RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fredd002

No power?

Was there no power connected to the outside set of stalls in the last at Trentham? Two horses locked in the gates at the start.  If no power, who is responsible for the connection?

2 hours ago, Fredd002 said:

Was there no power connected to the outside set of stalls in the last at Trentham? Two horses locked in the gates at the start.  If no power, who is responsible for the connection?

From the stewards report: . When questioned the starter and barrier personnel confirmed that the barriers had been tested prior to the race and operated normally. The outside two barriers form part of a set of four barriers which attach to the larger set of fourteen barriers and are to be fully checked and tested prior to next being used at Trentham next Saturday.

1 hour ago, MissJools said:

From the stewards report: . When questioned the starter and barrier personnel confirmed that the barriers had been tested prior to the race and operated normally. The outside two barriers form part of a set of four barriers which attach to the larger set of fourteen barriers and are to be fully checked and tested prior to next being used at Trentham next Saturday.

Not much comfort to the connections of the two horses affected...... Not like there are $40k races for R65 in the CD every week 😡

Im pretty sure while everyone looks at the CD, I remember races starting up  north with not all horses loaded, oh that's right Ellerslie and had a Premier day called off before the last (hole in the track). For some reason its all a major when it happens in the CD!? 

59 minutes ago, Grey Ghost said:

Im pretty sure while everyone looks at the CD, I remember races starting up  north with not all horses loaded, oh that's right Ellerslie and had a Premier day called off before the last (hole in the track). For some reason its all a major when it happens in the CD!? 

Very sensitive tonight ?

Be nice , Aucklanders have been protecting you sad lot from the virus !

Trentham still has the odd good day !

36 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Oi, don't have a go at me.  I'm just the messenger, not my fault the gates didn't open!!

Settle petal........ Wasn't having a go...... Was just thinking about the connections of the affected horses and how annoyed they would be ✌️

46 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No matter which way you look at it wherever it happens it just shows how unprofessional NZ racing is or has become...there is no way it was hooked up I bet money on it...if it was they would have opened.

Exactly my thoughts...... Imagine if it had of happened in the Telegraph 😯 People would be after blood..... But bring a R65 race it will get swept under the carpet 🤔

Yet again the Raceday operations crew escape any form of punishment ( I’m ok with that, we’re all human ) but meantime the RIB, and John Oatham in particular, want Wiremu Pinn’s license pulled because he’s not of suitable character in a modern professional racing world !!!!

FFS are they drunk at head office ?? 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Charlie Bukowski said:

It's ok , they can look forward to the $250 travel subsidy - same as SI based My Tycoon Rose's connections received after the Capt Cook sham.

Oh so is that why the so called South Island's leading trainer wasn't at Trentham chasing the $10k South Island Trainers bonus? Had he already thrown his toys out of the cot when the bonus was announced maybe?

5 hours ago, fermoy said:

Oh so is that why the so called South Island's leading trainer wasn't at Trentham chasing the $10k South Island Trainers bonus? Had he already thrown his toys out of the cot when the bonus was announced maybe?

Its okay RICHARD you can have as many goes at me as you like I have been the leading trainer for many years and my son Matthew and I continue to be, fact - not so called!! With close to 2000 winners out of our stable I am very proud of our achievements as a family based business, which includes our rock, my wife Diane.

The $10,000 SI trainers bonus was announced many months ago, you may not have known that, I certainly did!! In fact I was told (even) well before it was announced.

I did not throw any toys out of the cot I made a judgement call that it was not in our stables interest to support this years WRC CUP carnival, especially after the pathetic compensation NZTR gave to those owners so badly treated when the Wellington Meeting was abandoned. That is the connections of both Okay Pal and Miss Tycoon Rose who have some nice races in South Island to target and we may venture North at a later date this season.

