RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man

Shock from Te Akau

Both the Te Akau and Fortuna newsletters have announced big changes.

Jamie Richards leaving and off to Hong Kong to train .

Mark Walker returning to NZ as Te Akau trainer.

Te Akau Singapore being headed by Donna Logan.

Good they able to find such suitable replacements to fill big boots !

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

She gets around….:rolleyes:

Don't be rude, please.

I'm not sure what i'll think of Donna Logan racing in Te Akau colours in Singapore, I hoped she would have made a move back to NZ.

I guess, if NZ is to benefit out of this we can only hope JR has success with NZ bred horses and if that's the case it could be a godsend.

He is a huge loss to NZ racing, he is a major drawcard to our younger audience and broadcasting... always available, always professional and he has delivered nothing but the best.

1 hour ago, cjw said:

Don't be rude, please.

I'm not sure what i'll think of Donna Logan racing in Te Akau colours in Singapore, I hoped she would have made a move back to NZ.

I guess, if NZ is to benefit out of this we can only hope JR has success with NZ bred horses and if that's the case it could be a godsend.

He is a huge loss to NZ racing, he is a major drawcard to our younger audience and broadcasting... always available, always professional and he has delivered nothing but the best.

No disrespect intended CJW, I just didn’t know the current situation.

36 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

No doubt TA will get a presence in HK too, just a natural development but not so good for NZ which has become a preparation ground save but for one or two. The glory days well gone

he won't be the last to leave our shores either I reckon...one or two may follow soon.

Walker is a partner to Ellis in Te Akau Racing. A while ago I did an interview with DE and asked him about succession. There was a long silence. Maybe here is the succession plan.

I've come through Singapore 3 times and a weeks enough for me there. MW has done well and is very close with DE. Te Akau and NZ will lose nothing with the exception of horse being trained and proved to leave for Hong Kong.

Its up to NZ Racing to get its act together (stakes up)

Good on Jamie Richards. NZ racing is in the doldrums due to a lack of foresight and poor management for many years. Opportunity knocks and Mark Walker will probably establish himself as the top trainer here again before long. Donna is a top trainer in her own right so she will make a good addition to the Te Akau machine too in Singapore. Good luck to them all. It's a tough game and requires commitment and long hours to make it the level this trio have achieved.  I concur with Scooby, it may sow the seed for others to depart too.

1 hour ago, TurnyTom said:

No doubt TA will get a presence in HK too, just a natural development but not so good for NZ which has become a preparation ground save but for one or two. The glory days well gone

Te Akau can't just race horses in HK like they can in Singapore.  The owners must be a resident and there is a big waiting list.  This is a break from Te Akau.

He has a the right profile to be a success up there.  Great communication, big work ethic, and a proven success in NZ.  In my opinion Te Akau have had more horses race successfully at later years too.  This will be important too as HK horse racing only begins at 3yo really.

Looking forward to following his and Danielle's success up there.  Good luck and welcome back Mark Walker.

25 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Te Akau can't just race horses in HK like they can in Singapore.  The owners must be a resident and there is a big waiting list.  This is a break from Te Akau.

He has a the right profile to be a success up there.  Great communication, big work ethic, and a proven success in NZ.  In my opinion Te Akau have had more horses race successfully at later years too.  This will be important too as HK horse racing only begins at 3yo really.

Looking forward to following his and Danielle's success up there.  Good luck and welcome back Mark Walker.

Correct Shane !

Posters like TT sometimes post from a hole in their arse !😀😀

12 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Thats unnecessary...I dont think the girl deserves that.They have been together for quite a while now...would like it if someone said that about your girl friend or wife in a forum...its not right.

Good call Scooby.  No place anywhere (racing forum or otherwise) for that sort of misogynistic innuendo in this day and age.

4 hours ago, tasman man said:

Correct Shane !

Posters like TT sometimes post from a hole in their arse !😀😀

Having a bad day are we......just another he says

There are ways the situation can be dealt with, do your homework and look across to Australia and how they have successfully handled it.