RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Ooh Tiz Gunna Be Hard

Me fav Temporale, is takin on Bolt For Brilliance tonight in the trot and geez I'm torn, I love em both, but I wish they could draw this 🤗 and guys did yuh see True Fantasy, she cruised it, if only our local LadyOfTheLight could've been a few possies closer in the runnin.....

Oh an Happy New Year guys 😀 may 22 be a ripper for Harness yusssss!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Me fav Temporale, is takin on Bolt For Brilliance tonight in the trot and geez I'm torn, I love em both, but I wish they could draw this 🤗 and guys did yuh see True Fantasy, she cruised it, if only our local LadyOfTheLight could've been a few possies closer in the runnin.....

Oh an Happy New Year guys 😀 may 22 be a ripper for Harness yusssss!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Bolt For Brilliance, well done Tony H 3600 wins. WOW!!!

True Fantasy lived up to expectations after battling with Laver last start, bolted in tonight. She's the next Amazing Dream, I give you the tip. Dalgety filly Remember Me also impressive. She's out of Adore Me who was NZs best ever mare in my humble opinion, mate. She won it all on the track and is leaving winning foals too.

Your old mate Bad to the Bone went his usual honest race. 

I can't wait for Omakau, January 2. Laver will smash them as he is just as lethal over 2000m. Gerard will lead and use catch me if you can tactics again, last half in 54, I give you the tip. Thanks for coming. Go Laver!!!

Oh come on Nellie any horse who has to start off back marks all the time and still gets the job done, or runs 2nd, aint always gettin it easy in his races....was bloody good race 😀 Tempey parked out the whole way, and still fought Bolt in the run home, it was a mighty run from him 9yrs young tiz Tempey with the heart of Phar Lap, Bolt is a big bold young gun about to come into his own, and was always gunna be hard to hold out, don't he look great in full flight mode, love him..... 😀

Cheers Iraklis

PS. does anyone know what happened with Bettor Twist?

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Oh come on Nellie any horse who has to start off back marks all the time and still gets the job done, or runs 2nd, aint always gettin it easy in his races....was bloody good race 😀 Tempey parked out the whole way, and still fought Bolt in the run home, it was a mighty run from him 9yrs young tiz Tempey with the heart of Phar Lap, Bolt is a big bold young gun about to come into his own, and was always gunna be hard to hold out, don't he look great in full flight mode, love him..... 😀

Cheers Iraklis

Stewards: BETTOR TWIST - slow to begin. Lost ground during the middle stages and trailed the field. When questioned regarding the performance Co-Trainer/Driver M Purdon stated that the filly had raced lethargically throughout and could offer no explanation for the disappointing run. A post race veterinary examination revealed no abnormality. Stewards will follow up with connections in the coming days.

Not her night mate. I don't know if she has had a standing start before, probably not. She'll keep...

5 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Wasn't decrying Temporale's effort at all. He's a super horse who went a superb race parked all the way and the winners time was a race record. I'd be mighty proud if he was my horse! However, even you must admit he has had some easy wins at Auckland this year against small fields with "gift" handicaps given his form and ability. But those are the conditions set by the club, and I'd love to have a horse as great as Temporale to benefit from them😁.

Nelli, mate I'm glad you acknowledge his handicap conditions were set by the Club, however I personally wouldn't call his wins gifts or easy, he still has to put in the effort and he does so in spades hes honest as day is long 🙂 those wins they have all come from behind off handicaps, it can start to tell on a horse and he aint gettin any younger.....

Cheers Iraklis

He is usually a very good beginner and this an asset when off long marks.     I'm sure he will continue to pick up many cheques for a while yet and perhaps being off handicaps will be his ally as most of the guns will be saved for the classics where they fair scooting along these days.     Marvellous to own a horse like him - so many memories.

20 hours ago, Nelli said:

Wasn't decrying Temporale's effort at all. He's a super horse who went a superb race parked all the way and the winners time was a race record. I'd be mighty proud if he was my horse! However, even you must admit he has had some easy wins at Auckland this year against small fields with "gift" handicaps given his form and ability. But those are the conditions set by the club, and I'd love to have a horse as great as Temporale to benefit from them😁.

Swap the runs and Temporale beats BFB

1 hour ago, eljay said:

He is usually a very good beginner and this an asset when off long marks.     I'm sure he will continue to pick up many cheques for a while yet and perhaps being off handicaps will be his ally as most of the guns will be saved for the classics where they fair scooting along these days.     Marvellous to own a horse like him - so many memories.

For a R120 horse, he's not exactly off long marks relative to the R70 front, e.g.  just 20m with 6 or 7 in the field. His form shows how much chance his opposition had. Last 10 starts: 3111161212 with the 3rd being the Rowe Cup, the 6th when he was actually given a 55m hcp in a bigger field, and the 2 seconds to BFB. He's a great horse but imagine how owners of the other horses feel getting beat up week after week. And when age finally catches up with Temporale, BFB will be getting the same generous hcp. Temporale is a marvellous horse but surely handicapping is meant to even out the feild, not to give punters a sure bet.

Hey Nelli mate, perhaps you should really moan to the Club about his handicaps, I for one would not want to see him bein hammered off huge handicaps all the time, as I said he will try his guts out regardless and that'd not be an awesome watch would it? as I'm not a bettin person I just love to see him run, and I thank gawd they got him back to the races, that's it....why would you say that Bolt will be gettin the same 'generous' handicap? that cos that implies summit else, I mean you clearly got a gripe, perhaps you should take it to the right people, just sayin....yes Sickopunter, he's (Tempey) run him down before right on the line corr that was a race 😀

Cheers Iraklis

23 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Hey Nelli mate, perhaps you should really moan to the Club about his handicaps, I for one would not want to see him bein hammered off huge handicaps all the time, as I said he will try his guts out regardless and that'd not be an awesome watch would it? as I'm not a bettin person I just love to see him run, and I thank gawd they got him back to the races, that's it....why would you say that Bolt will be gettin the same 'generous' handicap? that cos that implies summit else, I mean you clearly got a gripe, perhaps you should take it to the right people, just sayin....yes Sickopunter, he's (Tempey) run him down before right on the line corr that was a race 😀

Cheers Iraklis

Sorry you're the recipient of my gripes😕. I've tried correspondence with Auckland in the past with little response other than acknowledging receipt.

When we lost the Harness Weekly, and its "Letters to the Editor" we little people lost an industry-wide safe forum to raise and discuss issues (and to get responses from officials that everyone could read).  I used that forum (and contributed articles) and was successful in influencing opinions and instigating changes. I've since joined several harness racing/breeding groups on Facebook but having seen how nasty some people get, am not prepared to open myself to abuse by raising issues there. I find Racecafe a much more considered forum to air my thoughts and know influential people do read posts 🙂.

We've trotters with 3 different trainers in the north and at all three stables, very similar industry frustrations (and possible solutions) are aired. I think HRNZ should have on their website the equivalent of a "Letters to the Editor". It would have to be heavily moderated but would allow all industry participants the option to have a voice, to share ideas (and data), and better understand each others perspectives and decisions.