RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Racing at Ellerslie

With the borders not due to open until the 15th December , that spells doom for the very popular Twilight meeting at Ellerslie on the 9th.

Also, Boxing Day and New Year's Day races at Ellerslie will be run behind closed doors ...... how sad!!!!

23 minutes ago, Blossom Lady said:

With the borders not due to open until the 15th December , that spells doom for the very popular Twilight meeting at Ellerslie on the 9th.

Also, Boxing Day and New Year's Day races at Ellerslie will be run behind closed doors ...... how sad!!!!

Is this 'official' or an educated guess ?

With the traffic light system protocols changing and many being undecided there surely may be some entry of members and public permitted.

Its an outdoor event with plenty of social distancing for allowed bubbles to be catered for.

I'd suggest some effort  will be made by Club to cater for some spectators !

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Why should it be closed off ?
If vaccination levels reach 90% before Christmas there should be no problem for those with vax proof.

This bloody mob make it up as they go, Ardern hasn’t a clue..and couldn’t care less about racing.

someone buy Neve a pony for gods sake ...

19 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Why should it be closed off ?
If vaccination levels reach 90% before Christmas there should be no problem for those with vax proof.

This bloody mob make it up as they go, Ardern hasn’t a clue..and couldn’t care less about racing.

Would Judith Collins and National be doing any better?

There's little or no evidence I can see they would do anything any differently - they'd be getting the same scientific advice from the same people, wouldn't they?

30 minutes ago, stodge said:

Would Judith Collins and National be doing any better?

There's little or no evidence I can see they would do anything any differently - they'd be getting the same scientific advice from the same people, wouldn't they?

Wouldn’t be difficult Stodge, Arderns containment/eradication strategy was frankly never going to work with an airborne virus.
And some of that “scientific advice “ has been coming from some dubious sources. The initial modelling was bullshit to scare people.
We need to open the place up , and get back to something like normal life and get businesses moving again. The economic fallout has been huge.

The virus is out there in most parts of the country with cases increasing daily.
Containing it has been a failure, so you have the choice...get vaccinated and get on with it, or don’t and take your chances.

National vaccination rates are getting to that 90% mark so lockdowns will not be needed or wanted, and the borders need re opening ( not until next year ) to revive the Tourism industry.

Once International travellers start arriving again, we’ll see what happens then.

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Wouldn’t be difficult Stodge, Arderns containment/eradication strategy was frankly never going to work with an airborne virus.
And some of that “scientific advice “ has been coming from some dubious sources. The initial modelling was bullshit to scare people.
We need to open the place up , and get back to something like normal life and get businesses moving again. The economic fallout has been huge.

The virus is out there in most parts of the country with cases increasing daily.
Containing it has been a failure, so you have the choice...get vaccinated and get on with it, or don’t and take your chances.

National vaccination rates are getting to that 90% mark so lockdowns will not be needed or wanted, and the borders need re opening ( not until next year ) to revive the Tourism industry.

Once International travellers start arriving again, we’ll see what happens then.

The same thing will happen as everywhere else Delta will run rampant just look at Europe..its everywhere and out of control...and you want that here...you must be nuts.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, Blossom Lady said:

Why do we race horses in n.z?

I get the daily data 

Read it for yourself 

The health system is not under pressure 

The daily infections are dropping below the seven day rolling average 

Only five people are in ICU 

Only two fully vaccinated people are in hospital

The criteria for a red traffic light is NOT being met…..this is NOT a crisis as the media is describing it 

This data doesn’t lie 

F63F9633-063F-42DA-BB20-9344F49D977F.jpeg

On 11/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, scooby3051 said:

The same thing will happen as everywhere else Delta will run rampant just look at Europe..its everywhere and out of control...and you want that here...you must be nuts.

You are not a business owner obviously….the virus is out there, just get on with it.

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=343918&fm=newsarticle+-+Sports%2cnrhl

Watching the Irish test was interesting…..60% vaccination rate there and 50,000+ in the Stadium……living life as they should….

58 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Not sure 60% is correct.  Ireland is one of highest vacinated populations. 75.5% of their population fully vaxd.  NZ is 68.9% of total population. 

Don't get me wrong though, I am over all this shit and just want to get on with normality.

image.thumb.png.394bde4c16d432a6be98e66f21cbb01a.png

A few of those countries  in the wake of waning immunity are facing a fresh wave of infections.Having fired off all their shots,blown all their loads ,now they have to deal with PREMATURE INNOCULATION.        What sort of limp response will they,and then us come up with in the future?

