RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Racing at Ellerslie

16 hours ago, Leggy said:

How long after all the other first world countries did they finally commit ?, and now they hope to have it by May if Medsafe approves, and to prove they’re idiots they’ve bought 60,000 doses of another protease inhibitor that only has 50% efficacy, compared with Paxlovids 95% 

If I hadn’t shamed them they probably wouldn’t have moved to buy Paxlovid yet 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, scooby3051 said:

haha Leggy many other countries are treating patients already...this woman is hopeless and spin driven but light on results with her band of merry followers in her cabinet..JMO...I have been involved in getting into 2 countries already...FWIW

which 2?

2 hours ago, drewandjo said:

no...I want you to tell me which 2 are now using either Paxlovid or the Pfizer pill

Why...what reason do I need to tell you anything...my main business is medical and who I sell to really does not matter...I said I helped source it for two countries and I did and I do not recall saying those countries were using it..I said it was being used in some countries and it is...NZ was very slow off the mark on sourcing it.. 

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Why...what reason do I need to tell you anything...my main business is medical and who I sell to really does not matter...I said I helped source it for two countries and I did and I do not recall saying those countries were using it..I said it was being used in some countries and it is...NZ was very slow off the mark on sourcing it.. 

What are the countries that are using it then? Aside from the small number in the clinical trials that is?

34 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Molnupiravir...is the one I am talking about...it is being used in the UK for one.I know there are quite a few others pending approval. 

Oh. That is very different. It is already approved and in use for sure. My  bad. I thought this thread was about Paxlovid. Molnupiravir was purchased here in early October by Pharmac.just waiting Medsafe approval but think the final clinical trial analysis has now been submitted by Merck though that is disappointingly less effective than originally thought.

8 hours ago, Leggy said:

Oh. That is very different. It is already approved and in use for sure. My  bad. I thought this thread was about Paxlovid. Molnupiravir was purchased here in early October by Pharmac.just waiting Medsafe approval but think the final clinical trial analysis has now been submitted by Merck though that is disappointingly less effective than originally thought.

Do you think Molnupiravir is in use in NZ ?

I don’t think it is but I could be wrong, although the government may possibly have bought it in anticipation 

I doubt if MSD will even produce it on a large scale though given the success and potential of the rival Paxlovid 

35 minutes ago, Shad said:

So still no crowd for the boxing days races in Auckland, or is a change expected, to allow the double penetrated to attend.

Here at the traffic lights the engines are revving but we are still looking at RED !

If that continues , the days crowds will be grim with limited pods of 100 people made up of owners and members who will need to be registered and pre-allocated a ticket for an area.

However if next week....December 13 , I think ......the light changes to Orange ,then a significantly bigger crowd will be able to attend.

Tickets will be offered to the Public for pre-purchase on a first-in ,first served basis.

Owners and members will get in as usual.

I think the Club is hoping that in Orange , up to 5,000 will be attending !

This seems likely IMO ,but at this moment not guaranteed.

Of course ,it will be double vaxxed only.

Plus these days  club membership has few benefits but getting in on Orange [and red if register in time] is one of them !

There goverment certainly enjoy playing with peoples emotions and mental health, truths and untruths, one just doesn't know what to believe, they seem to change the rules as they go, thanks for the update and one can only hope they don't keep stringing us along.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, scooby3051 said:

haha Leggy many other countries are treating patients already...this woman is hopeless and spin driven but light on results with her band of merry followers in her cabinet..JMO...I have been involved in getting into 2 countries already...FWIW

Should that no read 'her band or gay followers......'?

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Do you think Molnupiravir is in use in NZ ?

I don’t think it is but I could be wrong, although the government may possibly have bought it in anticipation 

I doubt if MSD will even produce it on a large scale though given the success and potential of the rival Paxlovid 

No. Didn't mean to suggest it was in use in NZ. Still pending Medsafe approval. Has been approved by the FDA though didn't get the nod from the India approval agency. So, as you suggest, may fade by the wayside because of the poor efficacy in the final clinical data and the apparent vastly superior Pfizer drug now on the scene.

After initial euphoria on the interim results of Molnupiravir, Merck said in November that after all the pooled analysis of a randomized control trial, the relative risk reduction for people who took the drug was 30%, compared to the earlier figure of 50%. The FDA’s subject expert committee voted 13-10 for the nod.

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Have not followed the medical thread, apologies.

Takeaway - can I go to the races on the 26th and 1st....or is that unlikely?

Not a member. Or an owner. 

TIA.

