RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Archer

V passports coming to your TAB, next week.

The boss told me vaccine passports will be required next week !!   I told the pos that is the end of business, 300 odd a week, not much I know, but fudge them and all segregationists.  When this shite is done, all those mfkrs who blocked normal New Zealanders from going abt their business or relaxation will pay.  😡

Do you really believe, that what 70 % of kiwis did in the last 20 months was normal ?

Maybe they should mandate the sh*t to new borns  !   Skip all the bleaters, just like adding FOLATE to every loaf of bread in the vain hope it MAY save 2 kids from Spina bifida, the whole population gets force feed this crap, instead of just giving some women a shot. 

So what happens next year when they decide that racing is brutal and animal abuse ?  

Temporarily out of retirement and fully vaxed .

The way things are going the current vaccines are quite short term  and the passport is a joke therefore as time goes bye unreliable, the Brits are offering a booster  3 months after your last shot meaning they don't have confidence in  the vaccines after about 4 months . The problem for the TAB and many others is the passport itself , mine is dated on the day I downloaded it and lasts 6 months , I had my 2nd shot 4.5 months earlier so the passport I have effectively is valid for  10.5 months  any real protection at 10.5 months will have expired so a useless   unreliable document by then .

You mean a link from the govt  ....   😂 🤣 😂  🤣 

What I am putting forward is, this is a slippery and dangerous slope that we are on and if 3-4 million kiwis thought it was smart to BLINDLY follow these tyrants, then by the end of next year, well, who knows our situation.

All I know is, that b/s flu virus shit wouldn't have got out the gates in the old days ....  eg,  Oh NZ, listen we need to stop stuff for a few days to sort out this possible flu problem, (hmm, ok sweet)  Oh NZ we need to keep you out of work and or moving around for a week, (hmmm, nah don't sound right), Oh NZ we need to LOCK YOU (not us special people) all down for a month  !!!!   . hmmmmmm     FUCK OFF.   ;)

5 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Temporarily out of retirement and fully vaxed .

The way things are going the current vaccines are quite short term  and the passport is a joke therefore as time goes bye unreliable, the Brits are offering a booster  3 months after your last shot meaning they don't have confidence in  the vaccines after about 4 months . The problem for the TAB and many others is the passport itself , mine is dated on the day I downloaded it and lasts 6 months , I had my 2nd shot 4.5 months earlier so the passport I have effectively is valid for  10.5 months  any real protection at 10.5 months will have expired so a useless   unreliable document by then .

Mrs Stodge and I had our third vaccinations two weeks ago and I strongly suspect we'll be back for round 4 in the spring.

All the evidence we're seeing is those who are triple vaccinated, even if they contract the Omicron variant of Coronavirus, will have mild symptoms not requiring hospital treatment. There is a concern for those whose second vaccination was longer than four months ago as there seems some evidence Omicron is more effective against those whose vaccine protection has diminished with time hence the push to get more people over here triple vaccinated.

As for Vaccine passports, they will be mandatory for all racecourse admission from next Monday (apparently even a midweek all-weather card at Lingfield counts as a "significant public event" (news to me). I have to be honest, those who have chosen for whatever reason not to have a vaccination (as is their right) have to recognise that decision has consequences (as do all decisions to be fair). 

There's a line about no man being free if in gaining their freedom they cost the freedom of another man. 

Clearly idiots like Archer have no idea about NZ H and S legislation.

Hats off to management for following NZ law and protecting their retail staff. Hate to pint it out but pub tabs ask for your V Passport now so what's different 

For the nutters  you can still deposit funds into your account by other means  such as direct credit

I just don't get some of the logic and maybe some of you who know more can share info that breaks down my gaps of logic. BTW...I'm not an anti jabber

I would have thought that one of our best tools to help fight this scourge was to test as many people as we could using what ever means. Why then have we been limited to one testing protocol, which has been scientifically proven to be inadequate and inaccurate, when we could be deploying a program using multiple testing systems, that would help identify the real picture regarding the presence of the virus in our community? Surely using multiple processes, which would need to be accurately documented, could produce a more accurate picture through the correlation of results?

