RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

We will be going to the races soon

29 minutes ago, Shad said:

Why put yourself at risk, double jab no guarantee, even though its portrayed to be, your choice either way.

each to their own but if i ever see a teacher or nurse on the picket line again wanting more money i will gladly drive straight past them without blinking a eye might even stick the middle finger up....

they have sold there fellow members down the drain with these mandates nothing to do with being anti vax but how they let the government split them up with these take it or no job mandates is beyond me sad times 

Because the vaccine does not stop us catching covid or spreading it, the vaccine passports are useless. 
Us vaccinated people only have a 13% better chance of avoiding covid than the unvaxxed 
If we are slightly worried about avoiding covid at the races - then the only way to have a safe event is for people to show a very recent negative covid test. Ideally the saliva test at the gate, or even better would be the breathalyzer if comrade allows it.   https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-breath-test-device-developed-dunedin-childcare-staff-try-it-out/SSFPQ7GN27DWVOSHIDTFUIRSPM/
The vaccine passports are useless when it comes to covid health. 

5 minutes ago, Nerula said:

If you want to vent it should be against those people that voted for this clown show.

i have had one jab and will get my 2nd but its my choice, like everyone else i eat and drink and i wouldn't have a clue what's in my food so I'm prepared to take the jab 

and if it helps me then good if not well what have i lost???

but how certain workforces have sat back and let fellow workers lose their jobs without sticking up for them is disgraceful 

if the teachers and nurses had shown any spine what so ever we would not be in the position where a lot of new Zealanders are going to face take the jab or no job policy....

its no ones fault this disease is here but how its going to divide the country is our own fault........ 

4 hours ago, dock leaf said:
Because the vaccine does not stop us catching covid or spreading it, the vaccine passports are useless. 
Us vaccinated people only have a 13% better chance of avoiding covid than the unvaxxed 
If we are slightly worried about avoiding covid at the races - then the only way to have a safe event is for people to show a very recent negative covid test. Ideally the saliva test at the gate, or even better would be the breathalyzer if comrade allows it.   https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-breath-test-device-developed-dunedin-childcare-staff-try-it-out/SSFPQ7GN27DWVOSHIDTFUIRSPM/
The vaccine passports are useless when it comes to covid health. 

Not quite right, latest research from Oxford shows both main vaccines are very effective for 6 months at preventing transmission with waning after this period but still highly effective at preventing serious cases.

We only need to look to NSW for evidence of how effective they are at preventing transmission, NSW R# is estimated to be under 1.

The fact cases in Auckland havent grown exponentially suggest the high vaccine rate is reducing transmission.

10 hours ago, Shad said:

Why put yourself at risk, double jab no guarantee, even though its portrayed to be, your choice either way.

I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced of the vaccines even though was among the first to be jabbed. I also know some folks don't really have a choice, no jab, no job.  That's a heck of a situation to be in. The impacts are incredibly far reaching.  

5 hours ago, barryb said:

Not quite right, latest research from Oxford shows both main vaccines are very effective for 6 months at preventing transmission with waning after this period but still highly effective at preventing serious cases.

We only need to look to NSW for evidence of how effective they are at preventing transmission, NSW R# is estimated to be under 1.

The fact cases in Auckland havent grown exponentially suggest the high vaccine rate is reducing transmission.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-safety-measures-helped-limit-covid-19-spread-at-child-care-centers

1 hour ago, diesel said:

I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced of the vaccines even though was among the first to be jabbed. I also know some folks don't really have a choice, no jab, no job.  That's a heck of a situation to be in. The impacts are incredibly far reaching.  

Yep your right there, has caused divisions, between friends, family, and workmates, how can that be a good thing, sad state of affairs and I see the farmers on the warpath with their protests, good on them ,the way it's all heading, should we really be worrying.

5 hours ago, barryb said:

The Oxford research is trying to spin an utter failure into a positive by quoting what are meaningless stats,outside Auckland (in NZ) AND inside China the R# is zero ,quarantines are the only truly effective method, and when they have failed ,the spin merchants start feeding us positive inspirational messages.There is no more effective method guarunteed to increase the R# than a vaccine passport and the associated relaxation of restrictions.Waikato and Northland are showing clearly that the only way forward is to BAN AUCKLANDERS, they are toxic,exponentially toxic

14 hours ago, Southland said:

Where does this announcement leave industry personnel who are unvaccinated?

Won’t be on course by the look of it.

Looking for a new job?

https://www.racingnews.co.nz/nztr-covid-update/

So back to the question. If I’m a trainer or jockey can I attend race days?

If I ride track work can I be on a racecourse to do the job I love?

Industry has invested in my training and development. If I choose not to be vaccinated is that investment flushed because I’m effectively blacklisted.

and given racing is primarily an outdoor setting does that not make these career limiting Restrictions OTT?

2 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

The Oxford research is trying to spin an utter failure into a positive by quoting what are meaningless stats,outside Auckland (in NZ) AND inside China the R# is zero ,quarantines are the only truly effective method, and when they have failed ,the spin merchants start feeding us positive inspirational messages.There is no more effective method guarunteed to increase the R# than a vaccine passport and the associated relaxation of restrictions.Waikato and Northland are showing clearly that the only way forward is to BAN AUCKLANDERS, they are toxic,exponentially toxic

& many of the non vaccinated are  trying to spin any amount of bullshit via social media & other forums.

16 hours ago, shodsie said:

i have had one jab and will get my 2nd but its my choice, like everyone else i eat and drink and i wouldn't have a clue what's in my food so I'm prepared to take the jab 

and if it helps me then good if not well what have i lost???

but how certain workforces have sat back and let fellow workers lose their jobs without sticking up for them is disgraceful 

if the teachers and nurses had shown any spine what so ever we would not be in the position where a lot of new Zealanders are going to face take the jab or no job policy....

its no ones fault this disease is here but how its going to divide the country is our own fault........ 

It is they could have closed the border and not allowed the red zone flights in just like she closed the border so late first time round...the way she has managed it is woeful...she had luck at best but that has fast run out...she treats us like school children and is so condescending the way she addresses the press conferences....wont release information except in dribs and drabs so she can get her head on the TV...no she and her cohorts are responsible for this look at other island nations virtually none on most of them...JMO

20 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You have proof of that??? Nobody knows where it come from...unless you know more than the rest of the world..

Well, we have proof that Fauci funded the lab, that's not up for debate.

Finding the origin, if animal related, isn't hard. But it's been how long now? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how Covid was released into this world.

But, no one will be held accountable, which is the shocking thing. Those in charge of containment have killed millions, but not a peep from anyone.

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Don't get so defensive... 

They always find the animal within a couple of months. It has been almost two years now.... because there is no animal.

It just so happened that the epicenter of the virus was in Wuhan, where the Covid lab is located. 1+1 =?

It was in Italy and the USA even before China...so stop assuming...

2003 SARS zoonotic bats and civets 

2012 MERS zoonotic bats and camels 

2019 zoonotic bats and maybe pangolins 

Anyone see a pattern ?

BTW zoonoses are quite common so there’s no great conspiracy here 

As for the unvaxxed, your life will be untenable, you won’t be able to live a normal life other than visiting the supermarket ( and that’ll probably be banned soon ) or visiting your doctor …..welcome to a new world of loners and nillers sitting at home staring at their devices trying to find someone or something to hate….oh that’s right….that’s your life now so nothing will change