RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Shock from Te Akau

19 hours ago, cjw said:

Don't be rude, please.

I'm not sure what i'll think of Donna Logan racing in Te Akau colours in Singapore, I hoped she would have made a move back to NZ.

I guess, if NZ is to benefit out of this we can only hope JR has success with NZ bred horses and if that's the case it could be a godsend.

He is a huge loss to NZ racing, he is a major drawcard to our younger audience and broadcasting... always available, always professional and he has delivered nothing but the best.

Has the n.z racing industry got a younger audience? Pretty thin on the ground if we have.

23 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

I wonder if Jamie tried to get Danielle a gig up there. Haven’t heard of any lady jockeys riding there though. 

K Cheung(?) rode up there and did very well initially, don't know what happened to her, and there have been some American jockey girls that have in the past as well.  She will be able to ride trackwork, as T Millards wife does, then she can get a license and ride JR's horses and then progress from there I believe.  Good Luck to them both, great opportunity for a young couple.  Not quite the racing jurisdiction it used to be but plenty of $$$.

19 hours ago, DatoStar said:

How soon for the TAB offer promotions on JR in Honkers ? There will be great interest from here on his runners ! 

Guessing never. Good luck finding a country which is co-mingling that hkjc will allow to take any kind of fixed odds markets.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, Nerula said:

Story I wrote on Te AKAU and DE.

Sweet story, Nerula.

If I wasn't so dreadfully-scared you might say 'Yes!', I'd offer you a couple of these Bailey's Irish Cream chocolates a business acquaintance couriered a box of which to me today!

Burp!

Pig? Moi?

Was that a one-off story, Nerula? Or are there others you can link me to?

i edit the Nz Owners Bulletin. Been doing that for 60 issues so there are a fair few interviews I've done. Early days Kim Clotworthy story. And also a Gerald Shand, if you are thinking about personalities. There are others of travel and Racing in Noumea also hosted to Churchill Downs, Melbourne and Caulfield Cup etc stories lurk in "Documents".

There are lots. Some of them you may find if you go to www.racehorseowner.co.nz. There are some archived there. There are also articles by others. 

There was a recent thread about Kentucky tornados and I put up a story of the remarkable Claiborne Farm. Have a look back.

If things here slow down i could put up one now and again but would need Scoobies Ok. I dont want to blow own trumpet.

Oh I certainly will.

Thanks!

I already knew you are a prominent racehorse owner so I guessed, especially the way your article was framed, that it was written for others 'in the trade', so to speak.

As for the not wanting to blow your own trumpet, it always fascinates me how so many great New Zealanders are so modest about their achievements.

I truly believe that if Muhammad Ali had been a Kiwi he'd have come up with some self-deprecating comment like 'I'm not bad', ha, rather than his 'I am the GREATEST!'...

The only thing prominent is my nose and maybe gut when I forget to suck it in.

For the record here I follow this site closely to see what the grassroots of racing is thinking so I can do my job (unpaid)

I had the fortune to have a leg in a good mare ,so I had a chance to "put back in" when I took over the Owners Bulletin. I said I would give 5 years to see Racing here in a better shape. Its been more than double that.

Karma will come back. "Doubly"