RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Pokie rort??

Would this pass the smell test?

The Portage Licencing Trust, a West Auckland based trust has declared that of the 1 million plus it derived from its 6 West Auckland bars for allocation to charities in the 9 months to March 31st 2011 it has decided to give $75,000, yes that's seventy five thousand dollars, to an obscure Queenstown based organisation called the Wakatipu Trails Trust.

Portage is part of the Trusts Community Foundation Ltd.

Anyone know anyone tied up with that crowd who has connections in Queenstown??

Portage Licensing Trust

Trustees (Elected Trust Board members) - following 2010 ElectionsPresident - Ross Clow, Deputy President - Lorraine Wilson QSM JP, Trustees - Derek Battersby JP, Ami Chand JP, Janet Clews CNZM QSO JP, Catherine Farmer, Neil Henderson, Duncan MacDonald JP, Rebecca Robertson, Sandra Taylor JP

My point is that the recipient is hardly an obscure cause.

As for the distribution of grants I too find it distasteful given their website states the following:

The Trusts welcome your organisation

And Portage is part of which greater Trust?? oh bugger it you're an idiot I'll help you out.

Portage is part of the TTCF, The Trusts Charitable Foundation Ltd, and the directors (5 of) as listed in today's paper include one Murray Charles Acklin, company director of Queenstown.

He is also listed as being on the Net Proceeds Committee.

Are you sure it's not the Trusts Community Foundation Sheriff? http://www.ttcfltd.org.nz/

I have seen that name/acronym mentioned but the detail provided by me today was straight from today's SST, section B, p8 & 9.

The usual 'person of interest' (they are the words of Mike Hill of the DIA not mine) was listed there as a director of TTCF.

I think you'll find TTCF succeeded the old entity as there was a problem with their trust deed that precluded sports grants.

It was a simpler morphing exercise though, what's known in the trade as "putting lipstick on a pig", and the same old pig was there, plastered in lipstick.

You are correct as usual Sheriff and I am fully with you on this. I notice it didn't take NZTR long to get its foot back in the till either. Wonder where that went.

[align=left][/align]

The Trusts Community Foundation Limited

Approved Applications - 11 June 2010 to 31 March 2011

NZ Thoroughbred Racing Inc.

Just be aware that many of these grants are legitimate as they are of TAB extraction and you'll find the NZTR grants fall into that category.

My gripe is that many are not made to, or in, the area in which they were derived, that's a breach of their stated intention, and the magnitude of some grants to various entites, often southern racing entities, is quite out of proportion with what you'd expect, eg Otago Racing some 560,000 from funds that were sourced largely from the North Island.

As usual involving this bloke, if it looks like a pig, it grunts like a pig & stinks like a pig...you're pretty safe saying we're looking at another pig with his grubby prints all over it.

Yeahh...I don't see how Rotorua or Bay of Plaenty or Matamata would qualify, for example and Rotorua seems to have had a number of projects all costing $3715 which seems a bit odd.

Rotorua Racing Club Inc.

Rotorua Racing Club Inc.

Rotorua Racing Club Inc.

Rotorua Racing Club Inc.

Rotorua Racing Club Inc.

I wonder how many grant applications have failed to get a mention in this article? Personally I am aware of at least two applications that TTCF formally declined in the CD region that don't appear to be mentioned.

And, yes, they were 'complying', so don't appear on that list either.

An oversight? Maybe, maybe not.

Perhaps you'd point out chamezzzn which of the CD declined complying grants you are referring to:

http://www.ttcfltd.org.nz/files/user/Fi ... TTCF%20Ltd)%20Webiste.pdf

I will not name them, but will say that they are two registered charitable trusts that benefit their local community.

These organisations have nothing whatsoever to do with the racing industry

I will not name them, but will say that they are two registered charitable trusts that benefit their local community.

These organisations have nothing whatsoever to do with the racing industry

And, they don't appear on your list or the list in today's paper.

And, they don't appear on your list or the list in today's paper.

So you are saying that two applicants had compliant grant applications declined during the period but are not reported by the trust? That's a serious claim. In light of the Sheriff's policy, I'd say it might be time for details and evidence.

So you are saying that two applicants had compliant grant applications declined during the period but are not reported by the trust? That's a serious claim. In light of the Sheriff's policy, I'd say it might be time for details and evidence.

I will take the issue up directly with the Trust and if not satisified with the response then it will be the DIA