RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Archer

V passports coming to your TAB, next week.

17 hours ago, Gruff said:

You smoking crack? Wake up before the Booster fluid starts coming out you’re nose 🙄 Most of that 90% are either coerced or ignorant 

Can you provide a link that proves what you say? That "most" of the 90% were either coerced or ignorant?

10 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The above confirms what a tosser you are. Your obviously  Incapable of listening to others who know more than you and have offered to help answer your questions.

I will not make the same mistake again

Good

On 12/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, scooby3051 said:

Guys stick to the subject or take it to Main Street...geez how hard is it...I do not give a flying F... about the debt and who holds it I do care about racing...cheers.

Interesting comment on the debt, I thought this would be a major worry for all, would we want to see a financial crisis similar to what happened in Greece, and this government borrowing like there's no tomorrow. 

On 12/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, JJ Flash said:

Clearly idiots like Archer have no idea about NZ H and S legislation.

Hats off to management for following NZ law and protecting their retail staff. Hate to pint it out but pub tabs ask for your V Passport now so what's different 

For the nutters  you can still deposit funds into your account by other means  such as direct credit

They have to follow the rules, the Government bailed them out!!

On 12/14/2021 at 9:30 PM, Chestnut said:

In the words of Umair Haque, who is a daily digest writer that I respect very much:

Let’s get real. Covid isn’t over. It’s not going to be over anytime soon. Fatigued? Grow up. Our grandparents fought world wars, dealt with genocides, huddled in bunkers. You? All you have to do is get a shot, wear a mask, and keep your distance. Consider yourself lucky.

Our grandparents fought for our Freedom.  Well my dad did anyway and he would be mortified if he knew it hadn't lasted that long and our own country was dictating terms on its people.  

8 hours ago, Tropical said:

Our grandparents fought for our Freedom.  Well my dad did anyway and he would be mortified if he knew it hadn't lasted that long and our own country was dictating terms on its people

Fought for our freedom……Hardly, there were plenty rules,  regulations, constraints etc back in the years after the Great War, A way of life ,yes, and better than Hitlers vision for us. But Freedom. Hmm

On 12/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, Berri said:

I just don't get some of the logic and maybe some of you who know more can share info that breaks down my gaps of logic. BTW...I'm not an anti jabber

I would have thought that one of our best tools to help fight this scourge was to test as many people as we could using what ever means. Why then have we been limited to one testing protocol, which has been scientifically proven to be inadequate and inaccurate, when we could be deploying a program using multiple testing systems, that would help identify the real picture regarding the presence of the virus in our community? Surely using multiple processes, which would need to be accurately documented, could produce a more accurate picture through the correlation of results?

Why if you requested a blood test, to see if you historically had the virus, are you advised that you cannot do this by order of the Health Ministry? There have been a number of close associates of mine who have complained about this. The logical thing would be to take blood samples for those who request it, or make the opportunity to make this service available, so that the country to have a clear map of the potential immunity of the population. This should extend to people who have been jabbed and this information should be made public if the participant wishes to see what ever they are prepared to disclose but the general unanimous data should be made available. We should not be herded like sheep. We are an intelligent breed of animal. 

Masks are an interesting subject. They used to be used to prevent an uninfected person from getting an infection from an infected person. To achieve this, material used would have a certain amount of carbon in it to "soak up" viral spores. In addition, the mesh of the protectant surface  the viral spores from getting through needed to be of a particularly small diameter so as to try and prevent the viral spores from getting through to the mask user. It would seem that aside from creating a mountain of waste plastic, which also contains additional disruptive environmental pollutants, the structure of the takeaway face mask is not technically suitable to do the job. We don't have plastics in super markets, and we have reusable takeaway cups for the morning coffee, but we have no comment from the Greens on this matter. On the technical side, it does prevent spit from being sprayed at each other or on surfaces but the manner in which we manage its use negates the efficacy of this.

On the front of viral spore transfer, I can't quite understand why the topic of UV light has not surfaced at all. The following is a direct quote taken from the first Googled article on the matter.

UVC light is the type of UV light that’s most effective at killing germs. It can be used to disinfect surfaces, air, and liquids.

UVC light kills germs like viruses and bacteria through damaging molecules like nucleic acids and proteins. This makes the germ incapable of performing the processes that it needs to survive.

UV is currently being used in the sterilisation and containment of viral spread, in particular in fluids and medical appliances. Why can't we create a protocol that can sterilise multiple surfaces that the population might agree are spreading environments?

I'm not going to go down the track of what jab brands are the best or not, suffice to say that wouldn't you love to see the jab contract to see why NZ government seemed to have reluctance to widely distribute the various jab brands. Shouldn't we have all had the choice if we had wanted it?

What I do have an issue with is I thought the saying was "prevention is better than cure". We have an over weight, over nourished, under exercised, over dependent society that needs to get up to speed with the program that is called "Let's Get Ready". There is a clear and clearly defined data set that says if you are healthy, the risk of succumbing to Covid is materially reduced. There is a closer correlation to getting badly affected by the Covid if you're unhealthy, than the benefits of getting the jab. Statistically WHO have already provided direction on the matter (without extending the PC narrative too far!!!) so why are we locking up society without some sort of preventative health program that can help NZ society in the long run? As it happens, even without Covid, we are all being taxed by this overweight, unhealthy subsection of society that is slowly becoming a majority!! Our health systems are placing band-aids over aortic gushers.

Our racing leaders should start to be proactive with our niche. We're close to animals, aware of quarantine processes, should be up to speed in relation to health and well-being so why not go hard and show everyone how to do it? We're under siege with the animal rights division of society, and they may well close us down during my life time. but until then, we should become exceptional. Government would struggle to make us irrelevant if we stepped out of the shadow. 

I'm also wary of the data and statistics that we are being fed by a politically compromised and conflicted media structure. I find it interesting that a woman, who was a known associate of the PM's, bought a media empire for $1.00 and had it funded by a government that is obviously influencing the narrative. This conflict of interest is a step too far and 20 years ago, if you had profiled the current outcome to a press representative of that time, the objections would have been profound, with all commentary suggesting that this Putin style of media control couldn't be helpful. Much of what is being reported smacks of Cambridge Analytica style AI being deployed by the PM's spin team (57 at last count at $27mpa) where the personnel responsible for the Brexit and Trump campaigns hang out dissecting communications data recorded by people on Twitter, Facebook etc, in order to publish a narrative to counter people's concerns and fears.

And finally, who did we borrow the $55b from?. If we have gone from 14% debt to GDP ratio to 48% debt to GDP, should we not at least know where the money came from and what it was used for. Being in the farming industry, I never could wonder why the Fonterra structure could work as there was always a subjective conflict of interest between paying out to farmers and paying out to corporate shareholders. Now I'm convinced that the payout to the farmers comes at the cost of shareholders. Interesting way of managing the economy so is the Fonterra CEO managing a compliant conflict of interest? A big question.

I know that the tourism industry has shed 77,000 people (not sure if hospo is tourism) but I keep hearing massive restructures and down sizing. How is it that we seem to keep being told that more people are in employment than ever before when the likes of orchards, farming, service industries seem to be regressing? Just doesn't make sense to me. 

I'd love to know the truth. All Luxton would have to do to get my vote would be to state that he will be a leader that tells the truth and proves that he does.

Luxon

I must admit that I rarely actually enter a TAB these days.

It tended to be a quick visit once in a while to top up my TAB Account.

But now that they have, wisely, abolished the utterly-insane deduction they used to make on on-line TAB Account deposits I am picking they'll see me, in the flesh, even less.