RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Inters Finals Draw

Guys, the Man is in this; his run the other night was more like his ol self, he boomed home, yey for Ants and Mr Williamson (no doubt there's bin some fierce phonecalls back an forth 😉) he's got a bit of a breather to get all 8 cylinders firin for the Final, I like him alot.....GOOOOOO!!! THE MAN!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Thanks Iraklis

Yes, the finals will be worth waiting up for... I hope old Janitor can keep his eyes open. Might have to throw a sickie on Saturday mate so I'm fresh for the night's viewing!!!

Majestic Man is helped by his draw but I still think he might struggle and 3100 is not his best distance. 

My top three: Maori's Law, Tough Monarch, Pink Galahs

King of Swing drawing the second line has opened up the pacers' final. If he had drawn the front it was all over. Now, I think the draw favours Expensive Ego.

Can't wait mate...

Janitor mate, the distance did worry me a tad but I reckon he's bit older now at 6yrs he's comin into his own as Trotter 😀 reckon he's got a bloody good team behind him Ants and Williamson so here's hopin....in the Pacers I'm likin Triple Eight (ex Kiwi) but it's gunna be a ripper race too.....

Cheers Iraklis

I'll be cheerin Triple Eight in the pacers 😀 and the mighty MMan in the Trotters, it's nearly here Inters Finals, I dunno how I'm gunna make it thru the next few hours 🤣 but I just hope I don't pass out before 10.40pm, I'm pacin meself but 4 an a half hours is long way off LOL....

Cheers Iraklis

12 hours ago, GeorgeTheNZHarnesRacngStar said:

Come on guys.  Do you follow Aus harness at all?

Expensive Ego won't be able to hold the lead.  You're all looking at it wrong.  Alta Orlando's hopes are dashed.

Okay smartarse. How is this going to play out? All you have said is what you think is NOT going to happen. 

Well nobody would have predicted that!! First ever Interdominion Champion due to the winner being relegated, reportedly. I know there have been winners DQ'd before (Juniors Image, Smoken Up) and apparently three protests, but until tonight all unsuccessful. Good decision by the stewards though I think. Doesn't say much about the state of Australian harness racing when a horse that was running in Claimers only a few months ago can win an Idom Final though. 

19 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Majestic Man an Ants tried so bloody hard to get to Maori Law, but in the end had to settle for 2nd it was a ripper race, most enjoyable watch 😀

Cheers Iraklis

I enjoyed the series. The finals were close fought and good watching. Majestic Men went well but Maori's Law always travelling better. I thought my old mate Tough Monarch was going to get up for third, I'll give you the tip, but not quite made it. Geez, Iraklis it's hard to make ground in the straight at Menangle I give you the tip.

Pacers, I feel sorry for the connection son of Expensive Ego. He went a great race and probably deserved the win but he did check the second horse. I have no problem with the relegation.

I enjoyed the series and look forward to the next.

20 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Doesn't say much about the state of Australian harness racing when a horse that was running in Claimers only a few months ago can win an Idom Final though. 

I seem to remember Rondel beating Sapling at Addington. That was a decent upset as well.

3 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

I enjoyed the series. The finals were close fought and good watching. Majestic Men went well but Maori's Law always travelling better. I thought my old mate Tough Monarch was going to get up for third, I'll give you the tip, but not quite made it. Geez, Iraklis it's hard to make ground in the straight at Menangle I give you the tip.

Pacers, I feel sorry for the connection son of Expensive Ego. He went a great race and probably deserved the win but he did check the second horse. I have no problem with the relegation.

I enjoyed the series and look forward to the next.

It was certainly pretty severe interference. Commentator didn't notice it all thought. Doesn't look like Menangle has a passing lane so obviously the leader rolled off the rail and then back in again. Looked like a straight forward decision.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It was certainly pretty severe interference. Commentator didn't notice it all thought. Doesn't look like Menangle has a passing lane so obviously the leader rolled off the rail and then back in again. Looked like a straight forward decision.

No, no passing lane. And yes, the leader drifted up the track over a cart width (although in the room they tried to argue that no way there was a gap) and the trailer tried to dive through. They then allege the driver on Expensive Ego pulled the left relight and turned back down. The full speed head-on shot certainly appeared to back that up. Very quick thinking by the driver of the eventual winner to immediately switch to the outside. Would certainly have won if allowed the straight run through. 

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I seem to remember Rondel beating Sapling at Addington. That was a decent upset as well.

Not to forget Massacre....had only won 4 x races prior to series at Addington ,and scraped into final and won at 31 t0 1.

His wins had been at Reefton ,Methven and Waikouaiti. 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, We're Doomed said:

And That is the last NZ trained winner in the Pacing Grand Final at Addington. 40+ years ago.............

My Lightning Blue (Jim O'Sullivan at decent odds won in the 80's, Golden Reign (Chris Alford) in the 90's both from Victoria , and the WA raid from Baltic Eagle (Prentice ) 2003. 

So the Aussies have turned Addington into a Interdominion Pace 'Graveyard' for the locals.

The 2011 series transferred to Auckland from Addington after the Earthquake , and the Aussie raiders ran the Trifecta in the 2011 Grand Final. Seems they must of thought they were at Addington still.