I explained to my equal partner in Okay Pal that if we went a blinder and ran second to either of the two top class mares that were favoured to win it, our future would be limited 

CASE IN POINT,  Roch "N" Horse has gone from a rating of 86 to now being a rating of 96, a massive 10 point increase in rating points. THE FOURTH HORSE -CAN I GET AN AMEN- GOT 4 POINTS AND WENT FROM 77 TO 81!!!!!!

Now Richard, you may not understand rating and handicapping, I'm sure with your limited intellect you don't, but I DO!!! One L J Molloy will vouch for me!!!!

So what rating would Okay Pal have got if he managed to run second off a rating of 79 would he have gone up 17 points, probably

AND unless you ran in the first two it wasn't worth the exercise, my wife Diane won the rating 65 at Waikouaiti and received only $2,375 less than the 3rd place getter in the Gp 1, The open handicap winners at Waikouaiti received $500 more than the 3rd place getter in the Telegraph, Seikrid is now a rating 67 horse, she also got 4 points but close to $9000 more than Can I Get An Amen received for its fourth placing.

I have no beef at all with WRC, I spoke with Des Coppins about this, I and our owners looked at the overall picture and decided it is in our horses and our owners interest to stay home and support the good racing coming up in the South Island. Considering the trainers prize would have been selfish on our part, so it was never considered.

I can assure you RICHARD, that our results at Waikouaiti, a club that has been a big part of our South Island's leading trainer position for many years, were very rewarding, considerably more than the $10,000 trainers prize on offer spread over the three days which now is over two weeks

PS Richard Cranium suits you ferry why don't you tell us who you are instead of taking potshots at the South Islands so called leading trainer.

If there are better Trainers than Team Pitman at placing there horses, i have yet to see them.

I have always thought Michael in particular, thinks outside the square when it comes to getting the best returns for his owners.

Just trying to think of the horses name that won over a dozen races that in my opinion was the best placed horse i have seen. it was no champion, but had had enough ability  to win races when well placed.

Just my opinion.

49 minutes ago, Midget said:

If there are better Trainers than Team Pitman at placing there horses, i have yet to see them.

I have always thought Michael in particular, thinks outside the square when it comes to getting the best returns for his owners.

Just trying to think of the horses name that won over a dozen races that in my opinion was the best placed horse i have seen. it was no champion, but had had enough ability  to win races when well placed.

Just my opinion.

One of these, Midget? Wins are in the second column:

All Seasons - Most Wins on a Runner Statistics

Horse Wins Wins (%) Place Place (%) Starts PM AUD(%) ROI
OUR GENES 23 17.3% 32 41.4% 133 $224,841 $1.52
BORNINTHESTATES 16 18.6% 22 44.2% 86 $303,238 $0.8
EL CHICO 14 21.5% 9 35.4% 65 $332,373 $1.47
COUP ALIGN 13 54.2% 1 58.3% 24 $341,913 $1.52
PEYOW PEYOW 13 13.4% 16 29.9% 97 $134,272 $0.79
EEL WIN 12 25.5% 13 53.2% 47 $238,287 $0.75
COUP BLOOMSBURY 12 18.2% 21 50.0% 66 $209,520 $0.82
MISS MAXIMUSS 11 21.6% 16 52.9% 51 $130,774 $0.75
NIGHT LIFE 10 11.6% 15 29.1% 86 $59,440 $1.08
VINTNER 10 15.6% 18 43.8% 64 $66,911 $0.68
PASCO 10 14.9% 22 47.8% 67 $85,167 $0.29
FELLINI 10 17.5% 17 47.4% 57 $74,845 $1.08
BEKS 10 18.2% 10 36.4% 55 $88,645 $0.34
ZEDDANE 9 14.8% 22 50.8% 61 $106,504 $0.53
SAVEUR 9 18.4% 11 40.8% 49 $160,925 $0.36

Uneasy, your points make sense to me, and along with travel to Welly V travel to Wingatui, and the stakes at the meeting were not to be sneezed at either. Your team had a good day out, your wife would have given you a drink?