RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Great story about embracing science

I wonder what the RIU / RIB would make of this given their sad lack of any scientific or racehorse physiology related knowledge 

This is the same hypobaric technology Darren Weir was using, and many elite cyclists and MMA fighters use …even the Warriors have a chamber 

RACING.COM - YOUR RACING CONNECTION

https://www.racing.com/

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I wonder what the RIU / RIB would make of this given their sad lack of any scientific or racehorse physiology related knowledge 

This is the same hypobaric technology Darren Weir was using, and many elite cyclists and MMA fighters use …even the Warriors have a chamber 

RACING.COM - YOUR RACING CONNECTION

https://www.racing.com/

Great clip. Thanks for posting.Here's the exact link for those that didn't find it. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjr5-zljtz0AhXjheYKHfnBDqUQtwJ6BAgDEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.racing.com%2Fvideos%2F2021-12-08%2Fmaher-implements-sports-science-training-methods&usg=AOvVaw3sdYv2_L1o49rjsjtZcekX

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Oops, sorry, and thank you, I didn’t realize I hadn’t posted the link correctly 

One of Maher’s owners contacted me yesterday a pointed out that Ceiran had taken over Darren Weirs yard, hence the hypobaric chamber etc….

I’ve been there to see that in operation, it’s impressive, and in addition to that treadmill he has four hypobaric boxes they can sleep in at night, to simulate altitude training 

It does demonstrate what lengths you can legally go to if you have access to real money 

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

It also points to the merits of highspeed treadmills, AWTs and beaches or surfaces where othe variable have less impact.

All useful, agreed, but I’d have thought the endogenous EPO production via the hypoxic chamber was the jewel in the crown of this show 

When you can increase your RBC count without stressing the animal you’re cooking with gas 

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

All useful, agreed, but I’d have thought the endogenous EPO production via the hypoxic chamber was the jewel in the crown of this show 

When you can increase your RBC count without stressing the animal you’re cooking with gas 

Yes. You'd think if they can spend 8 figure sums on AWTs at training centres, they could put a few hypoxic chamber treadmills in as well and maybe provide trainers with hypoxic chamber boxes.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Agree with you short stuff.  Eqimetre OK but doesn't do two of the most important telemetry recordings. Both patented so they can't do it.

We need a greenfield racing system...both training and racing. There's a way to do it but powers that be won't grasp it. 

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Agree with you short stuff.  Eqimetre OK but doesn't do two of the most important telemetry recordings. Both patented so they can't do it.

We need a greenfield racing system...both training and racing. There's a way to do it but powers that be won't grasp it. 

The problem is those of us who were raised outdoors and lived life outdoors regardless of the weather can see those things clearly @Berri  & know those things.

Society has breed far too many who are scared of getting wet or venturing up a hill or 3 in case they have an accident or unfortunately now because of the boffins in charge of us all might get a runny nose, cough, pneumonia or whatever.

Not helped one bit that Streams and rivers are out of bounds to Animals bc of silly humans who fail to see the basic necessities of our Animal Kingdoms fundamental rights to be well, animals.

Snow Lupton and Ken Browne had the right idea as did Mr Mitchelson and others before them..altitude training together with a splash in streams and water is a must for great lung capacity of both man and animals fitness and health.

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

With gas or perhaps creating an uneven playing field? 

As you said, it's currently legal.. so was Bicarbonate until it wasn't...

2 hours ago, Phillipe said:

With gas or perhaps creating an uneven playing field? 

As you said, it's currently legal.. so was Bicarbonate until it wasn't...

Oh dear …..what a stupid comment …. arguably the stupidest moronic comment of the year 

Are you going to ban horse being trained in high altitude environs then…Colorado, Johannesburg, Taupo……or prevent them being exercised anaerobically, or swimming  ?

You're seriously lacking any scientific knowledge mate …. do you work for the RIU or RIB ? 

P for P comments about training horses at Taupo for high altitude adaption.  Waiouru is much higher than Taupo, but I seriously doubt whether Waiouru would be of sufficient altitude to provide the required help.

I have driven through Waiouru many times and I have driven from Johannesburg to Durban to see The July.  The altitudinal difference is such that one must use  petrol with a different octane rating in Durban than one must use up on the Witwatersrand.  The Desert Road does not seem to have much effect on my car.  Also, the Transvaal (Christ knows what it is called these days)  horses do not rule when at sea level.

11 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Oh dear …..what a stupid comment …. arguably the stupidest moronic comment of the year 

Are you going to ban horse being trained in high altitude environs then…Colorado, Johannesburg, Taupo……or prevent them being exercised anaerobically, or swimming  ?

You're seriously lacking any scientific knowledge mate …. do you work for the RIU or RIB ? 

I'm not sure you read my post correctly, but who cares, it's fun to read your responses..