RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
nike

occidental Tourist

i think what pam is trying to get at is it sounds like as a shareholder she was not told what condition and health probs

ot had and thats very dissapointing

Exactly, Fordy.

Very poor practice indeed.

And where does Pam state she 'assumed '?

She has put everything down very factually.

I feel she and Gary, and probably several other shareholders as well, were treated shamefully not to mention the unfortunate horse as well.

I am not suggesting Ms Murphy was party to the original mess, but her desire to play Secret Squirrel hasn't helped at all.

Exactly, Fordy.

Very poor practice indeed.

And where does Pam state she 'assumed '?

She has put everything down very factually.

I feel she and Gary, and probably several other shareholders as well, were treated shamefully not to mention the unfortunate horse as well.

I am not suggesting Ms Murphy was party to the original mess, but her desire to play Secret Squirrel hasn't helped at all.

It's also very poor practise and unprofessional to give shareholders two weeks notice to remove a horse. It just seems to me that the majority of disrepute is being laid in one quarter and despite the lack of communication at 'that' end...no one knows what goes on behind closed doors and any questions as to 'why' communication broke down at the horses end destination, can only be saught at that end as opposed to initiating supposition by other people.

As I suggested in my post, I think communication of the concerned parties is more appropriate. And again, I think it's dreadful that the shareholders have lost a stallion.

Maybe 'assume' was a wrong word to use but opening up question to someone's actions or lack of can often be seen as inference to a lack of integrity of that person. Even if in response to someone elses post. It's often better not to respond to other peoples argument but instead to continue with their questioning in the right quarters.

just bloodly well get over it, hands on guy , meaning up close & personal, I probably drive my trainers and breaker in ners crazey but I want to know whats going on, how dare you not be that close , I am so sad for this horse like I would be for all of them, I truely love these animals winner or not, come on let him rest in PEACE, come on look at jumping in Oz, hey guys its not just about the money.

just bloodly well get over it, hands on guy , meaning up close & personal, I probably drive my trainers and breaker in ners crazey but I want to know whats going on, how dare you not be that close , I am so sad for this horse like I would be for all of them, I truely love these animals winner or not, come on let him rest in PEACE, come on look at jumping in Oz, hey guys its not just about the money.

GOOD CALL!

There would not be any 'collective' insurance.

Normally a syndicated stallion will be insured for both death and infertility in its first year and the insurance premium included in the share cost.

But in following years you may have say 17 of the 45 shareholders not wishing to insure and a couple of others that don't pay the premium etc etc -this would be a nightmare for the manager and the reason it isn't done!

It is then up to each individual to insure their share.

We insured our share for the first 3 years then decided we wouldn't worry after that.

By this time we had enough progeny to cover our outlay and he had no fertility problems.

Its not about the money anyway, he was a lovely horse and we enjoyed having an interest in him.

Compared with a lot of horses we have bred and trained the Occys all seem to have good natures and a great attitude, and in this tough game it all helps.

He has a couple of nice types running today -Suntory and Bullrun, so I hope they do their dad proud. :)

Otis would have been proud of his son Suntory, ran very greenly but still won easily. Bullrun is scratched, so one starter today for a winner is a great result.

Hi Lesley

I will see what I can find out.

I paid a one off payment of $50 to Arion and they let me know of any of his progeny racing or trialing almost anywhere, which is fun. They also send me reports on how they get on.

As an aside we are rapt because a Sunray filly we bred, Bintang Walk, won at Ashburton today. We sent her dam to Otis when he was at Java but unfortunately she died up there, and she has left 3 foals and they have all won.

Never mind thats the ups and downs of breeding.

Got a pedigree print out the other day for a OT gelding I have.

Lists 8 individual winners (not including the one yesterday Suntory). Heydental Tourist, Mamma's Love, Daring Tourist, Majestic Glory, Paca Paddy, Regal Rainbow, Scenic Route, Wonder General & placegetters Happyweek, Supercheap, Tour boy, Bullrun, Go Nick, Golden Triplecrown, Skinydip etc

Most winners have been in Singapore by the looks.

Not too sure on his starters/winners stats.

As a former small shareholder in OT, I am most distressed about the whole saga, especially having no inkling or communication regarding his health problems prior to his demise. I expect that to be explained.

I bred 2 mares to him and would love to know how one we sold at the sales to Korea did. (The other is Supercheap). Anyone know where we might find out.

I feel for Jo Mackie who loved Otis.

Sire Record

STUD RECORD

Commenced stud duties in New Zealand in 2004

New Zealand

Year Starters Winners Wins NZ$

07/08 4 0 0 925

08/09 21 2 2 22,540

09/10 17 2 2 15,025

Totals 25 4 4 38,490

Australia

Year Starters Winners Wins A$

09/10 1 0 0

Totals 1 0 0

Rest of the World

Country Starters Winners Wins

Singapore 5 4 7

Malaysia 2 1 1

Korea 1 0 0

Macau 1 0 0

Analysis by Crop in all countries

Crop Foals Runners Winners Wins SWnrs (GWnrs) SWins (GWins)

05/06 56 26 8 11 0 0

06/07 44 9 1 1 0 0

07/08 35 0 0 0 0 0

Totals 135 35 9 12 0 0

Analysis by Age (NZ/Aust)

Age Runners Winners Placed Wins Ave.Earnings

2YO 8 0 2 0 259

3YO 24 3 5 3 1,204

4YO+ 11 1 2 1 684

Analysis by Sex (NZ/Aust)

Gender Runners Winners Placed Wins Ave.Earnings

Colts 15 3 3 3 1,813

Fillies 11 1 2 1 1,027

Heydental Tourist (05g, Hey Baba Riba, Americus). Winner at 1200m in 2008-09, 3d BOP RC Aztech Signs Tauranga H.

Mamma's Love (05f, Famous Star, Sovereign Red). 4 wins at 1000m, 1100m in 2009.

Suntory (06g, Pre Catelan, Battle-Waggon). Winner at 1200m in 2009-10.

Paca Paddy (05f, Sandtrap, Engagement). Winner at 1200m in 2008-09.

Majestic Glory (05c, Kashani, Sir Fleet). Winner at 1000m in 2009.

Scenic Route (05g, Take Your Partner, New Regent). Winner at 1400m in 2009-10.

Regal Rainbow (05g, Straight Strike, Imperial Seal). Winner at 1100m in 2009.

Wonder General (05g, Jetball, Vice Regal). Winner at 1000m in 2009.

Daring Tourist (05g, Mi Preferido, Otehi Bay). Winner at 1400m in 2009.

Tour Boy (06g, Kenfair, Star Board). Placed at 3 in 2009-10.

Happyweek (06f, Christmas Tree, Persian Bold). Placed at 3 in 2009.

Supercheap (06g, Sound Reason, Vice Regal). Placed at 3 in 2009-10.

Bullrun (05g, Maroof, Nassipour). Placed at 3 in 2008-09.

Skinydip (05f, Stark South, Pag-Asa). Placed at 3 in 2008-09.

Go Nick (05f, Tristram's Monarch, Imperial Guard). Placed at 3 in 2008-09.

Golden Triplecrown (05g, Tuscany Flyer, Zivato). Placed to 2009-10.

you will eat your words when the autopsy is published with vet reports
Fastas - Gary and myself, and several other unhappy shareholders are still awaiting publication of the above mentioned documents!

Whats the hold up?