RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Hmmmmm....

Who in here was totally convinced on Krug's performance yesterday? if the go button to aus for him is on, then I reckon the horse that almost caught him HotAndTreacerous should be goin too! boyyyy he ran him close, too bloody close hope his owners are thinkin on it hard....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Who in here was totally convinced on Krug's performance yesterday? if the go button to aus for him is on, then I reckon the horse that almost caught him HotAndTreacerous should be goin too! boyyyy he ran him close, too bloody close hope his owners are thinkin on it hard....

Cheers Iraklis

Krug has the form on the board with the Double Nz Derby's wins last year and a 3rd in Qld Derby. Hard to beat wherever he goes.

But don't forget the Jewels at Cambridge last Winter. Krug had the drop on B D Joe , with a suckalong trail and couldn't beat him sprint-laning. 'Hot And Treacherous' closed in on both of them on the line for 3rd, after being 3 wide most of last lap in a Great run to go so close.

Hot and Treacherous is a Very Very  Good horse ...... and is getting closer to Krug all the time.

Pure mate I had to laugh, if that was Krug in beast mode then HotAndTreacherous must've been in bid bad monster mode 🤣 don't get me wrong that was bloody good run by Krug but the eyecatcher for mine was the runner up, from behind like that and to take that much ground off Krug who I might add wasn't shaggin about either.....Krug is gunna meet some as tough in aus, just sayin 😀 I wish them all the best for their trip over the ditch, hope he gets to show em what he's really like ie. The Derby 21 with the Iceman aboard corr....now that was beast mode

Cheers Iraklis

Hi guys from the centre of the universe( in harness terms), Canterbury.

Horses always look good chasing, it’s different when you have to go out and do the work, like Krug did last night. He went supppeeeerr.

Widest gate, did most of the work, come and catch me and they couldn’t, in track record time. Don’t think H&T could’ve done that.

His defining moment for mine was his Northern Derby win , amazing. Anyway, anytime , anyone takes on the Aussies, go the Kiwis!

Agreed H&T  is a fantastic horse Iraklis and would be competitive in Aussie if he went.

Dalgety will not have had Krug at absolute peak fitness for a $25k race so close to him heading off to Aussie and you can bet he will improve a length or two over there.

As Keepingthemhonest said above, to go a 1.52.7 mile rate from the widest draw doing all the work was a great effort...  H&T had nice cover all the way and still couldn't run him down.

Krug is a horse some people tend to underestimate.  Could never understand why bookies opened him at 2nd fav for NZ Derby after he had completely demolished the GN Derby field.

Still I was happy to take advantage of that.

Lamour, but he (H&T) came so damn close 😀 and for that matter so did the Belle rocketin down outside good to see her back to somethin like her ol self.....oh I have no doubts about Krug and his abilities I hope this time in aus he shows them his very best beast mode......

Cheers Iraklis

6 hours ago, Iraklis said:

and for that matter so did the Belle rocketin down outside

Good to see her returning to form,  but really Iraklis,  she was 3.5 lengths from Krug and was never going to get anywhere near him in a hundred years

Lamour mate not knockin Krug 🙂 just sayin for mine, do not think he was in beast mode at Cambridge, and would need to be when takin on the aussies shortly, the two horses that chased him home the other night got too close in the run home (most especially H&T) not sayin Belle would've beat him; just sayin look how much ground they made up on him. Sure he got across ran it from the front (on the marker pegs) etc etc, the other two were one out the whole race, and, had to come from behind, and step round other runners to make their challenges; come on lamour bet you were one who said to yourself hell H&T wouldve had him in another couple of strides.....Krug, is a bloody big hand full for most other horses here when he's on, and then there's the other Krug, all I'm sayin is I hope for all get out that over the ditch he wows them like he has done here, his Derby with TonyH was beast mode plus! that's the one we need in aus this time.....

Cheers Iraklis

9 hours ago, Iraklis said:

do not think he was in beast mode at Cambridge, and would need to be when takin on the aussies shortly,

He won ok so all good. Krug had 3 Australian starts already with ANt's driving him at Redcliffe for a track record.

And Blair driving him at Albion Park in winter in 2 x Group 1's for a 3rd and a 4th to great kiwis Amazing Dream (rising Sun) and American Dealer (Qld Derby)

so he is just a fraction behind the very best , but doing ok. I think Tony let him run in GN Derby rather than 'pull himself into the ground'  You get Good results with Best drivers On ?? . 

Hot and Treacherous getting bettor all the time. He would win them in a row at Menangle like Cash and Flow did. (10 straight 1.50 miles a year or 2 ago)