blueblood and his time back in the 70s. 1.06 and change when winning the Telegraph.

Is there a need to talk about this subject again?

8 hours ago, Leggy said:

It's definitely one of the fastest 1200s in the world and partly as p4p says because it's downhill. Pretty simple job for someone to go for a stroll with a GPS device and confirm the distance is correct.

More so Leggy that today they found the race was 11 metres too short 

Race 8 JR & N BERKETT TELEGRAPH (G1) 1200
Stewards inquired into the time of this race. It was found that the barriers had been positioned approximately 11 metres forward of the 1200 metre start at the 3200 metre start, which was not clearly marked. Stewards reminded Starter G Philips of his obligation with regard to ensuring that the barriers are positioned at the correct start point for each race.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

The gap between the starting stalls and the end of the 1200 metre chute seemed to me to be bigger than it has been in the past.

Confirmed today as 11 metres bigger

Stewards inquired into the time of this race. It was found that the barriers had been positioned approximately 11 metres forward of the 1200 metre start at the 3200 metre start, which was not clearly marked. Stewards reminded Starter G Philips of his obligation with regard to ensuring that the barriers are positioned at the correct start point for each race.

The gap between the starting stalls and the end of the 1200 metre chute seemed to me to be bigger than it has been in the past.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:51 PM, John Clydesdale said:

How pathetic is it that we cannot have an accurate time for a time honoured Group 1!! Not recorded by hand, but electronically. Reminds me of a three legged sack race at the Christmas Party for Mums and daughters……………..

Our accurate distance 

More so Found  that today they found the race was 11 metres

Stewards inquired into the time of this race. It was found that the barriers had been positioned approximately 11 metres forward of the 1200 metre start at the 3200 metre start, which was not clearly marked. Stewards reminded Starter G Philips of his obligation with regard to ensuring that the barriers are positioned at the correct start point for each race

What a joke this all becoming. A Dead 4 and they cant even race against the rail and yet a Dead 4 at Ellerslie and they race against the rail. Des Coppins your column will be hilarious this week when you tell us the rail was okay yet again. When will you own up to the fact you have no idea on your track.

Accountability...... In my job, let's say I pack our 500kg powdered product 11 kg light..... The customer check weighs it..... My initials on the packing sheet..... I get a very stern verbal warning from my boss..... I muck something else up a week later.... I get a written warning...... Trentham - Starting gates in the wrong place and then 2 gate's didn't even open a few races later.... 🤔 Just saying. 

It had to be...although very very good, Levante couldn't have beaten the 2yo's by 12.5 lengths...that was the anomaly. The down hill shouldn't have had anything to do with it because the 1100m is 100m in front of the 1200m start point. Eleven meters short....One length is approx 2.4m. so 4.4 lengths inaccurate which means beating the babies by 7.5 lengths which is sort of believable

As I said, when we were tasked to supply a timing system, we couldn't. The actual race distance and the published race distance wasn't the same. We advised that every race track be officially surveyed and the starting protocols standardised. That this wasn't done under Bernard's rule was unacceptable on many levels but nobody wanted to listen. For the love of me I couldn't understand why.

9 hours ago, Just Looking said:

More so Leggy that today they found the race was 11 metres too short 

Quite incredible that this happened for one of our premier races, or for any race at all for that matter. Did one of the jockeys not realise and mention it to the starter, or one of the attendants?

2 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Quite incredible that this happened for one of our premier races, or for any race at all for that matter. Did one of the jockeys not realise and mention it to the starter, or one of the attendants?

Makes you wonder how long they have been starting the 1200s there from the 3200 start point.

13 hours ago, Kingshill said:

Unbelievable 😮

So.... It could be argued that Roch n Horse, with the extra 11 metres could have got the deciding stride in..... And now be a Group 1 winner 🤔

Isnt he the same guy who was in charge and forgot to check all the 1600M barriers were hooked up to power...Everyone makes mistakes but the buck stops with the boss...look at what happened to the starter after Ellerslie fiasco a couple of years back...if you are in charge then you must take the fall.