RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Calling all money launderers

I've just watched the race.

Anyone who seriously thinks SPANISH MISSION is a speed horse who can outsprint the locals over 300m just doesn't understand the differences between the UK and Australian racing styles. SPANISH MISSION was 1/3 over here and he was beaten after 100m - why? Simply put, no pace. For a horse like him who has placed over 3200m and won over 3600m to be effective at 2400m, you need an end-to-end gallop and a pacemaker to ensure that gallop.

Glen Boss rode a reasonable tactical race and he was in the right position but he's won a Doncaster Cup so you're not going to see an 11 second 200m from that kind of horse. The winner is proven at 2400m and similar - I know he was third in an Auckland Cup as well.

4 hours ago, stodge said:

Anyone who seriously thinks SPANISH MISSION is a speed horse who can outsprint the locals over 300m just doesn't understand the differences between the UK and Australian racing styles. SPANISH MISSION was 1/3 over here and he was beaten after 100m - why? Simply put, no pace. For a horse like him who has placed over 3200m and won over 3600m to be effective at 2400m, you need an end-to-end gallop and a pacemaker to ensure that gallop.

Glen Boss rode a reasonable tactical race and he was in the right position but he's won a Doncaster Cup so you're not going to see an 11 second 200m from that kind of horse. The winner is proven at 2400m and similar - I know he was third in an Auckland Cup as well.

Yes we know that all English staying horses are jumpers with shite actions …but we didn’t know in advance that that race was going to be a canter and sprint 

We also know your excessively long, slightly uphill, training techniques remove all the speed from their legs 

That said the horse had been at Moodys for three weeks and we’d presumed he’d improved it ( wouldn’t be hard ) 

My view after the race, it’s over the top and needs a spell ..it’ll come back with more speed next preparation 

5 hours ago, stodge said:

I thought he was in big trouble half way through the race as well. He's a tough grinding stayer and wasn't suited to a pretty ride with a slow pace and a sprint home.  Certainly not a slow run race at Caulfield. It was noticeable that Warning dropped out totally, so the two horses with the "best" runs, and best form, failed to run a place.

Horses that stick on for the Sandown (Caulfield) meeting are often slowpokes chasing some decent money against horses like Sound, who hadn't won for how long?...

It couldn't even win the Auckland Cup, so Spanish Mission is a dead-set 4000m plodder who can't sit and sprint, like most stayers have to in Australia.

Sydney Cup beckons...

2 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Horses that stick on for the Sandown (Caulfield) meeting are often slowpokes chasing some decent money against horses like Sound, who hadn't won for how long?...

It couldn't even win the Auckland Cup, so Spanish Mission is a dead-set 4000m plodder who can't sit and sprint, like most stayers have to in Australia.

Sydney Cup beckons...

I actually think he's a really good horse. His last run in the UK before he headed to Aussie was super impressive and he went a great race in the Melbourne Cup. He's a pace on Flemington horse, not a sit and sprint short straight Caulfield type. 

That Sandown race had its stake tripled I think and was moved back a week, and moved to Caulfield to try and boost the field. It didn't work this time, but given time it is probably a good decision.  There is just so much money up for grabs in Aussie now that horses can pick and choose so we are getting some pretty weak races.