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You are not a business owner obviously….the virus is out there, just get on with it.

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=343918&fm=newsarticle+-+Sports%2cnrhl

Watching the Irish test was interesting…..60% vaccination rate there and 50,000+ in the Stadium……living life as they should….

And do you have pre existing conditions that if you get it then it will almost certainly kill you???

52 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And do you have pre existing conditions that if you get it then it will almost certainly kill you???

52 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Outside the chemo time line now and double jabbed so as good as it gets…😉

205 cases today right through the country…..It ain’t going away anytime soon and will probably mutate again down the track.

We need to get things back to normal……if you don’t get vaccinated you take your chances as many no doubt will.

:rolleyes:

44C671AE-77F0-439A-8C6C-B57D60AAA45A.jpeg

Could I please ask the uneducated to do two things 

1. check the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine and it’s booster shots …..nearly 90% protection against hospitalization and death 

2. check the efficacy of the new protease inhibitor Paxlovid …..90% protection against hospitalization and death if you’re vaccinated but get infected 

Let me do the math for you ….if 10% are at risk after being vaccinated …… and Paxlovid protects 90% of the 10% that leaves 1% vulnerable ……..1 fucking percent …….now instead of resisting the overwhelming science how about you just focus on learning to do your shoe laces up 

Leggy,

I have been a contributor to this blog for quite a few years.

I am trying to scrape my memory processes.  At the moment I think your post above might possibly qualify as the worst I have seen on this blog.

And then I thought, Leggy, your time might be better spent, over in the corner of the room, fellating your boyfriend.

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Leggy,

I have been a contributor to this blog for quite a few years.

I am trying to scrape my memory processes.  At the moment I think your post above might possibly qualify as the worst I have seen on this blog.

And then I thought, Leggy, your time might be better spent, over in the corner of the room, fellating your boyfriend.

If that's the case Tauhei, then I think you have gone one better. I'm curious though exactly what you find so objectionable about my post?

59 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Asked a doctor whether the magic med was here and he said no not yet. He said if you get the covid there is a sweet spot where it works best and it isnt in the end stage time.

Yes, that’s a critical factor, at the 2-5 days stage 

Protease inhibitors have been around a while though, they’re largely credited with solving the global AIDS and Hepatitis C problems, and this particular version of protease inhibitor dates back to 2003 and the SARS epidemic ( another coronavirus ) 

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Could I please ask the uneducated to do two things 

1. check the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine and it’s booster shots …..nearly 90% protection against hospitalization and death 

2. check the efficacy of the new protease inhibitor Paxlovid …..90% protection against hospitalization and death if you’re vaccinated but get infected 

Let me do the math for you ….if 10% are at risk after being vaccinated …… and Paxlovid protects 90% of the 10% that leaves 1% vulnerable ……..1 fucking percent …….now instead of resisting the overwhelming science how about you just focus on learning to do your shoe laces up 

Over here, 15 million have had their third or booster dose. Mrs Stodge and I are getting ours at the weekend.

And yet - case numbers (or more accurately reported positive tests) are still rising at nearly 45,000 in the past 24 hours.

However, deaths are falling as are hospitalisations and the evidence is those requiring hospital treatment are overwhelmingly the unvaccinated while those who are doubly vaccinated but catching the virus seem to be getting it in a much milder form.

There are little or no restrictions and no sign of any return at this time.

Trying to eliminate the virus is futile - vaccinations are the way forward as is learning to live with it. As the German health minister said today (presumably in German) "everyone in Germany will be vaccinated, recovered or dead" which, while blunt, has the virtue of being the truth.

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Yes, that’s a critical factor, at the 2-5 days stage 

Protease inhibitors have been around a while though, they’re largely credited with solving the global AIDS and Hepatitis C problems, and this particular version of protease inhibitor dates back to 2003 and the SARS epidemic ( another coronavirus ) 

Right so if you show a symptom go straight to the doctor and get him to send you for a test. Then if result positive he/she will put you on the med in the sweet spot. If it is here.?

Why is it the clown show MOH is always behind the 8 ball?

51 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Right so if you show a symptom go straight to the doctor and get him to send you for a test. Then if result positive he/she will put you on the med in the sweet spot. If it is here.?

Why is it the clown show MOH is always behind the 8 ball?

I just spoke to Rod Jackson and he’s referred me to Pharmac ….but Chris Bishop is adamant the government hasn’t ordered it…..this is bizarre and negligence