RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Racing at Ellerslie

53 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I just spoke to Rod Jackson and he’s referred me to Pharmac ….but Chris Bishop is adamant the government hasn’t ordered it…..this is bizarre and negligence 

They can't order it until it is approved by Medsafe can they? Medsafe can't approve it until Pfizer make application and submit the necessary efficacy and safety data. As far as I am aware it hasn't been approved anywhere in the world yet.

I just spoke to Rod Jackson and he’s referred me to Pharmac ….but Chris Bishop is adamant the government hasn’t ordered it…..this is bizarre and negligence 

They can't order it until it is approved by Medsafe can they? Medsafe can't approve it until Pfizer make application and submit the necessary efficacy and safety data. As far as I am aware it hasn't been approved anywhere in the world yet. I think it is still in the Phase 2/3 clinical trial stage?

They can't order it until it is approved by Medsafe can they? Medsafe can't approve it until Pfizer make application and submit the necessary efficacy and safety data. As far as I am aware it hasn't been approved anywhere in the world yet. I think it is still in the Phase 2/3 clinical trial stage?

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

No but they could be reaching out to Pfizer to secure their place in the que...I know of many other countries on the pre order list...but oh no we will be at the tail end as normal...reactive not proactive silly cow.

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No but they could be reaching out to Pfizer to secure their place in the que...I know of many other countries on the pre order list...but oh no we will be at the tail end as normal...reactive not proactive silly cow.

Do we know they haven't? Pfizer says "Rolling submissions have commenced in several countries including in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, with planned submissions to other regulatory agencies around the world to follow."

That would seem to mean we are forward in the queue?

15 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Do we know they haven't? Pfizer says "Rolling submissions have commenced in several countries including in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, with planned submissions to other regulatory agencies around the world to follow."

That would seem to mean we are forward in the queue?

NO cant you read Leo has said they have not..they are NOT in the Que..I know how dumb they are I tried to get them to take a PCR test the best in the world and could not get it in...stupid morons..but hey Leggy if you like good on you your choice...Iknow trying to deal with them they are muppets.

I thought Leo said that he had spoken to Jackson who had referred him to Pharmac which presumably won't have much to say as they can't be asked to purchase or order an as yet unapproved med. It seems odd that Pfizer would be applying to Medsafe for approval if they did not have some indication from NZ that we were interested in purchasing Paxlovid.

19 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I thought Leo said that he had spoken to Jackson who had referred him to Pharmac which presumably won't have much to say as they can't be asked to purchase or order an as yet unapproved med. It seems odd that Pfizer would be applying to Medsafe for approval if they did not have some indication from NZ that we were interested in purchasing Paxlovid.

I know from my friend in Malaysia that Malaysia has already been given a spot in the que...seems they are more onto it than the tooth fairy here.

5 hours ago, Nerula said:

Right so if you show a symptom go straight to the doctor and get him to send you for a test. Then if result positive he/she will put you on the med in the sweet spot. If it is here.?

Why is it the clown show MOH is always behind the 8 ball?

It is not the MOH - it is the MOI = Ministry of Incompetence 

8 hours ago, Leggy said:

Fuck you talk shit some times 

If you don’t know how it works just say nothing 

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

They certainly need something…for anyone that thinks this is going away anytime soon…..:rolleyes:

C18A76F8-0FD3-40B5-9B42-67E71245ECF5.png

What we( the rest of NZ outside auckland) need is for them to stay put when the borders are opened up.90% vax rate nationwide but it is only in auckland that the virus is circulating and KILLING PEOPLE.Stay home this xmas, you are not welcome in my neck of the woods,or anywhere else where we have fought hard to eliminate covid,why would we want any reintroduction of covid after what we went through to get rid of it? Why would we want to kill people needlessly? So aucklanders can wave their dicks about in queenstown or coromandel because they got to 90% after soo much suffering,soo much economic hardship,we followed the rules ,beat the virus and now we are to be betrayed because aucklanders are soo deserving.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Fuck you talk shit some times 

If you don’t know how it works just say nothing 

No shit. Pfizer terminated the phase 2/3 trials and released an interim analysis only a couple of weeks ago. The final analysis will need to be submitted to approval agencies before purchases can be confirmed. Pharmac will negotiate that in the NZ case if they haven't already, but at this stage, subject to Medsafe approval. That IS how it works in the same way it has for Molnupiravir

39 minutes ago, Leggy said:

No shit. Pfizer terminated the phase 2/3 trials and released an interim analysis only a couple of weeks ago. The final analysis will need to be submitted to approval agencies before purchases can be confirmed. Pharmac will negotiate that in the NZ case if they haven't already, but at this stage, subject to Medsafe approval. That IS how it works in the same way it has for Molnupiravir

That Merck drug won’t even get made, let alone licensed, it’s half as efficacious as Paxlovid …..why would you compare them ?

2 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

What we( the rest of NZ outside auckland) need is for them to stay put when the borders are opened up.90% vax rate nationwide but it is only in auckland that the virus is circulating and KILLING PEOPLE.Stay home this xmas, you are not welcome in my neck of the woods,or anywhere else where we have fought hard to eliminate covid,why would we want any reintroduction of covid after what we went through to get rid of it? Why would we want to kill people needlessly? So aucklanders can wave their dicks about in queenstown or coromandel because they got to 90% after soo much suffering,soo much economic hardship,we followed the rules ,beat the virus and now we are to be betrayed because aucklanders are soo deserving.

