RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Tipsters

Has anyone out there tried Des Coppins tipping line ? .. I haven't but thinking I should, the amount of times I see him saying he picked the card or got 5 or 6 winners, and 2 placings from 8 races etc. And only 2 picks per race, he must be rich.

22 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I can honestly say, I have never followed anyone else's tips in my life. If they were any good they wouldn't be tipping for all and sundry and ruining their own odds.

It's tough to make a living, so having a supplementary income is the only option for most.

Who ever said professional bettors are making big money? They typically make a low-to-mid income, which risks their personal wealth, unlike any other job.

Why is there this stigma that all professionals are big-time gamblers? They're trying to make a living, and giving out tips (usually after they have invested) is a way to pad the bank balance.

If he's a multi-millionaire it will  be because of the large amount of people apparently ,who believe the hype and ring these tipping lines, as opposed to making money from his own betting, and also from his cut of the sponsorship funds he raises as a Wellington Racing committee member , supposedly.

Use tips as a guide and not as a method to winning the lottery. 

Form analysts are of limited supply and offer expertise which promotes racing, generates interest and offers perspective on how to watch and follow horses.

Des Coppin's has made a life living and breathing racing, if you don't like his tips then don't buy them.

Here's a lovely doc available which can help you record your placed bets
https://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/google-sheets-betting-tracker/

On 1/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, Palliser said:

Has anyone out there tried Des Coppins tipping line ? .. I haven't but thinking I should, the amount of times I see him saying he picked the card or got 5 or 6 winners, and 2 placings from 8 races etc. And only 2 picks per race, he must be rich.

Didn't know it existed but ........... " If it looks too good to be true "

The other thing would be why would he bother to share this information ? I mean what would the same horses pay if he didn't .

He wasn't picking that many winners during the last 30 years.