You’ll be allowed to for sure given that the daily infection number is well below the seven day rolling average and the outbreak in Auckland seems well contained

That means we must go to Orange which means freedom for the vaccinated ( note, for the vaccinated ) 

2 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Have not followed the medical thread, apologies.

Takeaway - can I go to the races on the 26th and 1st....or is that unlikely?

Not a member. Or an owner. 

TIA.

I gave the current outlook above...look back 4 or 5 posts.

Hopefully up around 5,000 crowd will be allowed but tickets will need to be pre-purchased ,and folk double vaxxed !

Keep in mind that last year I think over 15,000 people attended so disappointment is possible for many !

ps...I gathered this info from Auckland racing communication,as recent as yesterday but I'm not an ARC or NZTR employeee [or paid by either] !

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Are you confusing the "daily infection number" with the daily number of identified cases?

No, I’m not confusing anything 

I get the MOH daily data, courtesy of WOCA ( Whanau Ora Commissioning Agency )

It’s very comprehensive and detailed ….but given that you’re into semantics as you endeavour to justify your anti vax and anti Covid history ( Sue Gray ) I will concede that the daily data does include “weak positives”… and they of course are just recovered excreters of dead viral fragments 

Thank you for keeping me on my toes 

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

No, I’m not confusing anything 

I get the MOH daily data, courtesy of WOCA ( Whanau Ora Commissioning Agency )

It’s very comprehensive and detailed ….but given that you’re into semantics as you endeavour to justify your anti vax and anti Covid history ( Sue Gray ) I will concede that the daily data does include “weak positives”… and they of course are just recovered excreters of dead viral fragments 

Thank you for keeping me on my toes 

You are welcome :) Btw, I'm not an anti-vaxer by any stretch of the imagination and am double vaxed myself. I was cautious about the Pfizer vax though and wanted to wait for as much information as possible before going ahead. If you'd called me anti-mandate you might have been closer.

Anyway in making the distinction, I was really referring to my hypothesis that you would expect that as vaccination rates increase, the number of detected cases will decline because you are likely to have a large number of infections with little or no symptoms who therefore won't even get tested and therefore never become MoH cases of record. We know from the NZ serology study last year that even then, only about 50% of infections were detected. I suspect that % is much lower now.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, stodge said:

Would Judith Collins and National be doing any better?

There's little or no evidence I can see they would do anything any differently - they'd be getting the same scientific advice from the same people, wouldn't they?

Yes, the same Scientific Advice pushing Behavior Science that's generated from SAGE's Susan Michie, her husband Robert West and David Halpern in the UK.

ALL tied in with Tony Blair and New Labour Left from era 1997 in the UK..

On 11/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, stodge said:

Would Judith Collins and National be doing any better?

There's little or no evidence I can see they would do anything any differently - they'd be getting the same scientific advice from the same people, wouldn't they?

On 12/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, Leggy said:

You are welcome :) Btw, I'm not an anti-vaxer by any stretch of the imagination and am double vaxed myself. I was cautious about the Pfizer vax though and wanted to wait for as much information as possible before going ahead. If you'd called me anti-mandate you might have been closer.

Anyway in making the distinction, I was really referring to my hypothesis that you would expect that as vaccination rates increase, the number of detected cases will decline because you are likely to have a large number of infections with little or no symptoms who therefore won't even get tested and therefore never become MoH cases of record. We know from the NZ serology study last year that even then, only about 50% of infections were detected. I suspect that % is much lower now.

It's the Mandates that people are sick to death of and opposed to.

There's been many a Court Case and decision opposing them internationally including against Biden and in Europe - all those decisions in the wider Societies favour are online.

Heads Up & Be mindful we have Climate Change stuff lurking around the corner and "Clean Air Act " has been in place since at least the 1970's.

Racecourses generally have had "Clean air' and places of Recreation for all, alas Big Tobacco got reigned in bc of links to Cancer and have been on a hiding with various Civil and Criminal Investigations in the background, now they are promoting Clean Air type products, IQOS, Ventilators as in Inhalers, etc which we need to be aware of. Same players involved making money for themselves.

British Heart Foundation and Tobacco industry are having spats about.

Our wider Horse Racing Industry, including Ellerslie need to up their game and show Leadership with NZ grown and made industries as Partners for Sponsorship to get back on track as Tobacco/ Imitation and in it's various forms are problematic in all areas of our lives.

We need to be seen to be Proactive about the wider Public Health of the people and look for positive ways forwards.

ATR cant win a trick. Only 800 souls (vaxxed) Boxing Day allowed. Puke Park will be wet as tomorrow. I thought i would go but flagged that.

New Years Day may see a turnout but the city empties out so never that many go.