Tell me, what part of the country are you in "where we have fought hard to eliminate covid,why would we want any reintroduction of covid after what we went through to get rid of it?"  

And "after soo much suffering,soo much economic hardship,we followed the rules ,beat the virus and now we are to be betrayed because aucklanders are soo deserving?"

We are supposedly a team of 5 million, not a team of 3.3 million versus a team of 1.7 million. Auckland, and Aucklanders, by December 15th, will have done 4 months of hard yards to support ungrateful people like you and give you time, 4 months (17 weeks) of it to get prepared. Getting vaccinated takes 3 weeks. What have you been doing for the other 14 weeks? Living something of a normal life at Alert Level 2 somewhere? I don't know where you live, but outside of Auckland "rolling the rules" has been a walk in the park by comparison. Even Waikato and Northland have had it easy by comparison. Shorter times in Lockdown and less people affected. 

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

That Merck drug won’t even get made, let alone licensed, it’s half as efficacious as Paxlovid …..why would you compare them ?

Well, it was the best we had at the time and it's already licensed this month  by the MHRA in the UK. Just prior to the analysis of the Pavlovax B/C trial being released. I already noted above that it was less efficacious. It is however already being manufactured with 10 million courses available within the next month or so.

Returning to the original discussion as it applies to racing, the point is that based on the Oxford evidence, requiring double vax certification for entry to and participation in events has a minimal and declining effect on reducing risk to others. It's possible that it increases the risk because in the vaccinated population you will have way more asymptomatic but infected people wandering around shedding the virus, unknowing and untested. The only way that vax certification might be of some use is if you require certification that participants were vaccinated say within the last 3 months (or had a booster shot within that period).

8 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Tell me, what part of the country are you in "where we have fought hard to eliminate covid,why would we want any reintroduction of covid after what we went through to get rid of it?"  

And "after soo much suffering,soo much economic hardship,we followed the rules ,beat the virus and now we are to be betrayed because aucklanders are soo deserving?"

We are supposedly a team of 5 million, not a team of 3.3 million versus a team of 1.7 million. Auckland, and Aucklanders, by December 15th, will have done 4 months of hard yards to support ungrateful people like you and give you time, 4 months (17 weeks) of it to get prepared. Getting vaccinated takes 3 weeks. What have you been doing for the other 14 weeks? Living something of a normal life at Alert Level 2 somewhere? I don't know where you live, but outside of Auckland "rolling the rules" has been a walk in the park by comparison. Even Waikato and Northland have had it easy by comparison. Shorter times in Lockdown and less people affected. 

I am in the capital,but temporarily in wainuiomata for 2 weeks,virus free and easy,living the dream.You obviously think 17 weeks gives you the right to shit on the rest of "the team" well we are the majority who by following the rules served a shorter sentence,we got early release from covid because we earned it.You could have too but rules were made to be broken( by aucklanders) How many deaths will satisfy your bloodlust,you are not happy just killing aucklanders.You seem to think a vax shot is all we need but as I stated earlier 90% vaxxes nationwide but only in auckland are people dying because the virus is being allowed to circulate,you need to get clean and healthy and then you can be part of the team and you will be welcome anywhere

12 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

I am in the capital,but temporarily in wainuiomata for 2 weeks,virus free and easy,living the dream.You obviously think 17 weeks gives you the right to shit on the rest of "the team" well we are the majority who by following the rules served a shorter sentence,we got early release from covid because we earned it.You could have too but rules were made to be broken( by aucklanders) How many deaths will satisfy your bloodlust,you are not happy just killing aucklanders.You seem to think a vax shot is all we need but as I stated earlier 90% vaxxes nationwide but only in auckland are people dying because the virus is being allowed to circulate,you need to get clean and healthy and then you can be part of the team and you will be welcome anywhere

Do you have any understanding of the loss Auckland business has suffered.. I have commercial property and have lost thousands supporting business.

One poor bastard has a vehicle service outfit. He took over in March after managing the business for 6 years and bang straight into lockdown. He's told he has to apply to Waka Kotahi to do warrants so he waits to October before someone comes to inspect and approve.

So he is sorted now? No they havent sent him the books FFS.. These lazy Government fucks in Welly are beyond despicable. Ape are you one?

But I will be able to go and see a horse come 15 December - but I will have to queue to get a bloody haircut before I do that. I dont want to frighten the horses!

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Do you have any understanding of the loss Auckland business has suffered.. I have commercial property and have lost thousands supporting business.

One poor bastard has a vehicle service outfit. He took over in March after managing the business for 6 years and bang straight into lockdown. He's told he has to apply to Waka Kotahi to do warrants so he waits to October before someone comes to inspect and approve.

So he is sorted now? No they havent sent him the books FFS.. These lazy Government fucks in Welly are beyond despicable. Ape are you one?

But I will be able to go and see a horse come 15 December - but I will have to queue to get a bloody haircut before I do that. I dont want to frighten the horses!

Make sure it’s in Auckland and not Palmerston North…..😆

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/palmerston-north-man-upset-after-hairdresser-cut-off-his-long-hair/7KZMCLK7M4ZDK55XYCBSUOMJ5I/