Why if you requested a blood test, to see if you historically had the virus, are you advised that you cannot do this by order of the Health Ministry? There have been a number of close associates of mine who have complained about this. The logical thing would be to take blood samples for those who request it, or make the opportunity to make this service available, so that the country to have a clear map of the potential immunity of the population. This should extend to people who have been jabbed and this information should be made public if the participant wishes to see what ever they are prepared to disclose but the general unanimous data should be made available. We should not be herded like sheep. We are an intelligent breed of animal. 

Masks are an interesting subject. They used to be used to prevent an uninfected person from getting an infection from an infected person. To achieve this, material used would have a certain amount of carbon in it to "soak up" viral spores. In addition, the mesh of the protectant surface  the viral spores from getting through needed to be of a particularly small diameter so as to try and prevent the viral spores from getting through to the mask user. It would seem that aside from creating a mountain of waste plastic, which also contains additional disruptive environmental pollutants, the structure of the takeaway face mask is not technically suitable to do the job. We don't have plastics in super markets, and we have reusable takeaway cups for the morning coffee, but we have no comment from the Greens on this matter. On the technical side, it does prevent spit from being sprayed at each other or on surfaces but the manner in which we manage its use negates the efficacy of this.

On the front of viral spore transfer, I can't quite understand why the topic of UV light has not surfaced at all. The following is a direct quote taken from the first Googled article on the matter.

UVC light is the type of UV light that’s most effective at killing germs. It can be used to disinfect surfaces, air, and liquids.

UVC light kills germs like viruses and bacteria through damaging molecules like nucleic acids and proteins. This makes the germ incapable of performing the processes that it needs to survive.

UV is currently being used in the sterilisation and containment of viral spread, in particular in fluids and medical appliances. Why can't we create a protocol that can sterilise multiple surfaces that the population might agree are spreading environments?

I'm not going to go down the track of what jab brands are the best or not, suffice to say that wouldn't you love to see the jab contract to see why NZ government seemed to have reluctance to widely distribute the various jab brands. Shouldn't we have all had the choice if we had wanted it?

What I do have an issue with is I thought the saying was "prevention is better than cure". We have an over weight, over nourished, under exercised, over dependent society that needs to get up to speed with the program that is called "Let's Get Ready". There is a clear and clearly defined data set that says if you are healthy, the risk of succumbing to Covid is materially reduced. There is a closer correlation to getting badly affected by the Covid if you're unhealthy, than the benefits of getting the jab. Statistically WHO have already provided direction on the matter (without extending the PC narrative too far!!!) so why are we locking up society without some sort of preventative health program that can help NZ society in the long run? As it happens, even without Covid, we are all being taxed by this overweight, unhealthy subsection of society that is slowly becoming a majority!! Our health systems are placing band-aids over aortic gushers.

Our racing leaders should start to be proactive with our niche. We're close to animals, aware of quarantine processes, should be up to speed in relation to health and well-being so why not go hard and show everyone how to do it? We're under siege with the animal rights division of society, and they may well close us down during my life time. but until then, we should become exceptional. Government would struggle to make us irrelevant if we stepped out of the shadow. 

I'm also wary of the data and statistics that we are being fed by a politically compromised and conflicted media structure. I find it interesting that a woman, who was a known associate of the PM's, bought a media empire for $1.00 and had it funded by a government that is obviously influencing the narrative. This conflict of interest is a step too far and 20 years ago, if you had profiled the current outcome to a press representative of that time, the objections would have been profound, with all commentary suggesting that this Putin style of media control couldn't be helpful. Much of what is being reported smacks of Cambridge Analytica style AI being deployed by the PM's spin team (57 at last count at $27mpa) where the personnel responsible for the Brexit and Trump campaigns hang out dissecting communications data recorded by people on Twitter, Facebook etc, in order to publish a narrative to counter people's concerns and fears.

And finally, who did we borrow the $55b from?. If we have gone from 14% debt to GDP ratio to 48% debt to GDP, should we not at least know where the money came from and what it was used for. Being in the farming industry, I never could wonder why the Fonterra structure could work as there was always a subjective conflict of interest between paying out to farmers and paying out to corporate shareholders. Now I'm convinced that the payout to the farmers comes at the cost of shareholders. Interesting way of managing the economy so is the Fonterra CEO managing a compliant conflict of interest? A big question.

I know that the tourism industry has shed 77,000 people (not sure if hospo is tourism) but I keep hearing massive restructures and down sizing. How is it that we seem to keep being told that more people are in employment than ever before when the likes of orchards, farming, service industries seem to be regressing? Just doesn't make sense to me. 

I'd love to know the truth. All Luxton would have to do to get my vote would be to state that he will be a leader that tells the truth and proves that he does.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Are you saying that choosing not to be vaccinated somehow affects those who are?

I should have added that to my previous rant.

Where is the logic that says you are putting those who have had the jab at risk by being with people that haven't had the jab, where the narrative is that having the jab will protect you? If you've had the jab you should be protected. If you haven't, you may not be as protected as those who have had the jab. In that instance, trying to persuade those who haven't had the jab, to have the jab, may save lives and costs to all of us as a result of hospitalisation.

But why are jabbed people becoming fearful of those who haven't had the jab if having the jab protects you? I don't get the logic.

Since the failure of the vaccine to do its job, the constant message is "We know you still get the virus even if u are double vaxxd, but, you will get less sick and (the biggie) and you won't overload the health system."  What a load of codswallop, do we overload the system every year with our 500-1000 flu deaths (gawd knows how many people are just infected with the flu each year !!!!!!) . This virus is running abt twice the numbers, thats all, just double the number of NORMAL deaths.  I repeatly ask people if they are willing to accept 500-1000 deaths a year from the flu (or covid), the look on their faces tells they have NO IDEA of normal deaths in NZ. 

Now back to the overloaded system, this would a straight fail from this and the last governments failure to assist the health dept. And as for those heroes (nurses, doctors) do you all forget what happened in August 2021.  Labour had slipped 10 points in latest poll (people just pissed with the whole situ) Nurses were going on strike because the govt only offered those HEROES,  1.8 % pay rise, 1.8 !!!!! and then miraculously DELTA appeared, 1 fkn case and by Monday we were imprisoned again.  

13 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Are you suggesting the numbers are different? Care to provide a link?

What I have not been able to understand is how are they measuring "eligible population"? With so many overstayers, people who are not registered within the health system, etc what is the base for the % to be calculated?  

5 hours ago, Nerula said:

Just been reading on Stuff (All) " Man had up to 10 jabs in one day after visiting up to 10 vax places. It is believed he was paid for those."

Chur Bro!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad wicket. Cost me a hundy a shot to get my vax cert.

41 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Five black type races at a course within 35km of my home and I didn't go.

Why?

Because all of that Covid-19 bull dust told me; stay at home.

the best thing you can do is just stay home.....

keep your hard earned in your pocket...

eventually this shit will end and we will all remember who towed the government line with this segregation crap.....

20 hours ago, Berri said:

IAnd finally, who did we borrow the $55b from?. If we have gone from 14% debt to GDP ratio to 48% debt to GDP, should we not at least know where the money came from and what it was used for. Being in the farming industry, I never could wonder why the Fonterra structure could work as there was always a subjective conflict of interest between paying out to farmers and paying out to corporate shareholders. Now I'm convinced that the payout to the farmers comes at the cost of shareholders. Interesting way of managing the economy so is the Fonterra CEO managing a compliant conflict of interest? A big question.

The money is from ourselves, borrowed from Govt Bonds which the Reserve Bank holds at very low interest rates which effectively don’t have a future pay back date, if we don’t make payments they get re-issued.  Pretty much the Reserve Bank printed money from NZs future & gave it to us now.

The spending programme is listed with Treasury, easy enough to find.

Original COVID-19 related allocations by Vote ($ billion) as at Budget 2021

Original COVID-19 related allocations by Vote ($ billion) as at Budget 2021